Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694372 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7125 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:19 am »
Congratulations, Jimmy!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline StevenT

« Reply #7126 on: December 01, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »
Hey Pappy,
I see on one of your post that you said "Jesse hanging out,we will miss him." What did I miss? I sure hope nothing bad.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7127 on: December 01, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »
I see on one of your post that you said "Jesse hanging out,we will miss him." What did I miss? I sure hope nothing bad.

He's headed to Hawaii and the Too light to Fight, to Heavy to Run 25th ID.   8)

He's being reassigned to an overseas assignment.  We all hope he returns back to us after he's done int the 25th ID.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline StevenT

« Reply #7128 on: December 01, 2011, 06:15:31 pm »
Hey, as they say, someone has to do it. Maybe he can find some fresh obsidian to wack.

Offline Otis

« Reply #7129 on: December 01, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »
Congrats Jimmy! And a big thank you for your service and sacrifice. Hope the promotions keep coming for you.
                                                                                            David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7130 on: December 02, 2011, 07:22:38 am »
Well it's Friday,Sooooooooooo glad. I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get out of here. Plan to hunt this evening,the weather is great.I went out yesterday evening seen a 5 point and button 30 yards or so.That always makes a good day and squirrels you would not believe,I need to start hunting them at least then I could get some shooting in. ;) ;D I think Jon and Shannon are coming down and I am sure there will be some more vistors ,nothing special planned just same stuff/bow/arrows/Hides/Napping/eating/lye telling around the fire and some hunting tossed in. ;) ;D ;D Hope yall have a good one, see ya Monday  :) :) :) :). Life is Good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #7131 on: December 02, 2011, 09:40:32 am »
Thanks again guys.  I've always tried to keep that part of my life, the rank in particular, aside from everything else.  It's who I am and what I do - for 25 years now - but rank and position don't mean much at the campfire or in deer camp.  As I said in the other thread.  Ranger B has a lot of personal memories for me but Ole Jimmy will always work. 

I've got some work to do on Post preparing for a couple of weeks TDY at Ft. Leavenworth, then I am heading over to the farm for a while to see Pappy and shoot a bit.  I may scrape on a bow too. I have to make one for a buddy of mine.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #7132 on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:36 pm »
Jimmy, Sorry i could not make it.
 I dont have my truck anymore (its in rout to HI) and i was stranded doing PCS stuff.
Congrats!!!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7133 on: December 02, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »
Ranger B.  I sure hope I am on your buddy list ::) ::) ::)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7134 on: December 05, 2011, 06:55:44 am »
Another great weekend, no deer but lot of fun stuff happening.Shannon made it down for the weekend along with a bunch of the regulars. Had a special treat,Gil one of our wounded warriors came down and I got the honor to give him a bow
Eric had made for him.It is a beauty of a bow and he shoots it very very well. I also got a little hide work done and finely got the finishing touches on my Winged Elm bow. I think everyone had a good time.Hope yall did to.Here are a few pictures of the fun.  :) :) The last picture was coming from the Stand Thursday evening,it was one of the pretty's sunsets I have seen in a while.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7135 on: December 05, 2011, 07:01:46 am »
One of the above pictures was some of Jesse's rock,he want to store while he is gone,I told him I would have to build a wall around it at the Classic. ;) :) :) Chris keeps putting them down. You will have to guess what Woody has made. ;) ;D ;D
that boy ant right. Shannon shows up.Art and Beau,the old and the young we got all ages .
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7136 on: December 05, 2011, 07:06:23 am »
Jesse and Shannon, Will makes it down after his hunt Sat. morning. Gil and his new bow from Eric. He was so proud and said he was shooting it much better than he did his HH bow. :) :) Very nice  and thoughful of you Eric. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7137 on: December 05, 2011, 07:09:50 am »
Gil and his new bow,also his first 2 shots,the 2nd was in the bull at 20 steps and the first wasn't to bad either. ;) :) :) Smooth and quite he kept saying. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7138 on: December 05, 2011, 07:20:47 am »
Jon putting his new bow together. Jesse and Abby,very nice couple we will miss. :( :( Will doing some shooting and giving Jimmy some pointers. ;) ;D ;D Me working on my beaver hide.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7139 on: December 05, 2011, 07:25:41 am »
A little Knapping,a little shooting.Shannon working on a kids bow,I think he started it the last time he was down,guess the kid ant in a hurry.Jesse and Gil talking about things that go on in war and how they effect you for life. :) :) We love our soldiers. :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good