Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670859 times)

paulc and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18780 on: April 03, 2022, 04:25:14 pm »
My girls just resting by the fire in their favorite chairs, it was kind of chilly all weekend. New sticker for the club, I really like the new Classic sticker. :) My 2 buddies John and Bo came in from Arkansas for a few days of turkey hunting.  :)I went out Saturday morning and heard a few but couldn't find the dumb one I was looking for, maybe tomorrow. :-\  Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18781 on: April 04, 2022, 03:41:56 am »
I agree with the Girls - that's a mighty Comfy spot  (=) ! Thanks Pappy - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #18782 on: April 04, 2022, 07:24:48 am »
Still following along, loving the updates! Thanks for taking the time.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18783 on: April 05, 2022, 08:23:34 am »
Glad you enjoy wooddamon1, ya Bob you been right there in that spot, the girls are just keeping it warm for you until you return.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18784 on: April 05, 2022, 10:15:18 am »
Yup it always seems like they are pretty good at knowing where the comfortable spots are. And if they can they modify them to fit even better.

Remember when sister was a rambunctious little one. Seems like she fits right in now.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18785 on: April 06, 2022, 08:26:34 am »
Ya she was a hand full when she was younger, but has settled down now and is a big part of the family.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #18786 on: April 06, 2022, 10:43:09 am »
Ya she was a hand full when she was younger, but has settled down now and is a big part of the family.  :)
 Pappy

Still waiting for that to happen with my pup.  :)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18787 on: April 07, 2022, 08:28:58 am »
O she still has her days but overall she fits right in now.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18788 on: April 08, 2022, 08:42:52 am »
Heading to the cabin for a few days, lots going on and the weather is not helping, ???  calling for rain again/cold and possibly snow showers, that's good maybe it will get all this weird weather out of it system and be pretty for the Classic  :-\ Not likely but who knows, IT COULD HAPPEN. ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18789 on: April 09, 2022, 08:29:16 pm »
Heading to the cabin for a few days, lots going on and the weather is not helping, ???  calling for rain again/cold and possibly snow showers, that's good maybe it will get all this weird weather out of it system and be pretty for the Classic  :-\ Not likely but who knows, IT COULD HAPPEN. ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy

Good luck with that Pappy. It’s been hard finding much sunshine around here for quite some time. Hope you have nice weather for the Classic

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18790 on: April 10, 2022, 06:46:13 pm »
Thanks BJ, we are use to bad weather at the Classic so it won't be anything new for us and all that attend regular, I think we have had 2 or 3 dry years in all the years we have done it. :) Great weekend, I got a few things done in the shop Friday and we had a good working Saturday, it is starting to look like we just might be ready. ;) :) :) :) I made some head way on my Osage that i left the sap wood on handle and tips, rough floor tillered and ready for some tweaking on the form before  tillering. Also started another knife and got it ready to heat tread and add scales.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 07:22:06 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18791 on: April 10, 2022, 06:52:58 pm »
Got it on the form and everything lined up with a little back set induced. Also found an old box turtle shell in the woods, I always save them, hard to find them that haven't lost the scales, so I sealed it up so it won't loose the scales and it will go in the cabin with my others. :) don't take a lot to make me happy. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18792 on: April 10, 2022, 06:56:09 pm »
Joe showed up to hang out and work on his Osage stave. It was cold with snow and sleet so my girls stayed close to the fire. :) Got the scales drilled and pins fitted for my new knife, that's about as far as got on it this weekend. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18793 on: April 10, 2022, 07:02:45 pm »
Jesse showed up with a gift from his trip to Columbia, Ya the COUNTRY  :-\ and Jon showed up with a new sign, said he was tired of looking at the magic marker sign that has been on my bench for years. I didn't think their was anything wrong with the old one ??? but this one is pretty nice, thanks JON. First thing Saturday morning we got the PA tent set up, now i can get the tables in place and mark that off my list. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18794 on: April 10, 2022, 07:07:37 pm »
Will went out on a mushroom hunt, found more than I thought he would with the weather we have been having.Got my bow on the tiller stick, needs some work on the right limb , but not a bad start. :) Also got my wood cut and stacked for my trip to CO. this fall, the wood they have there is not much at least not for a guy use to oak/Hickory and Osage so I am carrying my own, I figured just enough for 5 days in base camp, the rest of the time we will be in spike camp somewhere way up and may not be able to have a fire anyway. I talked to them last year and I can bring my own, just have to burn it all or haul it out when i leave, no problem.  ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 07:11:13 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good