Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669603 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3345 on: July 10, 2009, 03:28:43 pm »
Good to see safe and sound Jimmy! Be save over there on your way back and we will see you in half a year!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #3346 on: July 10, 2009, 06:14:30 pm »
Hey guys, I just did some back tracking on the site here and it made me miss ya all, kinda miss sitting down to a meal with you. especially all the game you cook. My mouth was watering as I looked at the pics.

Just wanted to say Hi, glad you have this post so we can all see how "life is good".
VB

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3347 on: July 13, 2009, 05:25:24 am »
Yes it was a great time and really good getting to see Jimmy and BoBo again.It was nice to get the chance to spend some time with them.It has been a whirl wind weekend for me.I flew out to Denver,Co.Thursday evening.Beau and Christina picked us up and we drove to
Laramie WY.Loaded the truck and headed out back To TN. Friday morning at 6am.We drove straight through and got back home at 7am Sat. morning.Beau and I drove the truck and never slept a wink.We didn't even turn on the radio on the whole trip.Lots of catching up to do. :) :)I understand the boys at the club got all ready for our shoot this coming weekend,sorry I missed that but it is good to have my boy back home. :) ;DHope yall had a good one also.Life is good. Tired but good. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3348 on: July 13, 2009, 05:31:40 am »
That was Beau and Christina locking the door in Laramie,and then a few of the trip.Looked a lot different than it did back in May when me and Miss Joanie was there. :) Then them back in the swing at home.Kids you got to love um. :) I got to mark off 2 more states on my list on this trip,Nebraska and Iowa. I have about 25 marked off and would love to see the rest before I am out of here. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3349 on: July 13, 2009, 06:06:59 am »
Pappy:  Glad to see you made it back from Laramie!  Its a long drive! You will have to take the time to visit our end of the state some time!   Would like to meet Ranger B!  Went up to Stacey Huston's Birthday party yesterday and got the bows out for a little practice.  Going to take the boat out fishing this morning!  If you passed through Paxton, Nebraska then you went by my turkey hunting place!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3350 on: July 13, 2009, 08:01:26 am »
Glad to see yall safely back home! We were confused and thought you had turned around and headed to Georgia for the hog hunt with Eddie.

Took a few pictures from the weekend...putting up targets for next weeks shoot, Jesse working on a yew stave that we got roughed in, Anthony (BigA) thinning his snake bow down to floor tiller and then putting it on the form to remove propellar and add reflex.

I was talked into putting overlay tips on Chris's girlfriends bow...forgot to take pictures of it though. ;)

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3351 on: July 13, 2009, 08:47:52 am »
Looks like yall carried on just fine without me.Glad the range is done I plan on getting down and work on the drive today and finish up anything else that needs to be done .My hog hunt is the 2nd week of August.I seen the tip on Haley's bow this morning,they looked good. :)
       Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3352 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:27 am »
Glad to see you had a safe trip.  Lookin forward to seeing everyone at the end of the week.
BearG
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #3353 on: July 13, 2009, 10:50:31 am »
I thought he was going to the hog hunt as well. 
Hey that's a mean piece of wood Big A is working on there. I need one that looks as snaky as that. I look forward to seeing it.  BoBo shot every day after the round we shot at the farm. He asked to go back over and over. That boy loves it over there. He's pretty quiet and bashful while there but takes in everything because the questions and comments begin before we get to the end of the drive and they last until we go back next time. 

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #3354 on: July 13, 2009, 01:13:41 pm »
RangerB, I'm glad to have seen you home for a visit and counting those days til you're home for good. My husband, Allen always kept me posted on any pics and stories you posted. Our son had been in Afghanistan in 05 and our son-in-law currently is on his 2nd tour in Iraq. We always watched for news of you. We both hoped to meet you one day.
Anthony, that is one good looking bow you're scrapping on!!!
Pappy, I know how happy you and Joanie are to have your boy home. Is it for good or just for right now? I saw the pics of you "making fire" we have a member named Joe Darnell (tasani bows)that showed us (Allen too) how to do that back in March. I videoed him in 3 segments while doing it. Really neat to watch and learn. Allen was working on putting his "fire kit" together before he passed.
Hope all turns out well this next weekend with the scouts.
take care and Life Is Good!!,  Tomi   (Mrs. Cheapshot) :) :) :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3355 on: July 14, 2009, 05:34:09 am »
Good to hear from you Tomi,yes we are both happy having them home.We have a shoot this weekend and the scouts on the 24/25/26 so got a full July. Then I got to get ready for some hog killing [I hope] with Mullet and the guys.Can't wait for that. :) Tell all my friends in the east I said ha.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3356 on: July 15, 2009, 08:23:21 am »
Took some pictures of deer in the backyard yesterday eating the early grapes that are ripening. Two bucks and a doe...looked like a small 8pt with maybe a 10" inside spread, and a spike or possibly a fork horn. Forgot to bring my camera, and the battery played out after taking two pictures of them... :) 

I used to make wine from my grapes, now I feed the deer and turkeys with them. ;D
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3357 on: July 16, 2009, 05:32:56 am »
Had a good time yesterday evening,I got 3 more of the Scout bow heated and straightened
and a little time to shoot.It came a storm around 4:30 and evidently scared Greg and Big A off ;D  ;)but had 2 or 3 brave souls show up and had a great time on the range,shot pretty good to boot.We
still like a little work to be ready for the shoot Sat.and hope to finish that up this evening and
Friday.Got BearG and Bro Dan coming in Friday from Ohio evening so it should be a fun weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3358 on: July 17, 2009, 05:01:51 am »
Its Friday again and man am I glad,We have a shoot at the club this weekend so that should be fun.The range is set and most everything is done so should have some time in the shop today.
I got 2 more of the scout boy straightened yesterday so we only like aboyt 8 more to have the 15 Hickory staves ready for the boys.We should have a good crowd tonight so I am sure it will be a good time around the fire.Also got a big supper planed,the corn is in right now so I plan on pigging out on it while it last.Hope yall have a good one also.Pictures Monday.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3359 on: July 17, 2009, 08:07:31 am »
Hey guys, I just did some back tracking on the site here and it made me miss ya all, kinda miss sitting down to a meal with you. especially all the game you cook. My mouth was watering as I looked at the pics.

Just wanted to say Hi, glad you have this post so we can all see how "life is good".
VB

We enjoyed your company during the Classic...and especially your cooking! ;D Wish we all lived closer to a lot of you guys so we could visit more often. I still think Pappy ought to open up a Twin Oaks Retirement Home!  ;D
Greg