Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670867 times)

paulc and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5205 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:20 am »
Usually this shoot just kills my confidence for the up coming season cause I shoot so bad,but not this year,Beau,Doug and myself shot really good for a change. :) :) Jesse working on a blade and BigA's wife and granddaughter.Don't look like my grand Mother looked. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5206 on: September 13, 2010, 06:22:43 am »
Jesse's knife complete,I also put one together. BigA and sweet little grandbaby.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5207 on: September 13, 2010, 06:26:55 am »
BigA getting the board filled out with all the scores. A bi face Jesse gave to miss Joanie,he's too good to her.Getting ready for the big feed at the bash.man them ladies can cook. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5208 on: September 13, 2010, 06:30:15 am »
Shots of the feed and me and my family. Don't know how they put up with me.  :)   
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5209 on: September 13, 2010, 06:33:52 am »
Jesse and both his girl friends,and finely a couple of shots from above, still have a few more stand to put up but at least I have a start.Hope yall had a good one . Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5210 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:57 am »
Up in the middle of the night to get my weekly fix from Pappy on the Twin Oaks doins and once again reminded of how great a place it is!  Wish I had the confidence in my shooting Pappy was talking about as my Big moose hunt is drawing near.  At least I have great equipment, a James Parker bow, Chris Cade cains and hunting knife, and some coral points I made from Eddie Parker.  Been building a flatbed for the neighbor's Toyota and gathering cows! Lots of black bears this year and some monster white tail bucks in the pasture and even a few moose that the wolves missed.  Its been in the 20s at night and warm in the daytime with lots of wind.  Hawk Huston and Stacey came by as he was home for a few days from his Texas job and we cut some firewood and saw a big black bear!They are my only people to share my lifestyle with and I really have missed them this summer.  So I read everything on the PA site and wait for Monday mornings and Pappy's pictures of his weekends.  Hope all you crazy bow building, hunting, knapping brothers and sisters of the bow are having a great fall.  Thanks Pappy for keeping me grounded!  A/Ho Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5211 on: September 13, 2010, 07:11:16 am »
Good luck on you Hunt Joe,I know you will do fine when the shot presents itself. Glad you enjoy the thread,I said I was going to stop it when people quit looking but seem to get hit a bunch
each week so I guess I will keep it up as long as people enjoy.I am lucky to have family and good friends that enjoy what we do.I feel very blessed.Wished you all was closer.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5212 on: September 13, 2010, 09:38:29 am »
Looks like everyone had a Great Time Pappy....and I can Imagine that You had to break Chris's arm to get Him to do the Course with just one Person...I bet He had to be forced........ ;D

Good Luck Joe on Your Moose Hunt...and keep Us informed

And Pappy...don't you even think about stopping this Thread....it's part of most of Our Weekly Ritual!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5213 on: September 13, 2010, 01:35:01 pm »
Monday would just be oh so Monday with out this thread.
Keep on inspiring us to keep on.
I'm asking God to allow me to blessed enough to be able to do the classic just once in my life ! But do see why He may not . HE has given me way more than I deserve already for Life truly is Good !!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline cracker

« Reply #5214 on: September 13, 2010, 02:04:45 pm »
Hey Pappy if they cant put up with you they're a hard bunch. Wish I lived closer where I could put up with you. Joe look forward to seeing pictures of that big ol bull moose when you lay him low. I know you can do it.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #5215 on: September 13, 2010, 04:02:25 pm »
Monday would just be oh so Monday with out this thread.
Keep on inspiring us to keep on.
I'm asking God to allow me to blessed enough to be able to do the classic just once in my life ! But do see why He may not . HE has given me way more than I deserve already for Life truly is Good !!!
Guy
If you can make it to Cincinnati and don't mind leaving the week before You can ride with me.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5216 on: September 13, 2010, 09:25:09 pm »
Now that sure looked like a fun weekend. Here it was Soap this and Soap that....Yeah! Ya know me Ya know what I mean!!!

Dreaming of wood shavings and flying shafts!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5217 on: September 14, 2010, 01:12:39 am »
Well David, You have a honeymoon coming up!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5218 on: September 14, 2010, 03:24:34 am »
Well David, You have a honeymoon coming up!  ::)

Now thats funny!   :D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5219 on: September 14, 2010, 05:56:13 am »
Yes it was. ;D ;D ;D PatB you are always on top of your game. ;) ;D Got 3 more stands up yesterday,
Planing on sowing the other 3 food plots today and I guess I will be ready. Been a very very busy
Spring and Summer,I got behind on things I wanted to do,but now I have just about caught up and man am I glad,I need to be focused on putting some meat in the freezer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good