Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670247 times)

Offline Timo

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2865 on: March 19, 2009, 08:10:42 am »
Some days are diamonds Pappy.

I really have to put the Classic into my adgenda for next year. Looks like it's bout an 8 hr drive one way for me. Not bad I figure.Better start saving up some stuff?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2866 on: March 19, 2009, 08:25:57 am »
Sounds like you had a great afternoon Pappy! Sorry I didn't make it, took a walk with the wife...saw a lot of deer, nice evening. We're goig to have to get started straightening those hickory staves out for the Classic as well! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2867 on: March 19, 2009, 09:50:36 am »
Ya I figured that would be next for me ,as soon as I get the 33 arrows done I plan on starting on them. They should be dry now the hot box is at about 85 and MC at around 30/35.I had to add a bucket of water in front of the heat to bring it up some it was down to 10/15 % and I think that is to low even for Hickory. :) The water seems to be doing the trick. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2868 on: March 19, 2009, 10:23:01 pm »
I really have to put the Classic into my adgenda for next year. Looks like it's bout an 8 hr drive one way for me.

12 hours for Me....and I am going to come earlier than I had expected to....may even beat Dana there....so lets have some Spring Water waiting....going to be Parched after a 12 Hour Bike Ride........... O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Bear

« Reply #2869 on: March 19, 2009, 10:55:00 pm »
Well, 2.5 hours for me.  ;D ;D ;D

I'll be there on Thursday for the Calssic. Just can't wait that long, so I'll be there tomorrow night.  ;D

I've got three nephews chompin' at the bit for bows, and a Little Bear who's outgrown the one I made him last year. So I'll be bringing four kiddo staves in addition to the ones I'm working for myself. Gotta squeeze in a round of 3D and some beer time too. It's a tough life, but it's good. ;D
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2870 on: March 20, 2009, 05:37:19 am »
Well if FRIDAY again,we have a big weekend planed,We have our annual 2 day open shoot this
weekend,not as much fun as the Classic but it is always a good time.The range is finished and other than a little cleaning up should have a relaxing afternoon t .In the morning I am in the concession stand all weekend.I do that so I don't have to during the Classic.It ant to bad at least I get to see everyone,they all want to eat. :) I hope to get time to put a grip on the snake bow and finish the tips,maybe this evening. ??? also want to try and shoot.We will see.Hope yall have a good one also.
Life is good. :) Almost forgot we have the youth Turkey hunt going on this weekend also,I think I have 2 kids
going to hunt so hopefuly I will have some pictures of some nice Toms monday.  :) I seen 11 jakes and 3 nice Toms yesterday so maybe they can get on them.  :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:06:33 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2871 on: March 20, 2009, 07:01:28 am »
Its friday but I have to work the weekend :( But thats ok as long as nothing goes wrong in plant I will be able
to do some vehicle maintence, get some work done on a few knives I'm making, shoot my bow, throw some atlatls
and various other goverment jobs ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Timo

« Reply #2872 on: March 20, 2009, 09:01:29 am »
Going to work on the church a bit this morning, O:)have lunch with my Mom and Dad, O:)then spend the afternoon splitting out staves...... :-\Pappy, I would almost trade you a day in the consession stand for the splitting?:) ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2873 on: March 20, 2009, 11:59:39 am »
I would much rather be spiltting Osage. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2874 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:01 am »
We had a great weekend,we had about 170 shooters,not as many as we would have like ,but it could have been a lot worse.Got a chance to work on my bow a little Friday evening and night.I got the tips finished,now for the grip.GregB got some Hickory reflexed for the Classic and I got all the feathers ready arrows for the trophys.Alex [Bear] got 3 bow floor tillered and straightened and reflexed so he had a good weekend. The kids on the youth Turkey done good also.Case Killed
a nice tom.20lbs/8 1/2 inch beard and 3/4 spurs.He gave me the wings.Scotts's nephew also killed a nice one.Hope yall had a good one also.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:09:07 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2875 on: March 23, 2009, 06:17:10 am »
Miss Joanie and Art,We had as usuall a lot of kids,this one is 9 days old.The highlight of the weekend was our boy Jesse came home,he took a bit of his first TwinOaks burger and we all just laughed,he just said WOW O MAN. Good to have you home Jesse ,and Thanks.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2876 on: March 23, 2009, 06:23:33 am »
GregB gave Bear some leasons in wood straightening. I think Alex has it down now.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:27:10 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2877 on: March 23, 2009, 06:32:03 am »
Kids love them selfbows to. :)Some of the guys just chilling with Jesse on the porch. Me and Alex with or staves ,His is ready to tiller,mine is ready to finish. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2878 on: March 23, 2009, 06:39:09 am »
Just unwinding around the fire Sat. night,Turkey taken by Case,and did you every wonder what Turkey eat,look at this close,I never seen so much stuff,no wonder they are thriving,they will eat anything. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2879 on: March 23, 2009, 06:45:49 am »
GregB new tips,they look great,A friend from ILL. came down and as happens a lot with Trad/primitive folks brought me a gift,very nice work bench made out of 100 year old wood from a Barn he Tore down.More 
Turkey and Jesse and John doing a little napping. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:49:39 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good