Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670044 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3075 on: April 20, 2009, 09:59:14 pm »
I musta been hallucinating! There was a cement pad or somethin!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline fencepost

« Reply #3076 on: April 21, 2009, 01:03:18 am »
just gonna be wet

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3077 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:51 am »
If not O well we have all been wet before. :)
Yep pappy....My Ole Man always told me when We were either working or hunting....that ...."You only get so wet....and then it runs off!!!!"

7-8 days before I am there....or at least as of now....if something bad doesn't happen in the Refinery that they make me stay for..... :-\
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #3078 on: April 21, 2009, 01:30:07 am »
Yep! Same here. Though I caught the crud going around....again! Man this really sucks! Hope to be better but I'm coughing up a lung here. Anyone know any remedies for a severe cough? Please dont make me laugh. It hurts too much!!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cracker

« Reply #3079 on: April 21, 2009, 07:18:04 am »
Two cups of Smirnoff to one cup of orange juice. Three times in one hour.If you don't believe it try it.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3080 on: April 21, 2009, 07:40:17 am »
Two cups of Smirnoff to one cup of orange juice. Three times in one hour.If you don't believe it try it.Ron

Man dats a lotta Orange Juice............. >:D

Actually Cracker...thats about 3 ounces short of 2 fifths of Vodka in an Hour.....I bet you can feek better .....for a while.....till yer praying to the Porcelan Goddess...toosin your lunch and Cajones!!!!!  Been there ..........done that......God please make it stop....aint got nuthin left ta throw up but my Nutz!!!!!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #3081 on: April 21, 2009, 07:58:19 am »
The trick is to stop just before you loose the ability to pass on your genes.Ron

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
« Reply #3082 on: April 21, 2009, 01:51:23 pm »
Dear Pappy,Joanie, and All, Thank you so much for having our family @ Twin Oaks last week. If there is a" Heaven on Earth" then we were there! We made it home by 5:00 pm on Monday after hitting hard rain @ Paducah. I really appreciate the help finishing the hickory bow and what a thrill shooting it for the first time! Pappy,we can't thank you enough for spending time making knives and arrows with Sam and Isaac...I believe you lit a fire in them that will remain for the rest of their lives. In fact, we are looking for" Guardians" for the boys if something happens to Linda and I... are you interested ? (we'll have a serious talk later) We need to thank John T. for the points and helping the boys learn about knapping. I may have learned something too if i could have stayed out of the turkey woods. It was great to see everyone again, King Ron, Greg, Jerry,Woody and meeting David and Forrest and other folks we've never met. If only we could come to the Classic... someday! This vacation ranks at the top of the list, thank you all!  Pappy, I promise to figure out the picture deal, but now I need to get the snowmobile ready to go over the pass in the morning. Rumor has it they are gobbling all day and the snow is melting fast on the road. Love to all, Linda, Teddy, Sam and Isaac  P.S. Isaac says he is honored to have Billy's bow and will do his best to kill an elk with it this fall.
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3083 on: April 22, 2009, 06:10:15 am »
It was great having yall,and you know you are welcome anytime,You know your way around better now so maybe next year you all 3 will take some birds,not just Sam :).Maybe Sam will give you some leassons. ;) ;D Yall have done a great job with them boys,I enjoyed spending time with them.Mine
is grown and gone so it is great to have some interjected kids around that want to learn. Thank
yall for the arrow and the wing bone call.I will try it out if I get a chance to get out again this year.
Wished yall could make the Classic ,maybe some year it will work out.Good luck with your hunt
and tell Isaac to shoot straight. :)  I know Sam will  :)We can talk about the boys but I can tell you now it would be our Honor. See ya next year and stay in touch. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3084 on: April 22, 2009, 12:10:40 pm »
2 more days!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3085 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:00 am »
1 more for me.I plan on trying on getting as much done This evening and Friday so I will have time to hang out Sunday,then finish up everything on Monday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3086 on: April 23, 2009, 11:15:08 pm »
  Dana,,,, 37dgs?  I've been walking around with my shirtsleeves rolled up at -2. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #3087 on: April 24, 2009, 01:27:53 am »
Fealing better! Not great but hope to be doing really good. Temp here in the 50's!

Offline cracker

« Reply #3088 on: April 24, 2009, 05:20:26 am »
76 degrees here. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but come on Monday.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3089 on: April 24, 2009, 05:47:10 am »
Well guys it is time.I will be out of here early today and won't be back till the 5th of May.I
have a lot of things to get done in the next few days,but feel sure all will be done.Grant had a change of plans ,so he will be there  :).I started this Classic week just like last year,21 LB Turkey
9 1/2 in. beard and 1 in spurs.So we got fresh meat. I got him in the fridge and will probably eat it the early part of the week. :) Hope yall all have a safe trip and I will see ya next week.If you need me call 615-456-5961 or miss Joanie at 931-362-3717. For the ones that ant going to make it,
we will be thinking about yall. Life is good.  ;) :) :) :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good