Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669842 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3150 on: May 11, 2009, 07:35:32 am »
excellent ink jess.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3151 on: May 11, 2009, 08:05:32 am »
and the fine bow Mullet left at the club.
I don't know how he is going to get along without that one. ;) ;D    Pappy

I was wondering if He ever bothered to take that one back to Florida........... :P ;D ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3152 on: May 11, 2009, 08:21:27 am »
No Mike he left it there so some of us could get hurt with it. ;) ;D ;D I strung it up but when I went to draw it everyone scattered like a covey of quail. Never did figure out how you are supposed to shoot it. ;) It will be there for him on his return,or we could cook brats with it,wonder what kind of coles Guava makes. ???  ;) ;D
       Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #3153 on: May 11, 2009, 08:30:52 am »
Wow,Im just now catchin up Ive been swamped with work and being Mr. Mom since I got back from the Tenn H20 classic. It was great as always,and good too see that Pappy and the gang havin fun afterwards,but Im wonderin bout the one pic of JonT sittin,is he flippin the bird,or is there somethin in the pic I didnt catch? Oh,and I dont remember Mullet callin that guava a bow.Heard it called lots of things,but pretty sure it werent a bow.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:34:54 am by Auggie »
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3154 on: May 11, 2009, 09:03:49 am »
 ;D ;D ;D I didn't catch that either,JohnT was working on some cain and I snapped the shot,you know them guy always wanting to be funny. ;) He probably didn't know the whole world would
see.  :) I heard it called a lot also and I think you are right it wasn't a bow. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3155 on: May 11, 2009, 09:44:39 am »
 Pappy, I'll get it next year unless a beaver snacks on it between now and then. It does have a nice string, though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3156 on: May 11, 2009, 10:22:41 am »
Just scrolled through all the pictures, didn't do a whole lotta readin - this thing just keeps on growing. Hope it doesn't grow a brain and take over ciberspace :D. Lot's of good lookin weapons and other works of art there - good times no doubt..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3157 on: May 11, 2009, 10:45:57 am »
Pappy, I'll get it next year unless a beaver snacks on it between now and then. It does have a nice string, though.

I should have grabbed it, bet it would make great porcupine bait >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3158 on: May 11, 2009, 11:16:10 am »
Auggie, I heard about the same on that bow of Mullet's. I thought it was a walking stick at first, lots of character :D
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3159 on: May 11, 2009, 04:59:10 pm »
Pappy, You guys didn't find my Nicholson #49 did ya?  Do you know if Greg gave the arrow I left for Mr. Patel's son? They were coming back on Sunday but we left before they got there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3160 on: May 11, 2009, 05:00:46 pm »
Auggie, I heard about the same on that bow of Mullet's. I thought it was a walking stick at first, lots of character :D

Tracy...it's not a Walking Stick...did you draw it....the damned thing is ALIVE!!  You pull the String and it starts to twist and squirm just like a Snake in Your Hand.......... ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3161 on: May 11, 2009, 06:02:48 pm »
Yikes! Was Eddies bow made by someone we know? By Eddie?  ;D

Glad the blade came out well, Pappy! Let me know how it works in deer season. Should slice and dice!

Man, I wish I was back there still! Nice here but boy look at all the fun stuff going on at Twin Oaks!.

Nice Tattoo Jesse! Dont think I will get one but it suits ya! Looking forward to chasing Turkeys with ya again in the future.

Tiller

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3162 on: May 11, 2009, 10:06:24 pm »
  Nope David, It's a famous guava bow from Hawaii. Pappy, save me a Brat and the string ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:10:58 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3163 on: May 11, 2009, 11:42:10 pm »
Dang Pappy, thats what you call a deflexed/deflex bow.....lol. I wish you wouldn't have cut it down already, I'd of helped you glue another lam on the belly and added some more reflex to it.  Glad to see Jon got his bow shooting and Greg finally got to shoot "Angelina"..... ;D She smokes a arrow pretty good don't she!  :)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3164 on: May 12, 2009, 06:10:50 am »
Ya it shoots great,fast and smooth,I wished I had known but I never fooled with one like that before so I did what James told me to do. Pat I found one but can't find a name on it.I will try and get a picture when I get back and see if it is yours or somebody recognize it. I don't know on the arrow,didn't know anything about it.I plan on taking the arrows you made up to Ryan's with me
next weekend,Davy is supposed to be there.Thanks for them I really wanted to win them. :(
Cowboy we sure missed you,maybe next year. :) You missed a great time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good