Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670992 times)

Offline Timo

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4350 on: March 15, 2010, 08:59:24 am »
Tim said it might be some kind of high bread or mix.

High bread....LOL Pappy. Not sure about that one,but Since it split so easy, and has that big heart wood size, it has to have some other wood inbred into it.interesting, be nice to whittled on that one to see how it works out.

Again looks like a good weekend. I just love  Shannon's play by play phone conversations. ;D

Offline RG

« Reply #4351 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:02 am »
Shannon and I had a good time Sunday morning we sealed some logs and shot the practice range I think we both
decided we need to shoot the practice range more often

Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4352 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:40 am »
Wasn't sure how to word it Tim. ;) ;D ;D The last ones didn't split that bad either,not like any elm I have tried before,It was funny after we split the first one and it split so easy we thought that wasn't near hard enough,lets go get some more. :) :) It was a little tougher but not bad at all.Of course I was mostly watching. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #4353 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:30 am »
Hey Pappy yall still have way to much fun!! Tell Gary that Guy from Ohio says Hi! keep us all posted on the project bet it will be a good time! See ya !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4354 on: March 15, 2010, 11:32:09 am »
Looks like a great time.  My winged elm was pretty tough to split, it was smaller diameter and didn't have such prominently red heartwood as yours.  The sapwood was a little thinner so I got to keep some heartwood in the handle.  Just used my winged elm bow in a 3D shoot in AL this weekend, it did very well even though I didn't LOL.  ;)   Life is good! 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline BearG

« Reply #4355 on: March 15, 2010, 12:37:22 pm »
4 Days  YEA ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #4356 on: March 15, 2010, 08:35:26 pm »
Two weeks and four days, but who's counting. Looks like a grand time was had by all. Can't wait!!! I'm with you El D, wishing I lived closer. Gotta hate guys like Shannon (just kidding). Jealous or envious is more like it. Have a great time BearG! I know you will.
                                                                                               David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4357 on: March 15, 2010, 08:49:46 pm »
 18 days for me. If it works out right I hope to fly into Nashville Friday, the 2nd. And I think I got it worked out I won't have to fly to Raleigh, NC as soon as I get home.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #4358 on: March 15, 2010, 09:18:36 pm »
It occured to me over the weekend that the TN opener was on Easter weekend :o   DOn't look like I'll be getting down there to hunt with ya'll that weekend.   Me and the little boy have eggs to find ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4359 on: March 15, 2010, 10:00:00 pm »
 I thought you new, Shannon, My youngest is in Lakeland now. Just got back from Iraq a week or so ago. He ain't into hiding Easter egg's so I got the Green lite unless my boss throws a wrench into the mess.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #4360 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:02 pm »
Your youngest ain't 3 years old ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline sodbuster

Thanks to Pappy!
« Reply #4361 on: March 16, 2010, 12:20:51 am »

Pappy, I can't say thanks enough for the bow - I am still tickled to the bone! The rain needs to be gone so I can get some real practice shooting in! See You Soon!!  Arlie

Offline BearG

« Reply #4362 on: March 16, 2010, 11:22:26 am »
Two weeks and four days, but who's counting. Looks like a grand time was had by all. Can't wait!!! I'm with you El D, wishing I lived closer. Gotta hate guys like Shannon (just kidding). Jealous or envious is more like it. Have a great time BearG! I know you will.
                                                                                               David
to quote the Yopper You Bet ya
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4363 on: March 16, 2010, 09:07:00 pm »
                                           You Betcha....Ey...... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4364 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:17 pm »
 El D, he was quoting a Yopper, not a Yooper. ;D
Lakeland, Florida