Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671184 times)

Tommy and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6300 on: May 23, 2011, 07:47:35 am »
Josh making a handle for a new blade he is working on. GregB and Beau having some good conversation. :) :) Art is really getting into the knife making .GreB taking some wood of a Hickory backed Hickory BigA is working on,he is the man with that band saw. :) :) He can almost get them floor tillered with that thing. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6301 on: May 23, 2011, 07:52:51 am »
Sealing up the arrow for the boys up North. They should love it. ;) :) :) Jon and BigA got the kitchen back in shape for our up coming shoot,new faucets,man we needed them. Some of GregB's knives,he got all the handles worked and sanded Sat. :) :) He has got more knives than I do. ;) ;D ;D 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6302 on: May 23, 2011, 07:59:22 am »
Me working on my winged elm bow,it it almost ready to be braced,By the way I love the bench[Keenan] it works great.Josh got everyting ready to mount his new blade. Very nice work.Got the handle on my knife and ready to seal and also the tip finished on My blank from David,Thanks David it should make a great bow.That's about it for the weekend.Hope yall had as good one as I did. :) :)
Life is good. :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6303 on: May 23, 2011, 09:30:15 am »
Looks like you guys had a really buisy weekend. Some of you're guys cornered me and asked where to get a pot, I gave em a few leads and they carried through with it. Good crowd. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6304 on: May 23, 2011, 10:22:04 am »
Art making knives??? ;D
Looks like I missed a good one! I need to dig yall up another one of those real thick saw blades, Josh seems to likes working with those alot.
 I got all my food plots and garden out this weekend so I should be down soon.
 Tell Art I have a special surprise for him (frog legs). I been eating on 'em all weekend and think I'll freeze the rest of what I have. He sure like 'em!

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6305 on: May 23, 2011, 06:12:11 pm »

Art making knives??? ;D

Yeah Art has been hit with the knife making bug looks like.  His Osage handle knife turned out pretty darn nice.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6306 on: May 24, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »
Warms my heart to see those pics of you sitting there working on a bow with the bench Pappy. I am going to make you a few attachments to it as soon as things settle down a little.  We just had our Rendezvous this last weekend and still trying to get stuff unloaded and the shop put back together.  Missing being there already, and Lulyn and I are Talking about trying to make it again next year.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6307 on: May 24, 2011, 01:54:26 pm »
I love that thing,didn't think I would but it is really nice to set down for a change ,it work great
for tillering. Good hope yall can do it again,I will save you Tee pee poles and you spot. Hope your event went good,I was thinking about you. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6308 on: May 24, 2011, 03:13:04 pm »
Pappy that means allot coming from someone with as many years of bow building as you. It's sometimes hard to change when we've done something a certain way for so long.  I know you'll find it really saves the back strain on those long tillering sessions,  as compared to standing by a vice. When you get your tool caddy and cup holder attachment you'll be really spoiled,,,,,,,,I mean set up. ;D

Offline cracker

« Reply #6309 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »
Hey Keenan I thought I was gonna get partial credit for the cup holder idea. ;D ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6310 on: May 24, 2011, 05:02:06 pm »
 Yep Cracker, You da man! ;D  ;D Ya just have to share the royalties with all the other people who said it needed the cup holder attachment.  >:D I probably need to design a Cracker special version that is complete with cup holder, cooler and BBQ cooker attachments.  >:D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:06:52 pm by Keenan »

Offline cracker

« Reply #6311 on: May 24, 2011, 05:22:39 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6312 on: May 24, 2011, 07:11:36 pm »
OK, I give up...what is that Gizmo Pappy is sitting at and where can a guy pick one up?
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6313 on: May 24, 2011, 07:55:41 pm »
That is a Keenan Patented Bowyers Bench....they look awesome....and are really comfortable too....contact Keenan...I am sure you can work out a deal.... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6314 on: May 24, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »
ya them are slick aint they

if i had room for one,i would have to have one
sadly  :'(   no room for one
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd