Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670938 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6045 on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:34 pm »
Jesse, Nope! Not a Jake, and one shot ;D. Unless you want to count Tuesday afternoon when I missed the same bird at 35 yards. ::) Dave and I went back Wendesday morning and called him back in. Pappy I had a Great Time and thank you again.
 Down here in S.C. and haven't seen a bird or heard one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6046 on: April 08, 2011, 01:25:54 am »
Looks like you all had a great time.  Got a good chuckle out of the point blurb ;D  Heck Eddie, I've been telling Pappy that you all are supposed to put your personal flake scar in that blade.  It's just roughed out and would be real cool if we can get a scar from several knappers on that thing without turning into a bunch of little ones. >:D  And if it ends up getting busted,,,,,well we will all have a piece of the same rock. ;D    Going to bring some more down with me anyway. ;)

Wolf, what day exactly you two leaving? I am heading out from here around the 21st and looks like I'll be coming through the bottom of Wyoming on the 22nd or 23rd.   Your right about Eddie,,,,,,,, He seems to lead the life we all wish we could ;D

Nice birds guys. see you all in a few weeks

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6047 on: April 08, 2011, 02:26:16 am »

Yeah, Eddie leads a charmed life, Butit  is because his Wife Cathy, is a Charmer..... But I think that just before she met Eddie, her Lucky Charm broke....;D ;D    ;) you should go to the flea market with him, and see what he ends up with, for a couple of dollars ! :o
                                                                                         Wayne

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6048 on: April 08, 2011, 06:45:49 am »
Keenan:  We are planning to leave about 3AM on Monday the 25th.  We will stop at Cabelas in Sidney, Neb. and then at Paxton, Neb.  My old army and hunting buddy of many years lives there and we will probably hunt turkeys that night.  Makes for a long day, but gets the trip started pretty good.  Hope to be at the farm sometime Wed. to start building bows with David Knight.  We are having a snow storm again with 4 inches of new snow and piling up!  Had three big Toms in the pasture last evening and that is a first ever.  Season starts Sat. and I hope they are still around.  The Game and Fish planted some turkeys four years ago several miles in the mountains from here so that must be where these birds came from. I have no idea what they eat?  We have deer in the yard every day and have big herds of elk we can see from the house, but never a Turkey!  I hope you have a good trip and am anxious to meet you and your wife!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6049 on: April 08, 2011, 07:37:30 am »
You are welcome Eddie,it was a great time. I am headed back to the Cabin today when I get out of here for another fun weekend,we have a meeting and all day working tomorrow so I probably won't get time to hunt ,but I have lots to keep me busy. We are working on the ranges/putting up portable showers and a few other tents for bow building and vendors. Still a little clean up around the shop but we have most of that in pretty good shape.I am getting excited to see all my old friends again.Hope yall have a good one.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #6050 on: April 08, 2011, 07:47:20 am »
Hard to believe just a week ago I was anxiously waiting to leave to get down there and now its over. I hate that. I had a great time Pappy!!!!!!  Thanks for putting up with this Yankee. I will get those pictures posted sometime this weekend I took while down there. Eddie, I'll email yours to you too. Got bad news yesterday. It looks like they have moved that shutdown back  a week. Might not make the Classic now.  :( :(  I should have took you up and the rock, paper, scissors game Eddie. ;)  Well, got to go to work now.
                                                                                                                  David

Offline BearG

« Reply #6051 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:04 am »
Hard to believe just a week ago I was anxiously waiting to leave to get down there and now its over. I hate that. I had a great time Pappy!!!!!!  Thanks for putting up with this Yankee. I will get those pictures posted sometime this weekend I took while down there. Eddie, I'll email yours to you too. Got bad news yesterday. It looks like they have moved that shutdown back  a week. Might not make the Classic now.  :( :(  I should have took you up and the rock, paper, scissors game Eddie. ;)  Well, got to go to work now.
                                                                                                                  David
Tell them Bear said you have to be there and they will let you come.  Heck they may even pay for your gas.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6052 on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:16 am »
Had a great weekend, not much bow work but lots of work.We rebuilt the bridge at the cabin and started on the shed by the drive.Got Arrows almost ready for the Classic and some more clean up done around the place.The meeting went good and had most of the members there,that is always a good thing. Here is a few pictures of the weekend ,you can see why I am sore this morning. ;) ;D ;D
We started Friday evening cutting about 6  big Cedars for the bridge repair. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6053 on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:47 am »
Then a good supper,Venison stew,relaxing with a good fire good friends and beautiful Moon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6054 on: April 11, 2011, 08:16:58 am »
Arrows ready for points to be mounted, Meeting Sat. morning and then to the swinging bridge,we had to replace the corner post. Turned into a big ,big Job. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6055 on: April 11, 2011, 08:21:01 am »
The bridge almost finished,except for a little trim work,then off to the shed. :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6056 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:58 am »
Got the post set and tamped  for the new shed addition ready for the frame work ,man OSHA would love us. ;) ;D ;D Can't have to many roofs to get under. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6057 on: April 11, 2011, 08:33:24 am »
Then more relaxing around the fire Sat. evening,Chris made us  supper,Brats and fried taters.Got the tips on 1/3 of the trophie arrows,Chris got up early and took another Turkey,more meat and feathers. ;) :) Us old guys was sure worn out Sat. evening but was the last ones standing. ;) ;D ;D Great time ,even with all the work.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6058 on: April 11, 2011, 09:48:57 am »
Whew Pappy all that work is hard on us old farts I spent the weekend cleaning out my new bow shop getting ready to wire it up and insulate. The balance was spent on building a new smoker from a propane tank. I'll post pics when she's done. Life really is good but sometimes tiring.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6059 on: April 11, 2011, 10:47:47 am »
Wow!  I sure could use that crew around here for a few days! No telling what the place would look like.  I had three Marriam toms pass through two days before season.  That was a first ever! :o  My supervisor is in Arizona visiting her sister so was just me fighting the URGE to slip over the river bank and ambush one of them.  The next couple of days it snowed a couple of feet so there was no telling how far down the river they traveled.  All of us wantabe Twin Oakers really appreciate the effort you make to provide a few days of bliss for us.  Am sorry to hear that El D, the yoopers, JW, and Mrs. Hillbilly and Cody are not going to make it this year.  A/Ho Joe

Bear:  How many days?
Get Close---Shoot Straight