Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650427 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19500 on: May 28, 2023, 06:06:41 pm »
Saturday morning we finished tillering Bucky's bow and shot it some 51@26 and shot nice, tiller looks a little funny because of the humps in the top limb but looking at the un strung profile it is tillered nice. I worked on the handle and a small shelf on mine and shot it also, love it, smooth and hit where you look, who could ask for more than that. ;) Then back to my knives.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 06:22:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19501 on: May 28, 2023, 06:09:31 pm »
Stands all made up for my knives, nothing like antler/bone and deer toes for making knife stands and I am Blessed with that stuff.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19502 on: May 28, 2023, 06:16:47 pm »
I got a great gift at the Classic, Teresa Asbell said she knew I would appreciate it, it is one Gary build for G.Fred, she knew Gary and I was very close and Fred and I had become good friend over the last few years, it means a lot to me and will be cherished for sure. :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good !
« Reply #19503 on: May 29, 2023, 03:03:15 am »
That was very nice of Teresa. Think I'd recognize a GSD Bow, a Mile away  (lol) ! Thanks as always for sharing  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19504 on: May 29, 2023, 07:57:16 am »
Ya Bob his bows are hard to miss.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19505 on: June 01, 2023, 04:59:24 am »
I've come back and looked at the Pics of that Bow a few times. I might be mistaken, but I think the Grip is Turtle Skin. We used to get it from a Guy in Kentuckey. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19506 on: June 02, 2023, 07:18:06 am »
Yep I think you are right bob, I remember you had one when you came to the Classic and got me to guess what it was, If I remember right it was a turtle neck skin. Got some great news yesterday !!!!! Beau and I both got drawn for Elk in the area we wanted, the same area we went to last year, really excited, didn't think we had a chance but both got either sex tags so now it is time to start getting ready, we will head out the 30th of August through the 15/16th of September, can't wait.  ;) :) :) I am really getting to old for this stuff but plan on doing it as long as The Good Lord gives me the strength and so far he has.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #19507 on: June 02, 2023, 08:54:31 am »
Great news on the tag! Have a super weekend.

Offline Otis

« Reply #19508 on: June 02, 2023, 11:04:59 pm »
Great to hear that you both got drew.  I struck out on all 4 of my draws in Colorado for elk.  Haven't talked to the other guys yet to see if any of them got drawn.  Get your old body in shape so it won't be too hard on ya.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19509 on: June 03, 2023, 04:02:16 am »
Congrats on the Draw !  Bob

Online osage outlaw

« Reply #19510 on: June 03, 2023, 07:22:40 am »
Good deal on getting drawn.  It's getting harder for us out of state guys to have a place to hunt in Colorado.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19511 on: June 04, 2023, 06:01:42 pm »
Thanks guys, very excited and surprised , we had 2 points but still thought we wouldn't get drawn, I figure a lot didn't put in because of the bad winter kill this passed winter, Didn't bother use, we figured it didn't kill the all  ;) :) it's more about the trip just me and my son anyway.  :) Had a great weekend, it has turned summer here so in the shop with the fan was a good place to be. I did do a couple of 2 mile hikes with 40lbs but did them early before it go hot. Mostly worked on knives and bows. My pack and 1 of the bows I got set up for the out west hunt, 58 inch n-n yew 52@26 with some 550 grain arrows. Also got 3 more knives and stand finished. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 08:07:05 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19512 on: June 04, 2023, 06:07:02 pm »
Got the handle wrapped on my Osage bow, if it holds up it will go west also, 53@26 r/d 58 inches n-n. I wrapped it with hemp cord , then soaked in thin super glue, torched off the fine hair and sanded, I like these type grip for hunting, water proof and tough as nails, not as pretty as leather but tough in the field. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19513 on: June 04, 2023, 08:02:52 pm »
I don't do many scale knives  and for sure not blanks but went to visit and old friend of mine last week, he is getting old like a lot of us, he use to make a lot of knives but just can't see to do it anymore, He gifted me a bunch of scales and some really nice knife blanks so I decided to put a few together, I really like doing my file knives but this was fun for a change. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19514 on: June 04, 2023, 08:05:37 pm »
Then in for a nice back strap supper, hope the back strap and steaks hold out till deer season comes back around. Nothing like cast iron skillets I keep them cleaner than my stove. ??? ;) :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good