Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705342 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9210 on: May 07, 2013, 10:10:33 am »
Got home yesterday afternoon to tall grass and leaves on the trees.  As most of you know, Miss Heather took hundreds of photos.  We'll organize and get some of them posted soon.  Fantastic time, to say the least.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline iowabow

« Reply #9211 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23:42 am »
Hats off to the Twin Oaks Bow Club for a truly great Classic. Thanks Pappy and Miss Joanie for sharing your piece of Tn with the rest of us. Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:00:22 am by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #9212 on: May 07, 2013, 10:51:46 am »
Thank you Pappy, Miss Joanie and all at Twin Oaks!!!

Drove down at the last minute with Chuck after the bear hunt got pushed back a week.
I did'nt do a darn thing all weekend except hang out, gab and laugh with all of the great people that were there.
26 hrs. on the road there and back and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #9213 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:22 am »
Just got home about 30 minutes ago.  What a trip and good time.  Thanks to Pappy, Miss Joanie and all the people of Twin Oaks for a wonderful time.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9214 on: May 07, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »
Drove in @ 3:30 this morning!  One really long drive and glad to be home!  This was my very best Classic and having Hawk there to share it was special.  Much effort by the members of the club to make this thing happen.  Only One Pappy in the World.  Thanks for the memories!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9215 on: May 07, 2013, 03:51:03 pm »
Glad you guys made it home safe, Joe. It was a pleasure meeting Hawk and his girlfriend and thank you very much for the rifle sling, it's special to me. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Stringman

« Reply #9216 on: May 07, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »
Joe and Hawk - I truly enjoyed spending time talking with you two. Thanks for all the stories and discussing hunting strategies with John and I (hope that point is a good fit in your quiver.) And thanks Pappy and club members for supplyin the setting to meet so many great folks! I'm extremely glad I made the decision to attend this event!

Scott

Offline osagejack

« Reply #9217 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:56 pm »
a few pics form tn classic

Offline osagejack

« Reply #9218 on: May 07, 2013, 11:57:26 pm »
great time as always at tn classic,,thanks for everyone making this our best classic ever,,sorry I had to leave early,,see everyone at next shoot

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9219 on: May 08, 2013, 07:45:41 am »
Finely got a little time to post a few pictures,the first are from the early pat of the week,which is the time I love the best,I actually get time to visit. Like I said it was a big success for us even with the weather. We had 423 registered shooters and feed at best count 650 Saturday night so we were very pleased.Thanks to all that made the raffle a big success also. :) :) You folks are to good to us and it is much appreciated. Also anyone interested in the scores ,they are up on our web site along with some pictures [twinoaksbowhunters@wordpress.com] Here are some pictures of some of the fun. :) The bow I had time to skin/some more hides racked and Chuck came up with a fine load of Osage. I told him we were trying to put stuff up and he was still hauling stuff in. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9220 on: May 08, 2013, 07:53:16 am »
Bear/Steve and Charlie showed up real early. ;) :) New member board and those that have gone on.  :)Note they added Hannah to the list, :( meant a lot to me. :)
Making the Selfbow Challenge trophies. Pretty decent tiller on those little bows. ;) :) :) Some scrapping going on early in the week. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9221 on: May 08, 2013, 08:00:07 am »
Trophies ready for the stick on plaques. :) Grounds ready for or friends. :)
Will keeps us entertained through the week. :) KingRon and the next genration,his latest grandson. :) Will warming up on his napping getting ready for the crowd to come. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9222 on: May 08, 2013, 08:04:30 am »
The wickies  ;) :) show up for the week,Matt and heather may not do that again cause I really put them to work and they were a great help.Thanks. Hauling Osage to the barn and Charlie cleaning pitch. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9223 on: May 08, 2013, 08:09:06 am »
Greg/Chris/Cody and Cracker showed up early also,lot of fun and fellowship early in the week.  :) I put them to work also from time to time. ;) :) Never heard a complant.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9224 on: May 08, 2013, 08:17:18 am »
Barb and Davy showed up from NY, Lot of scrapping fund fun in the evening around the shop. :) ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good