Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669791 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2310 on: October 29, 2008, 10:27:40 am »
 ;D ;D ;D I just love that gale. Your day is coming GregB. >:D
   Pappy
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #2311 on: October 29, 2008, 11:57:03 am »
Way to go Pappy
I'll miss not coming down this year :'(
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2312 on: October 29, 2008, 12:08:15 pm »
I like it!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2313 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:11 pm »
   I just love that gale. Your day is coming GregB.

Oh, it wasn't that bad a picture...just having fun at the club! You know...Life is good!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2314 on: October 31, 2008, 06:13:07 am »
Friday finely.I am off next week .I will be at the cabin from this evening till next Sunday doing a little hunting and who knows what else we will get into. ;D Got some friends coming down so it should
be a blast. Jesse is still in town but has to fly out Sat. morning early.I spent some time with him last night and let him stay at the cabin and I think he plans on hunting this morning,hope he dose some good. He decided the last nigh to set by the fire and ask if I wanted to see him build one with his bow drill,instead the way I usually do it.Lighter and Diesel fuel. ;D Man it took him about 30 seconds and it was going,five minutes and had a roster.I got to learn to do that when he gets back.I am
pretty sure GregB ,BigA,CastIron,Dave from IN. and got a message Sawfiler may make it down,Man
what a party.This is usually the very best time of the year around here if the weather is close to right.I think it is supposed to be in the 70s/40s wished it was a little cooler but it could be worse.
Hope yall have a good one and hope to have some good pictures in a week or so.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2315 on: October 31, 2008, 08:20:55 am »
Ought to be a good time, should have some action!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Otis

« Reply #2316 on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:21 am »
I can't wait to get down there! It's always a great time. Bear, wish you Ohio boys were gonna be there. I'll drink one or two for you and Dan and Steve. I guess Greg, Pappy, and the rest of us will have to eat the peppers without you. I remember last year getting a call about a pepper order and something about being henpecked. Shamed me into coming, glad I did.
                                                                                          David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2317 on: October 31, 2008, 11:01:55 am »
See ya soon.I am out of here. ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2318 on: October 31, 2008, 12:26:14 pm »
Man, that sure sounds nice! It's the rainy season here again.  :'( 
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2319 on: October 31, 2008, 12:27:11 pm »
                                      Send it this way David........I am still watering the Grass and trees.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #2320 on: October 31, 2008, 03:27:52 pm »
I can't wait to get down there! It's always a great time. Bear, wish you Ohio boys were gonna be there. I'll drink one or two for you and Dan and Steve. I guess Greg, Pappy, and the rest of us will have to eat the peppers without you. I remember last year getting a call about a pepper order and something about being henpecked. Shamed me into coming, glad I did.
                                                                                          David
Man if just one of them hadnt backed out I'd be there but I guess I'll just take the week before Indiana gun and hunt hard still saw 3 buck runnin together last sat even.  but rut should be kicken in soon I hope.
mark I sure will miss being down there,  always have a blast and lots of shots.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Ranger B

« Reply #2321 on: November 02, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »
Well, it's Sunday night and I just dropped by to pick up an osage bow I'm working on.  I went over to Pappy's yesterday.  Pappy, Greg, and Castiron were there hunting.  I tillered an osage to about 23" and put it on the form.  Greg pulled it off for me.  When I dropped by everyone was in the woods but Pappy who was working on his Christmas trade....someone will get a heck of a gift!!!  Pappy said they saw lots of deer this morning but no shots.  He'll be there all week hunting and other will join him throughout the week.  I'm in and out of work all week.  Hunting in the morning.  The Hammer is itching for #6. 

The leaves a bright red, yellow and orange here.  Tennessee is incredibly beautiful this time of year.  I look forward to a bright morning of color and hopefully  deer. Life is good.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2322 on: November 03, 2008, 12:16:10 am »
God! I wish I was there. (Dreaming of TN!)  ;)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2323 on: November 03, 2008, 01:02:38 am »
hah you and me both Tiller and i'v only been gone 2 days.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2324 on: November 03, 2008, 02:21:32 am »
I bet Jesse! Hope you can keep in touch through the net. Are you being stationed at a big base or out in the hills?