Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671219 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5505 on: November 18, 2010, 06:05:13 am »
Would be our pleasure Parnell.  :) Can't wait till Friday,finely got to hunt yesterday,coughing almost gone.Seen 3 had one button at 3 yards but couldn't get a shot,then missed a turkey at about 10 yards,right through the tail feathers,man my shooting sucks this year. O well it was still a great evening. I may just focus on hides,I seem to still be able to do that. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5506 on: November 18, 2010, 10:46:24 am »
Pappy....at least you have ample chances to shoot  a Deer....I have had one....and failed miserably..
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5507 on: November 19, 2010, 06:26:35 am »
Friday, another long week at work,always is when I am playing catch up from being off,but I made it and headed to the cabin when I get out of here today,Plan on hunting and also TwinOaks has a meeting Sat. at noon so I will get to see some of the guys I haven't seen in a while,that is always good :).The big guns come out this weekend in Tennessee so  I guess I will have to listen to that all weekend. :( I may do a little more hide work, the weather is supposed to be beautiful.Jesse and me have 3 or 4 more hides in the freezer so we need to get on that. :)
Who knows might get another one or 2 before it's over :).Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5508 on: November 19, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »
Good luck Mark!!
Kill a 7 pointer would ya
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5509 on: November 19, 2010, 02:06:47 pm »
Hope you get a big un don't think just shoot.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5510 on: November 22, 2010, 06:04:41 am »
Great weekend,No deer for me but some nice ones hit the ground this weekend. We had a good meeting and voted in 3 new members,fresh blood. ;) ;D Got the place ready for winter.Lots of napping and arrow work going on,but mostly yard and roof work. Hope ya ll had a good one. :)
Big A decided to learn how to nap,not many places better to learn. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5511 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:07 am »
Lot of leafe blowing and burning and gutter work,Keith killed another nice one 10 point 149 lbs.
At least some of us hunted. ;) :) :) And of course supper.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5512 on: November 22, 2010, 06:15:08 am »
Miss Allison,the clubs girl friend was there most of the day and even tho she didn't get a blade made this time she did leave with a knife.Also I got a new rock cooking oven, It went under water at my shop in the flood,we got a new one and after a little clean up I got this one for the boys at the Club.  :) I think it will work great,it is really a gear oven but will go to about 750 so should cook rock just fine. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5513 on: November 22, 2010, 06:36:32 am »
Big A was still at it up into the night,Time can sure get away from you when you are napping.
GregB also stopped by in between Dating ;) ;D ;D to visit and hunt some Tree rats,he got several in short order.I think himand his girl friend was having Squirrel brains for supper. :) ;) Also Jesse
is making a up a nice set of arrows for someone I won't mention,I feel sure they will be happy. :) :) Thats about it for this week,so much going on I forgot to take pictures,Big A did kill another deer,a spike he skinned and fleshed the hides,Woody also got 2 deer,a button and 7 point,he also saved the hides ,so we should be busy this winter,we need to build some more racks. ;) ??? New member are Jon Price ,Woody and Darrell,Ya will like all of them if you don't already know them you will get to meet them this year at the Classic.Hope yall had as much fun as I did.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5514 on: November 22, 2010, 06:53:13 am »
Pappy:  Sent you an email and hope you get it as my confuser has another virus.  Sure wish I lived around there just so I could maybe become a member of the club.  Those fellows are some very lucky guys.  That is a nice buck and that arrowhead is awsome.  A/Ho Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #5515 on: November 22, 2010, 10:47:50 am »
Well looks like another great weekend.   Congrats to Jon, Woody, and Darrel on getting in.  I to wish I lived closer wood love to be a part of suck a great club.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5516 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:58 am »
typo  ::)
The jokes i could make  ;D
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5517 on: November 22, 2010, 01:27:08 pm »
 Looks like some more great times,,,,,,nice arra Jesse, great looking point!  ;)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5518 on: November 22, 2010, 02:40:17 pm »

Jesse, the Monastery called, and they have your room ready......... ;D ;D ;D  Nice Point!

Wayne

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5519 on: November 22, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »
Thanks guys. Its big for a stone point but its 140g and very sharp.
 I shot it out of my 55# recurve and its flys like a dart. In the foam block i got more penetration with the stone and cain arrow then my gold tips with woodsman heads.
Mililani Hawaii