Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671019 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5610 on: December 20, 2010, 06:45:10 am »
Jon getting ready for the morning hunt,a few shots from my stand,man the woods have opened up.Jon's knife and stand he is working on for a Christmas gift. Some of the guys gathering for the meeting.Great bunch of Guys that's for sure. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5611 on: December 20, 2010, 06:52:30 am »
KingRon passing the torch,Jon still doing knife work.The guy wanted a picture of the old f@&!$. :)
The Osage bow,getting ready to trim and thin the rawhide,I used cow rawhide,it was very uniform in thickness ,just not as thin as deer rawhide, It will  be great protection for the back of the Osage,most times they don't need anything but this one had some worm holes so it needed something and I didn't want to use my deer rawhide,saving it for brain tanning . :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5612 on: December 20, 2010, 06:58:43 am »
After the meeting Jon and me got a little shop work done,Jon got his Christmas knife and stand done,all but the finish.Looks great,I am sure ever who gets it will love it. :) He also got another knife started,man he is eat up with knives right now.They went ahead of his IW bow,maybe next week on that project. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5613 on: December 20, 2010, 07:05:59 am »
The Osage ready for tillering,plan on doing that next week,I will be there the week after Christmas,hunting and hanging out with some of my Yankee friends.Jimmy [RangerB] came in Sat. night with a double,nice doe and buck,great to be back in TN. ant it Jimmy, :) :)glad you are back but the deer/squirrels better watch out. Well that's it for now,hope yall all have a great week  and a special Christmas and great New Year. Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5614 on: December 20, 2010, 08:08:29 am »
Pappy looks liike the fire was real popular. Hope you and your's have a great christmas and new years. I can hardly wait for the classic.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5615 on: December 20, 2010, 08:40:25 am »
Yes fellas it is good to be home. Every time I talk to my kids on the phone they want to go to Pappy's.  Some things just feel right and this is one. Pappy I'm putting a lot of meat in the freezer. Everyone is welcome to it. I got the doe cut up yesterday and will get to the buck tomorrow. I hope to do a lot of burger and sausage with him but I have to find my grinder. It is in storage. Our upright freezer is broken so I will put meat in the freezer at the farm and as I said it is for everyone. I hope to add more in the coming days 

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5616 on: December 20, 2010, 08:44:32 am »
Oh and I hung the doe's cape on a tree behind the shed. I though you, Jesse or Woody might want it. If you want me to throw it away just let me know but I wanted to keep it for you guys if you want it. Just let me know.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5617 on: December 20, 2010, 09:52:53 am »
Thanks Jimmy,I would love to have it. Only one hole also,that is always good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5618 on: December 20, 2010, 10:55:09 am »
Man looks like another great weekend.   Pappy can I put in my reservations for the couch for the March shoot?  LOL  Already excited about coming down for that.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5619 on: December 20, 2010, 11:13:49 am »
You bet BearG. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5620 on: December 20, 2010, 11:59:38 am »
Okay Pappy and I'll save the other one as well.  I plan to work on him tomorrow.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5621 on: December 20, 2010, 12:08:22 pm »
Pappy, thanks for all your efforts with this thread, It is awesome to watch all that is going on down there and since being there it is all the more enjoyable to watch. You guys certainly sew into each others lives and are building life times of memories.

HatchA

« Reply #5622 on: December 20, 2010, 04:59:16 pm »
Pappy, thanks for all your efforts with this thread, It is awesome to watch all that is going on down there

Seconded!!  Always enjoy catching up on this thread.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5623 on: December 20, 2010, 10:55:22 pm »
I got a ton done this weeknd with Pappy.  :-)

Knife for son done.  Check

Wife and daughter's cedar jewlery box's finished.  Check

Youngets son's bow finished.  Check

Helped oldest son with his wooden treasure chest for christmas gift done.  Check

Emergency order to David Knight for son's bow for girl-friend ordered and being sent via express mail.  Check.............  Oh my gosh why does my son always wait to the last second to let me know about things!!?!!

See ya'll soon
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5624 on: December 21, 2010, 06:15:00 am »
Keenan/HatchaA,it is my pleasure,Miss Joanie says it's my face book,Not sure what that is but I guess it's OK. ;) ;D ;D ;D Jon you are a busy Beaver while you are there,that's for sure.Glad you got a lot done. I can't wait for this weekend,Christmas with the family,then Me and Beau are headed to the Cabin Sunday,he is only staying a day or 2[work you know] but Jon/Woody and
more special friends from NY and MI. are coming in for the whole week.Gary is bringing his son Steve who has never been there.Hole in the limb Chuck/Davy and Glenn from NY.Glenn is a teacher so he has never had the time off to come either,should be a blast,lots of Hunting/cooking
[Glenn is a great cook] shop work and plenty of shooting the bull around the fire. Yes
Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good