Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670921 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4260 on: February 22, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »
  David, Buy your honey a plane ticket and tell her to meet you there. You might as well get started laying the law down, now. ;D ;) Gayle, will love it. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4261 on: February 22, 2010, 09:11:54 pm »
Laying the Law Down.....Yeah.Right......... ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4262 on: February 23, 2010, 06:48:53 am »
Right Eddie you have to start training them young. :) That is what I figured you was doing Keenan,
you could send it to me tho,I don't mind.What ever suites you. :) Tiller wished you could make it,the cabin just won't smell the same. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #4263 on: February 23, 2010, 12:20:28 pm »
Mark what weekend in March is your shoot?  I told Dawn for my birthday gift I wanted a trip to Pappy's  And she said go for it.  And will there be room in the cabin that weekend?   ;D ;D ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4264 on: February 23, 2010, 12:30:17 pm »
 David, who said that I had plans to come back home?  I have a one way plane ticket and I figured if Pappy helped build my shelter (and he has) (tipi poles) that I could stay as long as I wanted. ;D Always thought it would be nice to find someone to let me pitch my tipi nd live on the ranch >:D  I hear the retirement program is great and from the brochures that I've seen it looks like the food is fantastic. They bring friends by to visit on the weekends and they have a never ending supply of bow wood. ;D You can even run around in a Scottish skirt if you get a mind to.  :D :D  However I've heard rumor that you want to stay away from the spring water. ::) guess they use it to clean the pipes or something ::)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4265 on: February 23, 2010, 12:42:01 pm »
David, who said that I had plans to come back home?  I have a one way plane ticket and I figured if Pappy helped build my shelter (and he has) (tipi poles) that I could stay as long as I wanted. ;D Always thought it would be nice to find someone to let me pitch my tipi nd live on the ranch >:D  I hear the retirement program is great and from the brochures that I've seen it looks like the food is fantastic. They bring friends by to visit on the weekends and they have a never ending supply of bow wood. ;D You can even run around in a Scottish skirt if you get a mind to.  :D :D  However I've heard rumor that you want to stay away from the spring water. ::) guess they use it to clean the pipes or something ::)
;D LOL Twin Oaks Retirement?  Sounds great to me too sign me up!   ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4266 on: February 23, 2010, 12:45:58 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D  Ya Keenan it is use for every thing from fire building to wiping down bow wood and snake bites,all round good product. ;) ;D   Bear the March shoot is 20th and 21st. Come on down ,there will be room,I will be sure and save you a spot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4267 on: February 23, 2010, 01:05:15 pm »
...and Keenan, that spring water will definitely clean out your pipes!!!  :o  ...I've heard!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4268 on: February 23, 2010, 01:28:44 pm »
It even made one feller eat bugs-not mentioning any names or anything, though.

EDDIE

;D ;D  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:32:42 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4269 on: February 23, 2010, 01:36:08 pm »
It even made one feller eat bugs-not mentioning any names or anything, though.

EDDIE

;D ;D  ;D ;D

:D :D :D :D  Now thats funny,, just about blow breakfast through the nose on that one. ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4270 on: February 23, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »
 Are you talking about me, Steve? ??? Ya'll were torturing that poor thing. :D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #4271 on: February 24, 2010, 03:22:05 am »
Jeesh! Eddie, your really trying to get me in trouble arnt ya!!!

I'm going to try to get her to the Classic next year. This year it would be tough to fly out with all the travel back and forth to CA I am doing.

Retirement home at Twin Oaks! Yep, put me on the list!  I'll bring the soap for clean up after the big shindigs!!!!  ;D

Nope! Wont smell the same without me there! Nope, just not the same!!! LOL!!!

Who needs bug spray after ya feed Eddie some spring water! He gets a real taste for them things!!!  :o

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4272 on: February 24, 2010, 06:45:19 am »
Pappy, I should be back by then. My boss won't let me stay down here that long, I hope. I'll have to see when I get back if it'll be for the weekend or week. Look's like I'm on the same time link with you now. Except I'm 3 hours ahead of ya' now. The suns been up here for 1 1/2 hours. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4273 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:54 am »
Cool,I was hoping you would be there when he was,it really don't matter,he knows how
to hunt and I can show him the lines pretty quick.Ya it's 2 hours till sun rise here.  :) I am
sure Jesse will probably be there also if Tim can keep him from crawling into his set up. :) :)I think Dave is coming down opening weekend,ant sure yet but I think he will. I ant for sure when it opens but I think it is the last weekend of March. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #4274 on: February 24, 2010, 07:25:26 am »
Pappy, season opens April 3. I plan on being there on the second if that's all right with you. I talked to Chris late last week and we were going to hunt opening day together like we have the past few years. If someone needs guide though I'll be glad to help, you know that. If they are as easy to guide as Mullet it'll be cake. Just throw em out of the truck when the turkeys are spotted and watch em go into kill mode. Can't wait to get down there. I'd like to start another bow if we have the time. If not no big deal.                                                             David