Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668125 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6420 on: June 24, 2011, 03:58:30 pm »
That's a sad picture with Jon and his busted bow, he may be smilin but deep inside there's tears, otherwise he don't have a heart.
Sorry to see that Jon, hey check your yahoo one of these days.
So, when it gets really hot down there Pappy do you have a pair of cutoff overhalls? I'm not used to that kind of heat, they'd have to have buckets around my ankles to catch all the juices.
Great to see pictures of everyone, you're all lookin good.
VB

Offline Will H

« Reply #6421 on: June 25, 2011, 07:43:47 pm »
Looks like yall had another great weekend! Those knifes look awesome! We finally found a house! WHEW!! I was startin to think it wasnt gonna happen. Were just outside of Joelton. We'll be movin in next week! Whats the deal with the IBO? Can anyone go and shoot? I havent been to a shoot since I was real young. Sounds like fun!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6422 on: June 27, 2011, 07:57:16 am »
That is great Will,Joelton is 30 minutes or less from us.Yes anyone can come and shoot,It won't be the Classic but pretty close. Very good time.Mar I don't do shorts,Hot or not. ;) ;D ;D ;D Had a good
weekend,got a few thing done around the Club ,some shooting in and a little knife and bow work.
Missed old Jon but have some more folks stop by for most of the weekend. He are a few picture of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also.
Eddie a close op for you,very nice ,I love it. :) :)    Then a knew knife in the works.We got in a little bow work Friday and some time to shoot.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6423 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:08 am »
More bow work,Supper in the works,venison Chili. :) :) Some more work on the tractor,seems the more I do the more it needs. ;) ;D ;D Bubba meets his brother ,They didn't hit it off all that good. :) :) :) Chris working on another knife handle,That boy is going to have more knives than I do. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6424 on: June 27, 2011, 08:07:46 am »
Just a little relaxing around a good fire Friday night. :)Got some holes drilled in my new blade and ready to fit some scales. Art trying out his bow I repaired,it has worked out fine so far.Probably over 100 shots through it and not problem yet. Getting pins fitted for my knife scales. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6425 on: June 27, 2011, 08:13:43 am »
We like to start um young scrapping. ;) :) :) We got out Sat to do some more shooting,Had a good time.  :)I have been trying to figure out what bow I want to shoot at the IBO world,think I have found the one 60 inch Osage 50 @27. One Shannon made for me. :) :) Nice to have talented friends and I am blessed with a lot of them. :) :)It is a good shooting bow. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6426 on: June 27, 2011, 08:19:53 am »
Little more shooting, Sadie and the Cat,got to keep a close eye on her,I don't thinks she likes cats to much yet. ;) :) :) I had some hides I need to Brain tan,but decided to trim them up as rawhide right now,To hot to tan for me right now and I needed to get them inside so they wouldn't mold,So I trimmed the hair off and took them in the cabin for now,I can still tan them later if I decide to.Hope yall had a good one. Life is good. :) :)
   pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6427 on: June 27, 2011, 10:13:07 am »
Looks like another great week end. That sure is a nice case of points.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6428 on: June 27, 2011, 10:53:23 am »
                                    Dang Pappy...think ya need to change that Tractor Tire....I can see the Air inside.......... :P

wish I could make the IBO Shoot...but it aint happening......... >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6429 on: June 27, 2011, 10:59:52 am »
It sure is Eddie, :) :) Mike I have had more fun with that tire,That is why I haven't changed it, :) :)I had it filled with foam about 10 years ago,no flats and now it is worn down to the inner tub and it is solid,Miss Joanie said if I was getting a new bushhog I wasn't hooking it up to something that looked like that ,so Now I have to get new tires. Wished you could make it to Mike,I know it's a long trip for all you folks,Just wished yall all lived closer. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #6430 on: June 27, 2011, 12:51:00 pm »
Wow thats awesome Pappy! Ill be there for sure!   ;D And I thought I was just moving to the motherland of music!  ;) Looks like I got the best of both worlds!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline BearG

« Reply #6431 on: June 27, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »
Tee minus 16 days and counting
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6432 on: June 28, 2011, 01:14:32 am »
Tee minus 16 days and counting

Lookin forward to seein you here again buddy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6433 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:53 am »
Cool Will and Bear.2 weeks from today I will be headed down for several days until the IBO world is over,Can't wait. I will be there Tuesday ,noon the 12th of July till Sunday evening the 17th of July. :) :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6434 on: June 29, 2011, 10:41:01 am »
So, You got two cats at the Cabin now.??

Bubba and Bubba's Brother.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama