Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669677 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4155 on: February 01, 2010, 05:44:06 am »
Just hanging out,Supper, and my hunting set up for Sat. morning,cool quiver,Thanks Joe. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4156 on: February 01, 2010, 05:47:43 am »
Working on Joe's grip,getting ready to go out hunting Sat. morning,now that was cool.It may not be that much fun for yall that have it all the time but for us TN. Boys it was cool. ;) :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4157 on: February 01, 2010, 05:49:16 am »
Pappy:  Really feel guilty that you have had to spend so much time on those broken bows but you made them look beautiful!  Time is getting short for the Classic and I can't wait to get down there and shoot it!  Would love to stick a turkey with it!  Have been working on projects for the Classic and feeding 20 head of deer twice a day.  Been taking some long walks in the snow to train my young dog, Lucy, that Mike and Stacey Huston gave me.  Have to admit she has more energy than I can keep up with.  Thanks for all your work on the bows!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4158 on: February 01, 2010, 05:52:17 am »
Even the girls had a good time. No rabbits but 2 squirrels,1 with Woody's Henry and one with Jimmys bow,Jimmy couldn't hit a stump ;) but put something with hair on it in front of him ,it better
look out.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4159 on: February 01, 2010, 05:58:16 am »
Good morning Joe,that ant a problem,I have enjoyed it. I will get it to you before the Classic,
probably in the next couple of weeks.
Hanna had some pretty good luck hunting also. :)Bo Bo got plum wore out,Jimmy had to ride him
back. :) Them squirrels were some pretty good eating also. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4160 on: February 01, 2010, 06:02:12 am »
Up at 2 oclock to read Pappy's Good Life and see all the pictures.  Never thought You would actually hunt with that quiver.  It looks good on you and hope it has brought you some good medicine!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4161 on: February 01, 2010, 06:02:30 am »
Abby's feet got cold,Woody gave her some good socks,Jesse cutting and mounting his Hoe and me doing a little straightening on Jimmy's Hackberry stave.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4162 on: February 01, 2010, 06:09:34 am »
I love that quiver,It come out on special occasions. :) Jesse soaking some raw hide in hide glue to
tie the hoe on,Jimmy's hackberry after the form ,a few friends came down to sled off the hill and
then me just chilling around the fire after a long day.Went to bed early Sat. night. ;) :)
Life is good.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4163 on: February 01, 2010, 08:54:42 am »
Hey Pappy it don't get much better than that If it wasn't so early I'd have a good cold miller light and celebrate.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4164 on: February 01, 2010, 11:06:30 am »
Hey pap that fire looks a little weak in the last photo, ya might want to through another log on next time.  ;)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4165 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:24 am »
Looks like ya all had fun in the snow pappy :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline BearG

« Reply #4166 on: February 01, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »
Sure looks like you guyes had a blast.  Me Dawn and some friends spent the weekend downtown at a Beerfest.  Some guy tried to mug us big mistake for him. I had to get midevil on his a**.  But over than that had a great time.  But looks like you guyes had a far better time.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4167 on: February 01, 2010, 05:18:17 pm »
Shoot guys, I always enjoy this thread every monday but these pictures really made me wish I could have been there.  Seeing snow like that does make me miss wandering around in the woods when it was still fresh.  Reminds me of being a kid.  I can't believe it's been about five years since I've seen the white stuff!  Time flies, and I miss cross country skiing!
1’—>1’

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #4168 on: February 01, 2010, 08:37:13 pm »
Looks like I missed another fine one.  I also miss that first Crock Pot stew you made...I've had that before...Mmmmmm  Mmmmm ;D
 If all goes well, I'll be down next weekend.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #4169 on: February 01, 2010, 09:43:31 pm »
  BearG, Beerfest, Where at and why didn't you call me.  Pappy, that is a good looking quiver. Woody, good job on the gun case and Jessie, that hoe you made is really neat, did you get to use it yet, howed it do. See you soon.    Brother Dan    P.S.  Ranger B, glad your home.
Cleves, Ohio