Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671230 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3570 on: September 10, 2009, 05:30:39 am »
We did,had some more fun last night,Jeff,Don,KeithV and myself shot yesterday,we all shot
pretty good and if it will hold up we should be ready for the 26th if the deer will just do there
part. ;) ;D Hope it at least holds through Sat. to get through the shooting part of the Deer Classic.
I don't usually do well on targets. ;) :) Going to try and put up my last couple of stands this evening and go over and tightenand check all the ladder stand Friday.Little more bushhogging some trails and I should be set for the season. Bows and arrows are ready to go. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3571 on: September 10, 2009, 08:30:31 am »
Pappy, didn't think yall were shooting yesterday...I went and set in my stand with a .22 rifle hoping to get a shot at a groundhog I saw munching on my foodplot. It's much to small to share with a hungry groundhog. He didn't show, but a doe with a couple of fawns did, as did a bunch of squirrels eating left over seed, and came out of the woods and into a yard full of turkeys. I ended the evening shooting my bow.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3572 on: September 10, 2009, 09:49:44 am »
Wasn't planing on it,but I cancelled my MRI and was there when the others showed up,Glad I did now ,shot pretty good for a change. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3573 on: September 10, 2009, 10:08:57 am »
Wasn't planing on it,but I cancelled my MRI and was there when the others showed up,Glad I did now ,shot pretty good for a change. :)
   Pappy
Did I miss something whats the MRI for Mark?
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #3574 on: September 10, 2009, 10:14:18 am »
Well its Friday for me me and Dawn are going out to the farm I hunt for a big party on Sat.  I normally go by myself or have to behave and only go for the day on Sat., but with the camper where heading out aroud noon tomarrow and back Sunday.  Then Monday having roof put on the house.  So its going to be a good 4 day weekend.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3575 on: September 10, 2009, 10:57:37 am »
Yall have fun,wished it was Friday for me.MRI hearing loss in left ear.  :) Miss Joanie said I won't be able to hear the deer coming,I told her it didn't matter I could feel and smell them coming. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3576 on: September 11, 2009, 06:05:47 am »
Well it's Friday, Got a big weekend planed,we are having our17th Deer Classic this Sat. and also the Baggett/TwinOaks Bash Sat. night. Big Pot luck to end the Club season and get fired up for
deer season.Lots of Food,shooting and tall tails around the camp fire. Usually a little picking and grinning to boot.It's always fun to get the whole family's down and spend some time together.
I got 2 more stands up yesterday and looked at all of my food plots,Ran 25 Turkey out of one of them by the cabin,Probably won't be much left in it ,if I don't keep them out. >:( Plan on shooting
the course this evening or first thing in the morning and then have about 5 ladder stand to check and tighten,I think that's about it.The white oaks are scattered this year, but did find a couple more full yesterday so Need to keep an eye on that,may warrant another stand or 2 ;) :).Just have to see.
Hope yall have a good one also.  Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #3577 on: September 11, 2009, 07:48:12 am »
Pappy, hadn't been on PA in awhile, but think of you all often. And I always know you guys are in the "shop" working on something fun!!!! I cked out back pages and posted on tg when your stepdad passed. Sure sorry for the pain that causes. But you're amongst friends!!! The bows you, GregB and Anthony made are really super, the pic of the three of you is fine!!!! Hope they go thru the whole season with blood on them. Jesse turned out a beautiful knife there and isn't that girlfriend a pretty girl. I believe Jesse's caught!! Ya'll have to stop picking on him about the glasses, we are all wearing them, Pappy you have several prs on all the time!!! Well, what do you know a picture of GregB eating!!!How did that get in there. You all have a great next two weekends.
I went to Albany, Ga end of Aug to BigJim's shoot and did alright for a littleTNGIRL!!!!! Did ya'll proud I think!! I posted pictures on gon.com trad site of the weekend. the Olde Fartes make me shoot from the men's stake and that really helps me out!!!You'll see if he ever posts scores on gon.com!!! tell Miss Joanie I love her and you are correct kind sir....Life is Good!!!    Tomi   ;D ;D(Mrs. Cheapshot)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3578 on: September 11, 2009, 08:11:00 am »
Hi Tomi, I really enjoyed reading your reply. Thanks for your kind comments about our snake bows, we really enjoyed the venture and all the more being shared with great friends! ;) We have a lot of fun with Jesse, and he takes it really well...he has an easy-going stay on an even keel type of personality that we all like. Pappy had been giving me a break on the eating pics until this past weekend when he decided to revive the eating label I've been tagged with! ;D Have you ever seen any of his plates FULL of food? ;) By the way, I can't hold a candle with Jesse in the eating department...but he burns all his calories off while mine tend to visit for a while like some uninvited guest! ;D

I wish you bright days, a fall season with trees of color, and straight shooting arrows! :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:14:25 am by GregB »
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline sonny

« Reply #3579 on: September 11, 2009, 08:05:26 pm »
I wish you bright days, a fall season with trees of color, and straight shooting arrows! :)

well Greg that's right darned poetic......brings to mind my favorite time of year...............I like it !!!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Otis

« Reply #3580 on: September 12, 2009, 10:04:41 pm »
If you are not at Twin Oaks tonight you have missed a great day just like I have. I just got off the phone a while ago with King Ron and anothe member and they have had the biggest turn out at their fall classic shoot than they have ever had and where getting ready to eat when I talked to the boys.  I am really wishing I was down there. They do know how to put on a shoot and feed. I was told they wish they had some stuffed peppers. So, they do think of me sometimes.   :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3581 on: September 14, 2009, 05:32:21 am »
It was a great weekend ,we had 38 teams of 3 with a few singles left over,the best Classic we had
before was 33 teams,seemed everyone wanted to tune up for the season this year. Of course we had a great meal and fellowship Sat. night.Lots of the families were there that we don't get to see much and some guests showed up to boot.Done some bow work and napping went on.Had fun on the course,I shot like I had NEVER shot a bow in my life and really let the team down but I will try and do better opening weekend. :) Wished it wasn't so far for some of yall and you could have been there.Here are some pictures of the day. :) Jesse getting warmed up.JohnT's new mocs.
and just hanging out. Lots of kids showed up to shoot with there dads also.Got to love that. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3582 on: September 14, 2009, 05:38:06 am »
The arrows were from one of the scouts Dad's that was there back in the summer to build a bow.
If we didn't hook them all I think we got one.I helped him get some ready to practice and 6 ready to hunt. I also cut a red bud tree,always wanted a bow out of one of them. :) Greg got Tom's bow straightened and I worked on my bone tool set,it's coming along pretty good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3583 on: September 14, 2009, 05:51:44 am »
Little napping and more kids, and some fun on the range.Beau shot pretty good for not shooting in a year, :)Greg shot fair and I stunk it up. :) But it was fun shooting with the boy again. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3584 on: September 14, 2009, 05:57:44 am »
More range fun,the last shot on the course was pretty good, That's the way to finish. ;) :) BigA's
great looking family and Jesse making a Dagger,I will post a picture of it finished here,but more on the napping forum.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good