Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695255 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6240 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:43 am »
I think PatB got full. ;) :) :) Gary discussing bows as usuall,by the way Larry makes some fine Maple syrup,just ask Woody. ;) ;D ;D ;D A proud winner,she was so happy. :) Cora and Miss Joanie,I am sure they had been talking about Me and David and what fine fellows we are. ;) ;D A painting I bought for Miss Joanie for her collection,I think she has 8 or 10 of these. Saying some good buys,it seem to take forever getting here and then is over before you know it,can't wait till next year.Life is good. ;) :)
I sure hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed putting it on for yall and hope you can make it back someday. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6241 on: May 12, 2011, 10:48:18 pm »
Well I got me a ride from my daughter to Twin Oaks tomorrow so Life is going to be good.  See ya then Pappy.  I talked to Allen and he's coming Saturday to visit and shoot the practice range with John Thomas.  Those two boys can flat out fling an arrow, so I'm gonna tag along to get some pointers.   8)

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6242 on: May 13, 2011, 12:36:46 am »
Pappy, that young gentleman on the left talking to Gary, do you know his name? I feel like I should have known who he was, but we were never introduced, properly. :) A very nice and funny young man. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #6243 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:35 am »
Eddie, That was Cody.  I'm not sure his name on here, but he lives up here in Chicagoland.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6244 on: May 13, 2011, 02:44:37 am »
Cody was a big help with the Boy Scouts bow building. Handled it like a pro!!!  8)  He's a fine young man and it was a pleasure working with him!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6245 on: May 13, 2011, 07:03:57 am »
Yes he was Pat,a real refreshing young man to be around. Eddie I am with you,I talked to him but never really meet him,hope to see him again. Got home yesterday to a package, Now that is a knife,I will have pictures Monday.Thanks Charlie  :) :) I have a little package for you ,It will be headed your way in a few days,as soon as I get back to town. :) Well it's Friday again and got lots of plans,Dave is comming down from IN. to do some Turkey hunting and I may just tag along.Got to pull my deer stands and have started on My Winged Elm bow,got the nocks cut yesterday and ready for long string tillering.I would love to get it braced this weekend. We also have some things to do around the club,it goes straight from the Classic to the IBO world,then we get a break. ;) ;D ;D Can't wait for that. ;) ;D  Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. Life is good. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #6246 on: May 13, 2011, 07:40:08 am »
Truck is packed and ready to go. I just have to go to work for about 5 hours first then I 'm headed south. ;D  This will kinda be a make-up weekend for not getting to the Classic this year.  That really tore me up not being there.  Gonna try and make sure that don't ever happen again.  Can't wait to get there.
                                                                        David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6247 on: May 13, 2011, 09:04:03 am »
See you and Jon this evening,should be another great one. ;) ;D ;D ;D Can't wait.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #6248 on: May 13, 2011, 09:36:27 am »
Glad the package got there ok and you like them Pappy.  That large one could go in the bow building area...... ;D ;D

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6249 on: May 13, 2011, 11:06:16 am »
David....sure That really tore You up when you missed the Classic....Now you got Pappy and Twin Oaks....all to Yourself...I see how it is now..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #6250 on: May 13, 2011, 11:43:40 am »
Dave hope you have fun.  COME ON JULY
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6251 on: May 13, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »
Just told ya on the phone but 'ill tell ya again, "shoot him in the face". ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6252 on: May 16, 2011, 07:19:48 am »
Great weekend,lots of good friends and lots going on.We done some knife work/bow work
and Dave and Chris done some Turkey hunting. Good food to boot.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. :) Got a gift from Charlie,thanks I love them. Sam gave me some Elk at the Classic,I cooked it up and man that stuff is great. Dave makes it in Friday evening and Jon's new knife,He has about as many knives as I do. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6253 on: May 16, 2011, 07:25:49 am »
Dave 's new Osage bow,we got it reflexed and the propeller taken out this weekend,looking pretty good.GregB made Dave a really nice Knife sheath,had a wild Turkey on it,just Beautiful work.Getting
supper ready,Dave made his peppers for Friday night.Yum. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6254 on: May 16, 2011, 07:32:30 am »
Woody is always a hoot. ;) ;D ;D Beau and Christina looking over the arrow head shadow box they won at the Classic,they loved it,and said thanks to all that had a part of it. :) Just relaxing after a good supper,got to love the fire. :) Bubba and Woody getting to know each other. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good