Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670862 times)

paulc and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2385 on: November 17, 2008, 11:59:49 pm »
Yah! I saw a Turdy POINT BUCK!!!!  :o ;D

Hey Bear! Did I ever send those soaps off to ya? Sorry if I didn't. I will get a couple bars in the mail. Man it got crazy here!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2386 on: November 18, 2008, 05:39:23 am »
Ya my putter was down yesterday and I was going crazy not being able to check in.We had a great weekend.I didn't hunt a lick,GregB, CastIron and Frodo did and seen some deer.CastIron passes my little button buck,good thing for the button. ;) ;D GregB hit one a little back ,We think and the angle wasn't good,we gave it our best effort but no luck.I was busy getting the sinew out of a bunch of legs of mine and some that were gave to me ,I also fleshed 2 deer hides.As soon as Jesse gets back we are going to do some brain tanning.By the way Jesse is the newest member of TwinOaks,now we will really put him to work Also KingRon's son Chris is our youngest member.
We need some fresh new young folks and now we have them. I also got my Osage back on the rack and got it tillered out to 55@25 ,got another inch to go and a few pounds.It is looking pretty good so far.Hope to have It ready for LBL in Dec. Here are some pictures of the weekend.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2387 on: November 18, 2008, 05:44:26 am »
The third picture was some of Frodo's bead work and the last few was BigA working on a snaky Osage.He has it straight and ready to start tillering.Looking good. ;) ;D Also in this bunch ,I have the boys picking up Walnut hulls for some staining,GregB's Dogwood bow almost finished and Rangers
boy with a hat I love. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2388 on: November 18, 2008, 05:49:06 am »
Jimmy's boy we call BoBo and his daughter.We always teach our kid to eat what they kill,Case caught some minnows in the creek so I made him cook them on the fire and he ate them,I ask him how it tasted and he told me they were good,tasted just like fish. ;) ;D ;D We have a bunch of great kids around there. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2389 on: November 18, 2008, 05:53:04 am »
GregB center shoting his DogWood bow,Some more of my sinew saved and another hide fleshed. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2390 on: November 18, 2008, 05:56:36 am »
We also cut a little wood,man we burn a lot of wood.Also Hanna and Case on a squirrel hunt,it was raining so he and her sat under the shed hopping to see some in the yard. ;) ;D Also My Osage and supper and clean up. Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2391 on: November 18, 2008, 08:58:16 am »
It was a good weekend other then my losing a deer. The shot angle was a fairly steep quartering away from around 16 yards or so elevated stand. I purposely aimed for the last couple of ribs to angle the arrow forward hopefully through liver and lungs. Although I didn't see the arrow hit, the shot felt good and the flight looked good. I'm pretty sure I saw the arrow sticking from the deer with it running about 30/40 yards away through brush, and it looked like good shot placement but with poor penetration. I heard a pop sound when the arrow hit, and I think I probably got a rib or two edge-wise and limited the arrows penetration. I'm guessing the broadhead was laying fairly flush against the inside of the ribs and I probably only got one lung and definitely not an exit hole.

There were five of us looking for the deer that evening and again at daylight the next day. We really covered the area well and it just wasn't leaving much blood. I hate it, but it happens...I don't think this was a poor shot for me to take, although a heavier weight bow may have yielded better results. My bow through a lot of shooting has loss some weight and is about 48 lbs at my draw using a 600+ grain cane arrow.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2392 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:52 am »
Looks like another great weekend! Bummer about your deer Greg. Sounds like you definitely went above and beyond to recover it. Good looking cache of sinew and fleshed hides. My labs would have snuck some of the sinew if I looked away ;D.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2393 on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:22 am »
My Lab ant to bad about it but My Mountain Cure ,that is a whole new game.That is why I have to keep it high and on something she can't jump up on. ;) ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2394 on: November 18, 2008, 01:11:13 pm »
Pappy Bo hasn't learned any table manners yet, all he does is eat don't matter what it is either, if he can reach it then its fair game.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline BearG

« Reply #2395 on: November 18, 2008, 02:51:14 pm »
Yah! I saw a Turdy POINT BUCK!!!!  :o ;D

Hey Bear! Did I ever send those soaps off to ya? Sorry if I didn't. I will get a couple bars in the mail. Man it got crazy here!

David T
Nope but I understand crazy at work ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2396 on: November 18, 2008, 03:35:10 pm »
I'm proud to be a Member of TwinOaks, Thank you everyone for voting for me.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #2397 on: November 18, 2008, 05:19:23 pm »
Oh Man! Pappy fleashing hides! cool...
 I see the boys gut us some walnuts.
now all we need is enough 2x4 to build 3-4 racks.
also ganna need some stove pipe and a metal trashcan. and a old paints leg  and some duck tape and clothes pens.
 I'll explain when i get back ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:22:36 pm by leapingbare »
Mililani Hawaii

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2398 on: November 18, 2008, 07:23:27 pm »
Oh Man! Pappy fleashing hides! cool...
 I see the boys gut us some walnuts.
now all we need is enough 2x4 to build 3-4 racks.
also ganna need some stove pipe and a metal trashcan. and a old paints leg  and some duck tape and clothes pens.
 I'll explain when i get back ;D

So you need the fixins to smoke the hides eh Jesse ;) Congrats on being accepted as Member of the Twin Oaks Gang :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #2399 on: November 18, 2008, 07:44:42 pm »
eh.   ;)
Mililani Hawaii