Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671182 times)

Tommy and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline FlintWalker

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3660 on: September 25, 2009, 05:36:17 pm »
Won't be long and I'll get to sit by the fire with ya'll again :)
 I just hope it don't rain every day I'm there.  I'm bringin a piece of wood and my knappin bucket just in case. ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3661 on: September 28, 2009, 02:55:31 pm »
Where is Pappy today?
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline BearG

« Reply #3662 on: September 28, 2009, 02:58:24 pm »
Man hope you guyes did good.  Cant wait to see some pics.  I get to start this weekend and cant wait.  Hope to see some of the bucks I saw on 9/11 not a bad one in the group saw about 15 in the feild.  only saw 3 doe all weekend though ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3663 on: September 29, 2009, 05:46:48 am »
Had a great weekend,no deer shot but seen a few.The weather wasn't great but felt good been
out in the woods anyway.Had a couple of close encounters but just didn't come together.We had the Deer Classic going on so we ate good.We shinned,boned and ate 3 complete deer this weekend. Greg and I got Tom's bow finished,tips,handle and string just didn't get time to shoot it
so it will be next week before I send it on. I also put some handles on a couple of blades Jesse made. Gathered some sinew and had a couple of deer gave to me,can't figure that out but some folks just want to shoot them and won't eat um. That's OK with me. ;) ;D :)Here are some pictures of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. :) Also my set up for the year.Hope I don't run out of arrows. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3664 on: September 29, 2009, 05:49:50 am »
Another knife,my girls wanting a ride and some of our kids enjoying the event. :) o ya back
strap for supper. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3665 on: September 29, 2009, 05:54:56 am »
Beau and Greg making plans for Sat. morning, ;) :) Our score board for the Deer Classic,some of the guys after Sat. morning hunt and more deer in the crock pot for Sat. night.Terry cutting up a doe,we ate all of that Sat. thought the day and Sat. night. :) And Greg with Tom's bow ,first brace after heat treating and flipping the tips.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3666 on: September 29, 2009, 05:58:59 am »
Sat. Morning and night,some had some luck. We checked in 16 over the weekend. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3667 on: September 29, 2009, 06:03:37 am »
More deer,the wheel boy put us Trad/primitive guys to shame this weekend. :'( But the
season has just started,the good thing is a lot don't want the meat and they sure don't want the
sinew,bones and hides. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3668 on: September 29, 2009, 06:06:12 am »
Jesse won his own Knife with the overall top score in Trd. and start own sinew collection for the year.Hope yall had a good one.I sure did. Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3669 on: September 29, 2009, 07:47:17 am »
I enjoyed time in the woods over the weekend, and time with friends. I had a friend of the family pass away with cancer Friday afternoon, so I spent Sunday evening and Monday at the funeral home and cemetary. He was a Korean and Vietnam war veteran and master parachutist, and had spent time both in the 82nd and 101st Airborne.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3670 on: September 29, 2009, 07:56:11 am »
Looks like a Good Turnout and a great Weekend pappy.....Yeah....I don't understand People that just want to Kill and not eat what the Kill either Pappy.... I don't Hunt anything I don't enjoy eating....but that is Just the way I was Brought Up! Anyways....thats more Meat for the Twin Oaks Bunch....and more for this Springs Classic........ :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3671 on: September 29, 2009, 11:49:49 am »
Ya we eat a lot of deer,3 this weekend alone.I have 1 left in the cooler to skin out ,so thats
a start for next year. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #3672 on: September 29, 2009, 07:19:13 pm »
Pappy, looks like a great weekend!  I think peppers would have made the meal with all that venison. Wish I could have been there to supply them.  Only a little over a month til I get to enjoy the Good Life. Can't wait to get down there and get to work on my bow. See ya!
                                     David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3673 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:53 pm »
  Man, you guy's can sure put 'em down. We weren't that fortunate, too hot to even go out in the afternoon. Hope the two fronts will knock some of this heat and humidity down.

Dave, I'll give you a call. Just got your message but dealing with a new Granddaughter at the moment.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3674 on: September 29, 2009, 10:11:53 pm »
Good times! Wish i was there....sigh...work sending me to Kentucky next week...maybe i can get an extra day and swing by... where the heck is DryRidge Ky. anyway???.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....