Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671320 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4185 on: February 04, 2010, 12:40:21 am »
Dana, my wife said your mean for doing that to your dog
personally i like,it goes well with heis eyes  ;D :D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4186 on: February 04, 2010, 06:13:58 am »
Nice hat Dana. That Bo is looking good.Bear I haven't found one yet,going to have to be a special man for my girl. ;) ;D and Jesse has to approve also. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Nashoba

« Reply #4187 on: February 04, 2010, 04:35:32 pm »
what type of snakes are the two long ones at the top?

Offline BearG

« Reply #4188 on: February 04, 2010, 10:18:52 pm »
Nice hat Dana. That Bo is looking good.Bear I haven't found one yet,going to have to be a special man for my girl. ;) ;D and Jesse has to approve also. ;D
   Pappy
now you know Jesse wpuld get to jealous to ever let his girl  have a boy friend
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4189 on: February 05, 2010, 06:27:59 am »
Friday again,I love it.Headed to the cabin when I get out of here and can't wait.I don't have any big plans or who will show up but I still can't wait.It has been a long week here at work so some time away really helps me unwind.I hope yall have a good one and I will fill you in on the weekend Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4190 on: February 05, 2010, 07:35:57 am »
Have a great weekend Pappy.  Looks like all we are going to be able to do is watch it snow.  Calling for 18-24 inches here starting this morning through Saturday night.  Going to be a good one.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4191 on: February 08, 2010, 07:16:37 am »
Kind of quite but a great weekend none the less,I got a lot done.I finished with the rawhide on my yew bow,I don't like the way it turned out so I plan on putting some skins on it,got to order them,I am out of good pairs so it will be another week or 2 before I get it finished. :( :( I did shoot it some and I think I am really going to like it.I also laid out another Osage to start on and a pair of snake billets Shanon gave me.I was going to splice them but don't think I have enough wood to do it right so I plane on a takedown sleeve.Mike Yancy will be happy this week with all the stuff I need. ;) ;D ;D
We also got started on the Hickory for the Classic,Jeremiah showed up again and wants to build a bow ,so we got him hooked up and he is well on his way.Good eating,good friends and wood scrapping,can't beat that.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4192 on: February 08, 2010, 07:22:00 am »
Deer Chile, Don, one of our old members has decided to tie the knot,they came down to tell us the good news,good luck to yall. ;) :) Woody Finely got his case finished,the horn buttons turned out nice. Also my snaky billets,Osage laid out and my yew Rawhide drying around the fire.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4193 on: February 08, 2010, 07:27:52 am »
My Osage on the form,Also Jeremiah wants to build a bow,We were going to hook him up with a blank but he wanted to start from scratch,so he is getting to do it all but falling the tree,We will get him on that when we cut again.GregB showed up and was giving out some good advice.Glad to see him back.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4194 on: February 08, 2010, 07:35:49 am »
He got to split it,lay it out,work it down to floor tiller and put it on the form for the first time.
He seems to be a quick learner,hope he stays with it.He went home with a stave ready to cut nocks and start tillering,He is planning on that this weekend.Also a buddy brought this Indian statue that his little one had broke the base.He was throwing it away.I took it and trimmed and smoothed the bottom and added it to the cabin,I thought it was pretty cool and fits right in. That's about it for my weekend hope yours was great also. :)Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4195 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:13 am »
WAY TO GO DON DON!!! I am very happy for them..
Mililani Hawaii

Offline cracker

« Reply #4196 on: February 08, 2010, 10:32:47 am »
Hi Pappy Looks like another good weekend. You guys sure got it made up there. Look forward to seeing you in April. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Jeremiah

« Reply #4197 on: February 08, 2010, 10:34:14 am »
Ahhh man there's a good lookin bow to be.lol Can't wait to work on it some more this Saturday. Thanks to Pappy, GregB and everyone else for all the help and advice.
I got a question kinda off topic- I need some elastic bands and some metal hooks to put in the arm guard I made...Anyone know where I can pick some up??

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4198 on: February 08, 2010, 11:06:28 am »
Another fantastic weekend.  The Indian statue looks like me forty years ago!  ;D ;D  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4199 on: February 08, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »
Ya it was great,Jeremiah I think you can get it from 3 rivers,they are a sponcer here or I will show you some this weekend that just have holes ,antler buttons and leather lace,that is what I use most of the time. :) Looking forward to it Ron. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good