Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670924 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3165 on: May 12, 2009, 11:50:49 pm »
Go ahead and sacrifice my Bamboo backed bow that failed on me at the Classic to the fire gods! Not the hickory one though!!!! Its still good! :o

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3166 on: May 13, 2009, 07:52:03 am »
Hey Pat, yes I did give the arrow to Mr. Patel's son...he really liked it! I think we'll see those two back next year for sure!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3167 on: May 13, 2009, 10:45:28 pm »
Thanks Greg. They both were very cool folks. I look forward to seeing them again.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3168 on: May 14, 2009, 12:46:51 am »
Tiller, what hapened to you boo bow?
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3169 on: May 14, 2009, 01:40:29 am »
It hinged on me just when it hit full draw. Bummer! James is sending me a new blank. He mentioned he thought the glue may not have set up right because of the low temps in the heat boxes.

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3170 on: May 15, 2009, 05:56:12 am »
Well it's Friday again and for once I ant headed to the cabin  :'( I am headed to Wyoming  :)
Me and Joanie are flying out at 3 today to visit or son.We will be gone till Thursday and then I
am headed up to Ryan's shoot in PA.I will be covering some miles of the next couple of weeks.
This will be the first time in years I haven't been at the cabin for 2 Weeks in a row. Jon and I
loaded my car last night for the trip up to Ryan's [Hope I packed enough arrow ]  ;) ;D Hope
GregB and BigA can hold the fort down while I am gone. Yall have a good week and Memorial day.
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #3171 on: May 15, 2009, 07:06:23 am »
Have a safe trip Pappy. Hope you and Miss Joanie have a big time.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3172 on: May 15, 2009, 08:43:39 am »
Pappy & Joanie:  Sure wish you had the time to pay us Wyoming folks a visit.  Between Mike and Stacey and our selves we could show you some beautiful country.  Have a safe trip and tell Ryan we said hello when you go to his shoot!  Joe & Eloise
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #3173 on: May 15, 2009, 09:43:23 am »
Mark you and Jonnie have a great time.  And wish Beau and his lovely wife my best.  See ya at Cloverdale.  Maybe next year I can go to Ryan's shoot.  I cant believe other employees have to take vacations and mess things up for me.
Bear
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3174 on: May 15, 2009, 12:33:47 pm »
Have a good time Pappy and Miss Joanie...you two deserve a little R&R with all you have done lately....have a nice visit Beau and his new Wife...and be safe and God Bless
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3175 on: May 17, 2009, 11:59:08 am »
Thanks folks,me and miss Joanie are having a great time,we went to the bad lands and Mt.Rushmore yesterday and also the Black Hills.It's been fun so far spending time with Beau and Christina.I took a walk this morning ,the rest slept in ,it is beautiful out here.I coulde see the Mountains and some snow covered peaks just walking around.It was cool.I will have plenty of pictures.We seen
Coyotes,Prong horn,Mule deer,white tail,Buffalo and miss Joanies favorite prairie dogs,she said they sung to her and put on quite a show. See yall in a week or so .Life is good.  :)
     Pappy 
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3176 on: May 17, 2009, 03:12:09 pm »
Are'nt road trips just grand ? Those plains get awful pretty in the spring when everything is greening up. Happy travels !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3177 on: May 17, 2009, 04:00:46 pm »
Pappy:  Sure wish you would swing over our way.  We caught trout yesterday and watched a herd of elk and a grizzly bear this morning from the porch!  Would love to try to show you some of the same hospitality that you showed my wife and I at the Classic!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3178 on: May 18, 2009, 07:58:30 am »
Sounds like yall are having a great time...wish I could see that part of the country some time.

I selected an osage stave/split log for Doug and got four staves out of it before he arrived. Also selected a short one for his daughter Katie. Doug selected the one he wanted and after using the hachet to remove bark, I got him started chasing a grain. He was working down several layers trying to get past a worm hole, got the stave 3/4 chased before stopping for the day. I chased the grain on the stave for Katie, layed out a bow and got it cut out on the band saw. It has several pin knots, and a little character to it. Put some super glue in a couple of small side checks near one tip...should be okay.

All in all a good afternoon at the club, and quiet.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
« Reply #3179 on: May 18, 2009, 10:48:53 am »
Hi Joanie and Pappy, Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip and I'm sure it is great to see your son and daughter-in-law. It is probably a beautiful place when it is not snowing sideways! We spent the weekend getting schooled by the one gobbler we located...what else is new. We came home Sunday and Isaac started scraping on his hickory bow and we tried cutting out a "practice" stave of osage with quite afew cracks in it... we'll see if we can get a shooting bow out of it? Please tell Beau and Christina they are welcome down here any time and our archery range will be up in about a month. We hope the road into the lake will be plowed this week...Have a fun and safe trip ! T,L, S and I
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...