Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671234 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3450 on: August 10, 2009, 06:19:18 am »
Had a great weekend,hot and very few hogs but all the fun and fellowship was well worth the drive.
I did get one opportunity Friday evening but guess the shot was a little high,looked good to me but
I have been snake bit when it comes to hogs.We tracked it a couple of hundred yards and then it got so thick even Mullet couldn't get through ;D ;D[,Man I just though Tennessee had thickets] I never seen anything like that.We ate good and a one of Chris's buddies killed a couple of hogs the other 4 took  a big goose egg.I did get to eat Gator and bob cat.Don't think I would god out hunting cat for for food but it would do in a pinch. ;) ;D I also got to see bob cat,turkeys and deer
just not many hogs.Guess they were smarter than us,they were laid up in a cool place somewhere.
Hope yall had a good one also.By the way Tim's place called the Alexacarri Plantation is a beautiful place to go and the accommodations are great,nicer than being at home.Thans to Tim for having me down and Eddie and Chris for the invite,got to do it again just maybe when it ant so hot. :)
Here are a few pictures of the weekend.Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3451 on: August 10, 2009, 06:23:58 am »
The first pictures was the bunk house I stayed in,Had it all to myself,the rest stayed in the
big house. :) These's are some of Tim's mounts in the big house,beautiful mounts,and the last is me gathering pine pitch from the tables,always looking for supplies. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3452 on: August 10, 2009, 06:28:27 am »
Us out on the hunt,man it was hot so we tried to hunt around water wherever we could find it,By the way that big gator on the wall came from the river where we were hunting. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3453 on: August 10, 2009, 06:37:15 am »
Eddie and Chris were going cool. ;) :) and proof there was some hogs there,this young man took 2 in the 90/100 lbs. range. It was fun and I for sure want to make it back.They had a major flood this spring that flooded out all the food plots and also between the heat in the mid 90"s and a full moon we had a lot working against us,That's why we call it hunting not Killing. ;) :) Hope yall had a good one.Now back to the cabin ,my traveling is over for the year and I need to get ready for Deer season,maybe it will cool down.Life is good. :)

Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #3454 on: August 10, 2009, 07:17:21 am »
Yep that heat is rediculous here in GA. that's why I wait till the weather cools off before I go in the woods. Guess I shoulda been born a Yankee or an Eskimo. That really is a nice place to hunt.Great lookin lodge too.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3455 on: August 10, 2009, 07:43:23 am »
Looks like quite an adventure! Sounds like those hogs were cooling it during the day...looks like you had a good time though. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3456 on: August 10, 2009, 09:37:45 am »
 Pappy, I had a great time. My arms look like I got in a fight with a cat. At least no chiggers this time ;D. And, anybody thinking about Kilts, they are highly overated hunting in Blackberry bushes. But it is cooler ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3457 on: August 10, 2009, 09:45:22 am »
I added some overlays over the weekend to a bow BrotherDan is making . Hope you like them okay Dan...

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #3458 on: August 10, 2009, 11:26:28 am »
Man Mark it looks like you guyes had a hoot.

Greg if he dont like those some

things wrong with him.
BearG
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #3459 on: August 10, 2009, 02:40:32 pm »
They look great GregB, why were you worried, man, they are sweeeeeet. Thank you, thank you. I definitely owe you. I'll start making up a goody bag for you with some thing you might need. I'll be going to Friendship next month and I'll be on the look out for some stuff. Thanks again, Greg. Could you talk to Mark and show him those worm holes. being as you started digging them out, ask him if I need to plug them with wood or just glue and some wood shavings.   B Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3460 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:20 pm »
looks like a real nice place. iam glad yall had a good time. its not  bout the kill anyway. its all bout the fun.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3461 on: August 10, 2009, 11:13:01 pm »
 Tim,
    You are right! I had a great time. I got to talk with Pappy more in two days than I ever had a chance in the two Classic's I've been to. He is always too busy. Heck, I was glad to find out there was a reason he looked older than me. ;D ;) Also I was suprised he could keep up with all that Flatland walking we did.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3462 on: August 11, 2009, 05:14:26 am »
Just a little older Eddie,and yes I will give you that ,you can do some walking. ;) ;D It's always good to get out with a bunch like that,the kill is secondary at least it is to me. Tim was a great host and
I still can't get over the beauty of the Ranch and the way he keeps it up. :) I won't tell it ,I will save that story for Eddie,but yall need to get him to tell you about Kilts and blackberry's. ;) ;D ;D Good
to be home but I do love to get away now and then.Now I have a bunch to catch up on ,so I better get busy. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3463 on: August 11, 2009, 10:36:20 am »
Neat country down there.... I am sure you boys had a good time! Man---you have done some traveling this year, Pappy! Mountains, swamps, and everything in between.....
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3464 on: August 12, 2009, 05:34:53 am »
We did Chad and yes I have traveled more this year than most,I have had a good time but man it is good to be home to stay for a while.Got lots to do,deer season is just around the corner. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good