Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705361 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4875 on: June 04, 2010, 02:44:25 am »
Again very nice! Where is ur NY crowd from maybe I live close to some of them.  Thanks Pappy

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4876 on: June 04, 2010, 06:52:54 am »
Hope so to Tiller, :) Russell they live just north of Buffalo, Friday finely and I really need a break,It has been a long week,Last week at Ryan's really took it out of me or it may have been the 10 hour drive home. I am headed to the cabin as soon as I get off and hope to get a few things done,need to mow for sure but also plan on pulling the rest of my stands and do a little bushhogging,got to get going on that. Greg and Big A wants to put out some food plots so I may get a start on that.
As far as the shop I have no big plans,I traded for a nice big forged blade while in PA that I may
try and put a handle on and really need to get to work on some arrows,the cool thing is I have nothing I have to do so whatever hit my mine is what I will get into.Hope yall have a good one also.
Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4877 on: June 05, 2010, 12:31:22 am »
Sounds like a perfect weekend, Pappy.  ;)   Enjoy!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline steve thinnes

« Reply #4878 on: June 05, 2010, 01:18:13 am »
Pappy,

I measured the logs I have in case you want some hawk throwing at "The Classic", one particular measures at 30-"-36" and there are several at 18"-24" in diameter. Let me know if you want them, I'll bring them down in July if so.

Enjoy your weekend, get some rest!

Thundernose

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4879 on: June 07, 2010, 06:44:22 am »
A couple of them would be nice.Bigger the better. Thanks Stave.See yall in a month. I had a great weekend,got a lot done,Beau came out Sat. morning and helped the old man get the rest of my deer stands out, :) Almost time to put them up again. :) I also got my cow horn fixed so it works better now,needed a bigger hole also made a smaller one.I traded for a blade while I was in PA,I got the handle put on it. GregB and his brother was down working on knives,and JohnT and art also showed up along with some regulars.Got my camper straightened and repack from my trip and the grass mowed so I am caught up for a while. Now we start getting ready for the IBO world,another big job,hopefully when this is over in mid July I can get some rest. ;) :) :) Here are a few pictures of the weekend.John finely got the Bow and quiver set he won at the Classic,he loved it and said it would be hung in a nice spot right beside his fireplace.  :) Hope yall had a good one also.
     Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4880 on: June 07, 2010, 06:49:56 am »
My horn with a bigger hole. ;) :) JohnT with his Bow set he won at the Classic,KingRon and Art seating around chewing the fat.He is looking good. ;) :) Art with some of JohnT's work since the Classic,he has been busy.  :) GregB with a knife he is making from a rail road spike,it is looking good. :)   :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4881 on: June 07, 2010, 07:02:33 am »
Both horns finisher,one with a high pitch and one with a much deeper tone,Greg and myself doing a little knife work and Terry taking on the task of sharping the railroad spike of GregB's.He got it sharp as a razor,very good steel. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4882 on: June 07, 2010, 07:08:57 am »
Handle Finnished on mine,all but the sanding,GregB says. ;) :) :) He loves to sand ,I don't.Greg and his brother Earl stayed at the knife work up into the night,I went to bed. ;) :) Earl has really got into the knife thing and I think he has 3 going right now,I told him I couldn't wait to see one finished.
Greg love's the big one Earl is working on,he has been grinding on it for 2 or 3 weeks. Great time . :)
Life is good.  :) :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4883 on: June 07, 2010, 08:44:18 am »
Looks like a good weekend wish I lived close enough to come hang out on the weekend.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4884 on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:54 am »
Me to Ron,you could bring the meat and onions.  ;) ;D ;D By the way that pantie hose thing works great,I am still eating the Onions. :) :) I did get some commits on how long Miss Joanie's leg were.  ;) :) :) Man the bunch I run with. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4885 on: June 07, 2010, 09:53:31 am »
Look forward to Monday mornings and the pictures of Pappy's weekend.  Like the big knife, horn, and King Ron looks good!  Greg has become the "Blade Man of Twin Oaks"!  Going to have to try to trade him out of one of those big blades.  The gentleman with the bow and quiver set looks like he is pleased with them.  Maybe we can get some fellows to donate all the different things next year!  The river behind the house is running full tilt and you can hear the big boulders being rolled down stream.  Hope the water stays where it belongs.  Lots of elk calves but no fawns yet.  Its really green and beautiful here now!  Maybe Miss Joanie and Pappy can make it out here this summer to check out
our mountains!  A/ho Pokie

Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #4886 on: June 07, 2010, 10:10:33 am »
Man getting home sick.  Only 38 mare days and me the wife, and Dan and Steve will be back down there.  Can't wait!!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #4887 on: June 07, 2010, 10:38:57 am »
Pappy I bet miss Joanie can fend of any comments she seems to be tough. Those onions will keep for a long time in the panty hose.Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4888 on: June 08, 2010, 06:29:43 am »
Can't wait Bear,Ya Ron she has Terry on her list[bad list]  ;) ;D ;D for that and I am sure will take care of him next time she sees him. It dose work tho.Thanks for the idea. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4889 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:44 am »
So did you guys get into that case of syrup yet?