Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670230 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4065 on: January 19, 2010, 02:53:20 pm »
Hedg its , Iron Wood also known as Hophornbeam.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #4066 on: January 19, 2010, 03:02:11 pm »
Leapingbare,  duh for the life of me I could not think of a wood other than Ipe that started with an "I".  haha
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4067 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:32 am »
That was a cool picture of the arrow in flight, Pappy the wife and I are coming to the classic this year. Can't wait to see everyone again, should I put you down for a jug of my fresh salsa like  I brought last year?
VB

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4068 on: January 20, 2010, 06:36:55 am »
You bet Mark,I hope she will give you time to do a little cooking for us also. ;) ;D ;D
Looking forward to meeting her and seeing you again.Folks still talk about the grilled
cabage.YUM ,YUM . :) :) and the roast and the loin and ,and, and, the list goes on. :) :)
Got a package yesterday from Joe with 2 broken bow,1 with the top limb broke and the other with the bottom,I am going to try and put them together with a sleeve,I think it will work out fine.
Now I have several projects for the weekend,Hides,broken bows and try and finely finish
my Yew bow.O ya and a youth day,archery,wild game supper at a local Church Sat evening.
Man there just ant enough time in a weekend. :) I have to go back to work just to get some
rest. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4069 on: January 20, 2010, 07:53:05 am »
What the heck Mark no one ever wants to ride with me to Tennesse more than once ???
First Jesse abandons me now Mark and then ya both bring your wives, man I must be a bad influence or something :o :P

Guess I need to find a new vict err passenger eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #4070 on: January 20, 2010, 01:02:21 pm »
Dana aint it time you brought mama and let us meet her?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4071 on: January 20, 2010, 01:04:33 pm »
Cause there is no where to ride back except the roof and even then they have to hang onto a stack of staves.  ;) ;D ;D ;D Maybe you ought to bring a trailer,I mean a BIG trailer. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4072 on: January 20, 2010, 01:12:26 pm »
Dana I guess there are just some things even Pappy won't let you live down. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4073 on: January 20, 2010, 01:17:36 pm »
Thats a flat out lie that they have to ride on the roof, I leave them room to sit might have a bucket of rocks or something on their lap
but at least their out of the weather :-*

As for bringing the wife who knows if I can afford it this year maybe I will bring her. I love her dearly but I would rather not bring her.

Hope she don't see this or I will be in a body cast :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline BearG

« Reply #4074 on: January 20, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »
Dana you can slide thru Cincinnati and ride with me.  For some unknown reason I like you.  Maybe because your a wood wh*** or a beer wh***, but for what ever reason I like you. ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4075 on: January 20, 2010, 05:55:41 pm »
I'm sorry Dana, I didn't think you were going this year, and for the record everyone Dana is great to travel with,however the wife told me if I was going on a vacation this year that she was going with, so I told her she'd have to go to Tenn. cause that's where I wanted to go, and with her not working we can't afford two vacations.
I'd be glad to cook for all  you guys again, I never felt more appreciated than while I was there last year. That cabbage was good, but you can thank Dana for that, he was getting pretty bound up on all the meat we were eating and he suggested we get some veggies. King Ron came through on the cabbage.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4076 on: January 20, 2010, 06:04:20 pm »
Mark I'm not sure if I am going or not, playing it by ear at this point, and ya da cabbage was my idear an all meat diet does funny
things to ones system :P

Bear I might just take ya up on that offer and glad to hear at least one person likes me eh 8)

Manistique, MI

Manager

« Reply #4077 on: January 21, 2010, 12:38:10 am »

How on God's green earth did I miss fresh salsa??  where was I ?????

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4078 on: January 21, 2010, 03:48:04 am »
Sarah ...I missed it too....and I was there on Tuesday night...the week before the Classic started.....I even missed the Fried Cabbage.....
                                                                                   >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4079 on: January 21, 2010, 05:08:16 am »

How on God's green earth did I miss fresh salsa??  where was I ?????

We ate it all before friday :-[ :-*

Manistique, MI