Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670984 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3885 on: November 30, 2009, 07:46:52 am »
Looks like fun Pappy. I had a big time rabbit hunting with the boys only killed a couple of bunnies but had a ball romping around in the briars and bushes. Those beagles are some determined little hunters.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3886 on: November 30, 2009, 08:27:31 am »
Yes they are Cracker,haven't hunted with Beagles in a while but the last time was FUN.
Mike that gun is for stray dogs and varmints, I think that is a 50 round clip,I have some 20's and 30's also. It had got to where it wouldn't eject the shell ,so Jesse said he could fix it for me.He has worked on a few. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3887 on: November 30, 2009, 09:13:57 am »
yep you had a good weekend. yall gona have alot of deer hides, and good food.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #3888 on: November 30, 2009, 05:45:48 pm »
Hey Greg sorry to hear about your father  we will be in prayer for you all and hope the rest of the hollidays go well !(life is good in nw Ohio too see ya !!!)
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Otis

« Reply #3889 on: November 30, 2009, 06:24:00 pm »
Looks like Life was Good again this weekend. Congrats on the doe GregB! I wish I could see a doe. I can only shoot does with our one buck rule we have and since I shot the eight pointer opening morning of firearms season all I'm seeing is bucks. Good ones to boot. Funny, they have all been bigger than the one I shot. I don't mind cause I'm basically a meat hunter any way. I didn't hunt Saturday evening or yesterday at all because I was finishing up "Lotta Help" It's done!  I'm gonna take some pictures and post them one the bow thread in the next couple of days. Again Pappy, GregB, and BigA thanks! I'm going to try and get some meat with it this late bow season.
                                                                                             David

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3890 on: November 30, 2009, 11:21:43 pm »
This is my Vermin and Coyote Killer....just got a puny 75 round clip for it....... ;D......Ya think it will do the Trick........ ::) May even try it on Hogs this Winter too... What do you think Jesse....will it do???

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3891 on: November 30, 2009, 11:28:46 pm »
nice AK there El D!  Looks like that drum clip should get the job done, especially with your marksman ship, all 75 rounds in one hole the size of a dime!   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #3892 on: November 30, 2009, 11:31:14 pm »
I only wish I was as good with a Rifle as I am with a 1911 Colt!! Been shooting semi auto Handguns since I was 4.... my Dad was bound and determined to make a Marksman out of me...and I didn't let Him down too bad!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3893 on: December 01, 2009, 05:59:11 am »
Ya that should do it Mike,cool gun. I ant much of a gun shot ,but I like having them around
anyway. :) :) Good looking bow Dave,congrats on that one and good luck on meeting up with a big fat doe. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3894 on: December 01, 2009, 07:54:23 am »
Good luck on the doe hunting Dave...by the way I've got your knife/sheath done other then putting an edge on it. You might pm me your address and when I finish (hopefully before Christmas), I'll send it to you so you don't have to wait until May.  ;)

Mike, if you go by the "one shot, one kill" theory...ought to be 75 dead critters per loading! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #3895 on: December 01, 2009, 08:56:30 pm »
                                                            ;)            :P             >:D

Three Deer and counting........ still have a month and a half....... 8)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3896 on: December 02, 2009, 05:58:13 am »
Wished I could make myself break out the gun,but just can't bring myself to do it. I usually
get enough to fill the freezer with my bow,but it is really tough this time of year and especially
this year,been real sloe.They say the deer kill this year in TN. is down 33% as of last weekend
so it is slow everywhere in TN.Seems to be plenty of deer sign and sightings at night,just ant moving much during the day.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3897 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:52 am »
Pappy:  Want to thank you for this site!  Look forward to looking at it each day and last year's classic is a wonderful memory for me.  We are planning on attending again this year if every thing goes right!  Will stop in Nebraska to scare a couple of turkeys and then on to your place.  I am working on several dugout canoes (what I call all my projects) for some of the fellows that were so good to me last year!  Hope they all will be there!  Hawk could not find his broken bow, but he has another one that might work to make a take down with.  It is the same style and dimensions, but different wood!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #3898 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:05 am »
Greg sorry to hear about your father in law.  Thats some bad stuff I think thats what finally got my mom.
Pappy I haven't heard but my guess would be that Indiana's kill would be down as well,  But then again it could be the deer pickin out the 330 lbs. clump of leaves that just apeared in the tree? ;D
I'm Going to take my Uncle up on his offer to hunt at his 11 arcer place this weekend here in Ohio his wife showed me 2 really nice big bucks she took pics of out the dining room window.  First time hunting here in Ohio so maybe a change will be good.  First year in Indiana I,ve been skunked that $300.00 down the drain :( 
Me and Bro. Dan are talking about coming down and see you guyes soon  Will let you know.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3899 on: December 02, 2009, 01:23:39 pm »
Come on down. I am glad you enjoy it Joe,Miss Joanie is talking serious about coming out to visit you sometime this coming year,she loved it out there,I knew she would once I got her out there .
Can't wait till May it is always great seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones at the Classic. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good