Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671193 times)

Tommy and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4665 on: April 25, 2010, 09:52:10 am »
Well, I guess the week has kinda begun since a few folks are beginning to show up at Twin Oaks. Bear pulled in as I was leaving and campers are already occupied. We had a pretty strong storm yesterday. I got up at 4:30 hoping to get a couple of hours of turkey hunting in without getting struck by lightening. I watched it pass in my truck and once it was safe I eased out to my spot. At 5:50 it was still fairly dark and I caught movement emerging from the woods to my left. A big coyote walked right out in front of me so I turned a turkey hunt into a Yote hunt. Big female!  I loaded her up and headed to Pappy's to skin her out. They were in a meeting when I got there. They concluded that most of the work is complete - they are ready for the Classic.

Sadie barks bad for those who know here (one of Pappy's dogs) so he got a collar that will shock her when she barks. About 6 guys fiddled with it, trying to make sure it was working. We managed to shock each other before figuring out how to use it right but eventually got it to work. Sadie did NOT like it. She ran into the shed, climbed into a chair and put on the saddest face I have ever seen. Below is a picture of her pouting. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4666 on: April 25, 2010, 09:57:50 am »
Good shooting Jimmy. The female yotes are the ones to shoot. I've heard if the alpha male is killed the pack goes into a breeding frenzy to produce another alpha dog.
  Poor Sadie. She does look sad. Hopefully she is a quick learner.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4667 on: April 25, 2010, 10:55:53 am »
Dang nice yote Jimmy and ya Sadie looks put on bad, if she could I bet her bottom lip would be sticking out :D
See ya next week eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #4668 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:08 pm »
Wow, cool yote!

Sadie looks so put out! She looks like a lady betrayed there.  :-\

Keep the pictures coming!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4669 on: April 26, 2010, 12:07:44 am »
  Nice yote, Jimmy. Poor, Sadie . Let's try it on a Yooper, when they get there. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4670 on: April 26, 2010, 09:12:17 am »
I don't think we've ever been this far along in preparations as we are this year. Sunday was mostly just visiting and asking ourselves if we've forgotten anything. All we're lacking at this point are all the great folks that come and make this event what it has turned into over the past few years! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4671 on: April 26, 2010, 09:52:57 am »
  Nice yote, Jimmy. Poor, Sadie . Let's try it on a Yooper, when they get there. ;D

Sounds like a plan eddie you hold El D down and I'll strap it on him >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #4672 on: April 26, 2010, 01:18:04 pm »
Get collars for all them Yoopers! Zapping Yoopers....SOOOO much fun!  >:D Wish I could be there to see it.  :'(  ;D ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4673 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »
Get collars for all them Yoopers! Zapping Yoopers....SOOOO much fun!  >:D Wish I could be there to see it.  :'(  ;D ;D ;D

Tiller didn't I make you a Yooper seeing as your family tree leads back to da UP eh ;) ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #4674 on: April 27, 2010, 03:24:09 am »
 :'( :'( :'(  ;D

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #4675 on: April 27, 2010, 12:43:51 pm »
I shot a jake this morning and took it by and gave it to Pappy. I even got a hot country ham biscuit while there. Can't beat that.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4676 on: April 27, 2010, 01:55:15 pm »
Congrats Jimmy!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #4677 on: April 27, 2010, 08:45:23 pm »
I just got back from twin oaks. Everyone is smiling. More folks rolling in. Nice and cool right now - good sleeping weather!!!

Offline BearG

« Reply #4678 on: May 03, 2010, 08:31:09 pm »
BearG back in Cinainnati.  I had a great time and would like to thanks Mark and Jonie for allowing all of us to come donw to there farm and have such a great time.  I also like t thanks King Ron and all the Twin Oaks guys.   And also a big Thanks to David and Cora Knight for such a great class.  Looking forward to shooting and finishing the bow.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4679 on: May 03, 2010, 09:22:40 pm »
 Who got the mug? I thought Kathie got it and she thought I did. If it's at Twin Oaks still and somebody wants to start it off, we should send it to Tiller first. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?