Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669733 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5790 on: February 09, 2011, 06:36:26 am »
Great to hear from you Tomi,I will save you a few sticks of wood to split. ;) :) Hope the boy is doing good,bring him to the Classic,I like good cooking. ;D ;D Ya Greg is getting good at the leather work but he needs to build another bow. Hope Jake can make it,yall come visit when you are in the area. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5791 on: February 09, 2011, 03:09:39 pm »
cheapshot - glad he enjoyed it. 

Greg has become a master craftsman with that leather.  That is beautiful work.

Jon, you got a beauty there brother.  Nice bow!!!

Looks like you are getting more snow in TN this year than I'm seeing here in VA.  I look forward to getting home in June and hopefully remain there.  I'll know in April what is next.  I have a black walnut stave at home ready to get worked on.  I hope to get a bow made out of it by fall to hunt with this year. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5792 on: February 10, 2011, 05:23:31 am »
Great to hear from you Jimmy,ya it snowed again last night about 3 more inches,next week is supposed to be nice in the 60's.Can't wait. Hope you can make it in for the Classic,we will miss you if you can't. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5793 on: February 11, 2011, 06:06:28 am »
See ya Twin Oaks today Pappy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5794 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:06 am »
Friday again,cold this morning but looks like it is going to warm up some over the weekend and no more wet stuff for a while. We are having our annual squirrel hunt and I plan on doing some of that.Not sure what else,Jon is coming down so I am sure we will work on his IW bow and I may do some brain tanning,It has been so cold I didn't want to get far enough from the fire to do much this winter. :) :)I have 6 hides ready for tanning so I better get on it. What ever we do I am sure we will have fun.Hope yall have a big one ,see ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

HatchA

« Reply #5795 on: February 11, 2011, 07:01:39 am »
Yesterday was the first nice day we had here for a while - dry, sunny, hinting at good days to come...

Today...  Well my Dad is coming up to help put up some fencing panels and wouldn't you just know it - miserable wet drizzle...  That cold, soft rain that doesn't look too bad but if you walk twenty feet in it, you're somehow soaked through!!

I need to make a shelter/lean-to oustide to work under!!

Have a great time at Twin Oaks guys.  Don't forget the pic's :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5796 on: February 14, 2011, 07:30:50 am »
Another great weekend,got a lot done around the shop along with some good scouting for next years deer season. A picture of a knife Jon made for A GregB knife swap,I got the tips finished on my project bow and sent with Greg for one of his nice grips[I hate making grips] Jon seen some arrow cleaners and made up a few for the guys in the club,Also back strap for supper. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5797 on: February 14, 2011, 07:37:12 am »
Had a good Friday evening,we still have 4 or 5 inches of snow on the ground but the weather was pretty warm.Shanon also showed up Friday night,it is always a good time with him around. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5798 on: February 14, 2011, 07:42:44 am »
Shanon and I went out after coyotes Sat. morning,we didn't do any good but found some good buck sign,he left a trail camera set up so we can see what id doing all this stuff,I don't own one,I am more the kind of guy who likes surprises. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5799 on: February 14, 2011, 07:47:57 am »
The girls really like to run in the snow,Shanon giving Jon some pointers on tips and me skinning some of the squirrels the others brought in. Last count I think they killed 15. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5800 on: February 14, 2011, 07:53:10 am »
GregB and Linda just relaxing around the fire,Josh showed up with the blade he has been working on,it is turning out pretty cool. :) :)I got my winged elm heated and straightened and ready for nocks to be cut. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5801 on: February 14, 2011, 07:59:19 am »
Josh putting a handle on his blade,he is using some kind of Palm wood,very hard and really cool looking,Art and Jerry just hanging out.We talked to our old bud Time Ott,he said he really liked Persimmon wood so Shano ,Woody and Myself decide to cut some,We found a really nice one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5802 on: February 14, 2011, 08:05:12 am »
Some more log work,Shano showing Josh how to drill very hard metal.Greg trying to show Linda how to skin a squirrel,don't think he learned much. ;) ;D ;D She said she got all her meat at Kroger's,skinned and rapped.Jon shooting his IW bow for the first time,shoots good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5803 on: February 14, 2011, 08:05:46 am »
Looks like it was cold in TN this weekend.  Lisa said the kids were out of school all week. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5804 on: February 14, 2011, 08:09:38 am »
Ya they was Jimmy,It is warming up now,should be in the 50's and 60's this week. Josh putting the handle on his Blade,Us splitting up the persimmon log and My elm off the form. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good