Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670018 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3375 on: July 20, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »
Wow! You all had a great weekend. Wish I was there.

We are going to get our first 90 deg. temp day tomarrow. I think it will go on now for the next few days. Bummer!  :'(
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3376 on: July 20, 2009, 09:45:25 pm »
103 today Tiller....it's let up just a Touch here!!!

Greg....is that a War Club ....or a Coup Stick??......Sure looks nice....that Joe is one heck of a Good Guy....they don't cut too many from that Bolt of Cloth any more I'll tell you........

Bear....you are making me Jealous as all get out..two weeks in a row....and I have to wait till next Spring.....oh....but I am getting to go Home to Da UP for 3 weeks come the 7th of next Month....will be a welcome break from all of this Heat here!!

Life sure is Good....too bad it's all the way over in Tennessee......... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #3377 on: July 21, 2009, 05:11:52 am »
Looks like love is in the air at Twin Oaks to me.
I notice in those pictures that Jesse's neck is all swollen up. Has he been pawing and peeing around the woodline?  Looks to be in full rut to me.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3378 on: July 21, 2009, 08:17:17 am »
Ya Jimmy,He has been hard to keep focused lately and I have seen some unexplainable
cleaned out spots on the ground around the shed close to the cedar posts.  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3379 on: July 21, 2009, 09:14:58 am »
Mark did we need 13 arrows or 15 ?  Dawn has me messed up on how many.

Jimmy looks to me like Jesse has a nice doe rounded up.  she is a sweet girl.

El D  you going up to see Dana?  If so I'm sorry. Just kiddin Dana is a good guy.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3380 on: July 21, 2009, 09:44:00 am »
I'll remember ya said that Bear ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #3381 on: July 21, 2009, 10:52:52 am »
BearG, I think Mark said he needed 15 arrows done, and a few at different stages of what you're doing to the arrow to get to the finished product.   B Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3382 on: July 21, 2009, 10:57:24 am »
     Hey der Bear, careful.  Ya don't want ta be gettin hit wit a frozen pastie ya know...... ;)  When ya have ta watch your step to keep from slippin on da ice, in June, it makes ya kinda edgy, now...... ;D

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3383 on: July 21, 2009, 10:59:25 am »
Dang Wayne ya know us Yoopers purty good eh :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3384 on: July 21, 2009, 12:17:53 pm »

Well, with you being our secret Southern Spy, secretly disguised as a Yooper, just watin fer the South to rise again, and raise the Stars and Bars up there, and funnelin down dem Yooper words, so's we kin use em when we invade and take over the lutefisk vats, and hold em fer ransom to support the effort, I have gained a plethora of Yooperisms.  Keep up the good work Brother, the Sons of the Confederacy is right proud o ya.  :)    Oh hey der, kinda keep dis under yer Kromer hey.   ;)  We wouldn't want all yer hard work ta be fer nuttin now. ;)  Oh, uh, the boys wuz wonderin if'n there wuz anythin you might be a needin, in the way of Grits, possum fritters, possum on the half shell, (armadillo) fat back, turnips, collards, snap peas, butter beans, sweet taters, etc.?  If'n you do , then we might have to make a night raid on ol Mullets garden, whilst he is out hog stickin.  He ain't one to ta send his garden up north.  Sorta sticks in his craw.  Well you jes keep up the good work, and, oh uh by the way, I think we might promote you to a Kentucky Colonel.  No free coupons or anything, but just the rank. ;)  Ok, I think I better get off'n this h'yar thang, and let you git back to Yooperin.  Hey, keep an eye on that El Destructo Feller, I think he might be a counter intelligence plant from up yonder. :o  Ok, watch yer step, if the ice hasn't melted yet.  Keep a good supply o them there frozen Pasties.  We ain't got none o them down here, but a moon pier will frizbie really well.  Like one o them Ninja shuriken, or throwing stars.  Reverend Puffball is real good at tossin em, from a kudzu patch.  Take care now ya hear.

Wayne

Wayne

Offline BearG

« Reply #3385 on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »

Well, with you being our secret Southern Spy, secretly disguised as a Yooper, just watin fer the South to rise again, and raise the Stars and Bars up there, and funnelin down dem Yooper words, so's we kin use em when we invade and take over the lutefisk vats, and hold em fer ransom to support the effort, I have gained a plethora of Yooperisms.  Keep up the good work Brother, the Sons of the Confederacy is right proud o ya.  :)    Oh hey der, kinda keep dis under yer Kromer hey.   ;)  We wouldn't want all yer hard work ta be fer nuttin now. ;)  Oh, uh, the boys wuz wonderin if'n there wuz anythin you might be a needin, in the way of Grits, possum fritters, possum on the half shell, (armadillo) fat back, turnips, collards, snap peas, butter beans, sweet taters, etc.?  If'n you do , then we might have to make a night raid on ol Mullets garden, whilst he is out hog stickin.  He ain't one to ta send his garden up north.  Sorta sticks in his craw.  Well you jes keep up the good work, and, oh uh by the way, I think we might promote you to a Kentucky Colonel.  No free coupons or anything, but just the rank. ;)  Ok, I think I better get off'n this h'yar thang, and let you git back to Yooperin.  Hey, keep an eye on that El Destructo Feller, I think he might be a counter intelligence plant from up yonder. :o  Ok, watch yer step, if the ice hasn't melted yet.  Keep a good supply o them there frozen Pasties.  We ain't got none o them down here, but a moon pier will frizbie really well.  Like one o them Ninja shuriken, or throwing stars.  Reverend Puffball is real good at tossin em, from a kudzu patch.  Take care now ya hear.

Wayne

Wayne
Now thats amouth full
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3386 on: July 21, 2009, 08:18:34 pm »
Better watch it Wayne....you'll tick off Bob wit all yer Yooper Lingo....He hates dat crap...an Wholy-Whuh...We don't need Him all ticked off......eh!!      ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3387 on: July 21, 2009, 09:12:21 pm »
 Dang! a Yooper leavin'Texas. Hey Wayne, I wonder if they celabrate in Texas like we do? ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3388 on: July 21, 2009, 11:43:07 pm »

I would imagine so.  And they probably set up a road side stand with armadillo hand bags, and rattle snake head rear view mirror danglers, on the exodus out.  Too bad the local screeners had been beaten down, by the Yankee Calvary.  But at least their bows, and arrows still live on. ;D  Hey, El D that just gave me a great idea!  We can have Bob at the state line, and he could be the greater, and screener.  ......Okay, lady say dawg.....no, it ain't doag.  Please turn your car around......no sir y'all is plural.  And we don't use the term youse guys, or youse damn southerners down here.  Please get behind the lady...... ;D ;D

Wayne.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3389 on: July 22, 2009, 05:16:01 am »
What's happened to my thread, ;) ;D ;D ;D it's been overrun.  ;) Got the new blades on the bandsaws last night,broke 2 Sat. >:( and plan on straightening the last Hickory this evening.I think we are ready to go for the scouts,This should be fun.We haven't done it in a year or so and it is always fun having the kids down.I love to watch them ,you will have some that will pick it right up and others can't seem to get anything right.Got to watch them like a Hawk or they will wind up with Kinling.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good