Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670273 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5715 on: January 19, 2011, 09:00:10 am »
Thanks Keenan! It's beginning to feel like old times again. May have to start on a bow here before long...hopefully I haven't forgotten everything!  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5716 on: January 20, 2011, 06:10:46 am »
I feel pretty sure you ant forgot. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5717 on: January 20, 2011, 07:14:43 am »
I sure look forward to watchin Greg work a new bow.   :-)

I can't wait for Friday to work on my bow as a matter of fact.  :)

See ya at Twin Oaks Pappy and Greg this weekend.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5718 on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:24 am »
The girlfriend pulled my dogwood bow back the other evening...she is showing some interest in learning to shoot. She's a lefty...you have to stand on your head while making a left-handed bow...how does that work?  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #5719 on: January 20, 2011, 10:09:24 am »
The girlfriend pulled my dogwood bow back the other evening...she is showing some interest in learning to shoot. She's a lefty...you have to stand on your head while making a left-handed bow...how does that work?  ;)

;D  ;D  ;D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5720 on: January 21, 2011, 05:56:14 am »
Friday and snow again here in TN. I love the snow,just not when I have to work in it,love playing
in it which is what I plan on doing this evening,headed to the cabin as soon as I get off.I have several projects I plan on working on this weekend.Sat we have a event to go to and set up a range for the kids to shoot and booth with some of our bow and knife work.That should be fun.
I plan on finishing up the skins and grip on the Osage I have been working on and may even get time to start tillering on my snake bow. Hope yall have a big weekend,see ya Monday. :)        Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #5721 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:27 am »
Making a lefty is easy Greg, just do like Auggie and after ya spend all that time making your bow...ya just cut the shelf in the wrong side, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5722 on: January 21, 2011, 11:28:08 am »
Making a lefty is easy Greg, just do like Auggie and after ya spend all that time making your bow...ya just cut the shelf in the wrong side, lol
  I am so glad to see this, I am working on a lefty right now and wondered how to do it, ;D >:D Thanks guys,

Greg, can't wait to see so more of your bows. With your skills, you don't forget. ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5723 on: January 21, 2011, 11:37:38 am »
I made a bow for last years TradGang Bow Trade and the reciepient was left handed and pulled 29 1/2". I don't shoot left handed and my best draw is 26" long. I tillered the bow out to 30"+ on the tiller tree and explained to the reciepient that I was not able to shoot the bow at 29 1/2" or left handed and asked him that he shoot it in as if he were building it himself. That seemed to work out well for both of us.  ;D   I did put 100+ arrows through this bow at my 26" and exercised it very well on the tiller tree out to 30"+. I also sweated the bow at graduated brace heights for graduated lengths of time while I was tillering the bow and shooting it in.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
« Reply #5724 on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:59 am »
We greatly appreciate the offer of a ride from El Destructo to The Classic. We have a gang; sons Sam and Isaac and my wife, Linda plus all the camping gear. We do hope to meet you at The Classic, however. Have a great winter! Theo 3
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5725 on: January 24, 2011, 06:13:22 am »
Yall stay warm Teddy. :) :) Great weekend,got a little done on the Osage bow and a winged elm laid out,other than that we had a good time at the event we set up at. Woody the girls and me went on a long walk Friday evening,I know it ant special for you Northern/western boys but snow is special for us so we  took advantage to do a little scouting,it is surprising what you can find out in the snow.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5726 on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:28 am »
Osage bow with skins trimmed and tips worked down,All it needs now is a grip and tips finished.
Maybe this week. I picked out an IW stave and a winged elm for my next projects,after the snake bow.I like to keep several going i all differend stages so I can do whatever part I feel like working on ,on any given day. ;) :) GregB showing his Girlfriend Linda, some stuff on shooting.
I think she is hooked,very nice gal. :) :) The table we set up at the church event,the folks loved it.
Don't know how many will want to do it but it was a hit as far as people looking and asking questions. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5727 on: January 24, 2011, 06:25:18 am »
We had some displays,also had a little range set up for the kids to shoot,Jesse and Josh did some napping demos,everyone loves that. :)Linda helped out with the scoring of the kids. :)   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5728 on: January 24, 2011, 06:29:18 am »
More demos and a little shooting,then back to the cabin and a big fire, Pretty cold out but I did manage to get the winged elm laid out. Hope yall had a good one,already looking forward to next week. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5729 on: January 24, 2011, 07:57:21 am »
Shoulda stayd for the eats Pappy, I got in line by the time I got done loading the truck. How ever i am going to have to work out extra hard this week to burn off the extra 5000 cals i ate haha  :D
Mililani Hawaii