Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670877 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3135 on: May 07, 2009, 07:20:33 pm »
Here's Mullet's bird still intact. My daughter is here coaching me on sizing pictures and posting. Our first attempt was too large, so here we go again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #3136 on: May 07, 2009, 07:21:38 pm »
Pappy, it was great meeting you and I really enjoyed our conversations!  Thanks for everything! :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3137 on: May 07, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »
Now that is a scary picture Dave :o :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3138 on: May 07, 2009, 07:56:00 pm »
Anyone notice, no veil, no gloves, no cammo pants either! Man hes good!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3139 on: May 07, 2009, 10:00:02 pm »
 Dana, only if you are the hunted. ;) David, those pants are camo, just wet. The face mask is in the pocket, but it didn't matter, that bird didn't know where I was at. It ran right straight to me. Man !, that was fun. Thanks Pappy, thanks Dave.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:51:40 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3140 on: May 08, 2009, 06:05:44 am »
You are welcome Eddie,now you know the rules maybe you can do much better next time. ;) ;D
I am headed back to the Cabin this evening to finish tearing down the range and get the tents down,kind of sad it is over,it went so fast.I have a lot to do just getting stuff back where it belongs.
I may try the Turkeys one more time,this is the last weekend.I also need to get packed for my trip up North.Miss Joanie and me are flying out next Friday to Wyoming to visit Beau,we will be back Thursday evening late so I have to have my car packed and ready to head straight out for Ryan's shoot in PA. so after this weekend I won't be back at the cabin for 2 weeks. :( I also plan on working on the glue up James was so kind to give me after his glue up class,I ant sure what to do with it but I am going to give it a try,never worked on one of them,JohnT has done a lot so he is coming down to help and guide me along.I hope to have a bunch down to get things back in order,but yall knows how that goes,we usually do it all right after the shoot but it was so wet and muddy so we decided to do it this Sat.Sometimes they tend to forget.I think Jon is coming down also to work on some bows and help out and I am trying to talk him into making the trip to PA with me,since GregB woos ed out. ;) ;D Got some Moose steak laid out and plenty of supplies to make up a good meal tonight.Hope yall have a good one also. Life is good.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #3141 on: May 08, 2009, 01:11:03 pm »
Have fun this weekend Pappy and have a great trip! Should be fun right now in Wyoming. Think the snow is gone by now with only drastic changes in weather from day to day! Was in Montana one year 70 deg one day and snowing the next!

Hmm! Just looked at the pictures again and saw the one with me and Jesse in Cammo. Two things I realized! 1) Cammo looks pretty good one me! 2) I have to get some exercise!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3142 on: May 08, 2009, 01:13:48 pm »
Hmm! Just looked at the pictures again and saw the one with me and Jesse in Cammo. Two things I realized! 1) Cammo looks pretty good one me! 2) I have to get some exercise!

David T

Yes it does...but wear the Hood too!!! and Yes you do....but don't We all............ ::) ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3143 on: May 08, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

Hmmm......Eddie's turkey, is a nice one, but, uh no gloves, and just where is his left hand? :o  Let's hope that one has a glove on it! ;D

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #3144 on: May 08, 2009, 02:54:58 pm »
Eddie...the one and only Turkey Proctologist?  Nah!  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3145 on: May 11, 2009, 06:39:43 am »
Had a great but wet weekend,the good Lord showed what he could have done to us Friday night,
Man there was water everwhere,Where Yazoo camped was in a foot or 2 of water. :) :o We did
manage to get the range down and the green tent down also,it almost came down on it's own. :)
Done some bow work and put a handle on Tillers Blade.I got my parker glue up done all but the sealer.Jon also got the blank he got from Ryan tillered and shot.Hailey got a Hickory bow tillered and GregB got the one he had of Jesse's dad finished tillering and shot.All in all a great weekend.Here are a few pictures.O ya Friday night I was by my self and was forced to eat Moose steak and veggies all by myself,it's a rough life I have. ;) :) I had to cut off about 4 inches to bring the glue up up to weight,in doing that I cut off all the reflex in the tips,I wasn't sure that the glue would let me put it back in.I tried it anyway and it worked just fine.It turned out 51 @26 and man is it short.Stackes a little now but shoots just fine.Should make a good blind bow. :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3146 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:01 am »
Us testing out GregB 's new bow from Ryan,man it is nice, and the fine bow Mullet left at the club.
I don't know how he is going to get along without that one. ;) ;D Chris helping Haley with her Hickory and Jon shooting in the Ryan Blank he got at the Classic.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3147 on: May 11, 2009, 06:53:05 am »
JohnT showing me some staining tricks on My Parker bow.Tip overlays on Jon's bow.Jesse and JohnT doing a little napping,they can't go a day without that and Brain's knife,Jesse made the blade and Brian put the handle on.Also I finely got to shoot the Bow Gary Davis made for me,man is it sweet. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #3148 on: May 11, 2009, 07:00:31 am »
Looks like a good time was had by all. Oh to be in Tennessee again Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3149 on: May 11, 2009, 07:01:22 am »
Jesse's new Tat,Cool but I don't want one. ;) :)  My Parker bow after staining and also Jon's.GregB shooting in Drew's bow,it turned out nice. :) JohnT working on some cain and Haley with her Hickory tillered,she worked hard on it and did 90% herself.Nice job.Hope yall had a good one also.
Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good