Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670984 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6435 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:57 am »
No just Bubba, Bubba's brother is name Old yeller,he belongs to a good friend,he just brought him
 down to visit. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Goffer

« Reply #6436 on: June 30, 2011, 12:04:09 am »
Had a great time last weekend like always at twin oaks. Two more days of rollin beer then off to unloading targets and settin ranges i guess. Cant wait to see every one at the IBO this year.  Oh and sorry pappy but i let another good one slip away, yall need to teach me how to keep em around for a while...

Offline Goffer

« Reply #6437 on: June 30, 2011, 12:15:21 am »
My buddy posted this on face book. was killed in hickman county where im from. Wish i could have got him to freeze it for me...

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #6438 on: June 30, 2011, 03:03:44 am »
Good goobley goo!!!  Im getting shivers just looking at that!!  Man that thing could have killed more than one person,,,,,,good job takin that one out,,, :o :o :o
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6439 on: June 30, 2011, 07:28:27 am »
Come on Chris,that didn't come from Hickman, ::) ::) to sandy and looks like a huge Diamond back,ant got no diamond backs in Hickman. ;) ;D ;D It is a ice snake tho. :) :) :) Targets came in yesterday,
we got them all un boxed and put together,Ready to start setting the ranges. Lots of work to do this weekend. By the way Chris,we need to get the shower going  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6440 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:44 am »
Come on Chris,that didn't come from Hickman, ::) ::) to sandy and looks like a huge Diamond back,ant got no diamond backs in Hickman. ;) ;D ;D It is a ice snake tho. :) :) :) Targets came in yesterday,
we got them all un boxed and put together,Ready to start setting the ranges. Lots of work to do this weekend. By the way Chris,we need to get the shower going  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Pappy nailed it about the snake. That one's already been killed all over the U.S. :D  I love how they are all held WAAAY out in front of the person holding it, usually at least 10 feet long and as much as 170 lbs!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6441 on: June 30, 2011, 12:06:11 pm »
Shannon......dontcha know nuthin....dat Der is a Texas Coontail...dey grow ta be250 pounds and 30 foot long.... and eat antelope fer breakfast down here....lmao
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #6442 on: June 30, 2011, 03:58:34 pm »
Yeehaw! Looking forward to, (good Lord willing), being there at last, in just a few weeks.
I do not shoot that well in competition, so I should have plenty of time to take in the
scenery, all the good folks, maybe break a rock or two, and arrow caddy for Tomi and
Roger.  ;D

Offline Goffer

« Reply #6443 on: July 01, 2011, 12:17:42 am »
yeah i kinda thought it might be a fake, but what better place to find out than P.A.? Dont worry pappy the shower will be done real soon and cant wait to shoot up those nice pretty new targets... oh i mean set up those targets. looking forward to another great weekend at twin oaks.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6444 on: July 01, 2011, 01:24:37 am »
Thursday nights are sorta fun here in Indian Mound.  I pick out bows and decide which one's to take just in case my friends want to shoot the practice course.  I grab my tools and other stuff and load the Expedition.  Then I drink Southern Sweet Tea and watch TV or read, or surf the web.  I follow these adventures up with a few hours sleep then I hop in the ole red vehicle and head off to the Promise Land.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  I'm going to head out early and get started on cutting out a new knife blade.  If all goes well it will be finished before my buddies show up in the afternoon. 

Twin Oaks is the place to be. 
Hard living is the life for me. 
Land spreading out so far and wide,
keep Manhattan just give me that country side.

;D ;D ;D

I loved that show as a kid.

See ya'll later.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:16:52 am by _Jon_ »
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6445 on: July 01, 2011, 08:11:14 am »
Yep headed that way myself real soon,I plan on getting out of here early and can't wait. We have a lot to get done but it's all fun,got the new tractor tires to put on ,Targets to set and still some cleaning up andplans to be made for the up coming shoot, Jake looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the bunch, Always enjoy Tomi's company,she is like family to us. :) :) We should have a pretty good bunch for Saturday and hope we get a lot done, Need to take some time to shoot also.
Rummer is Shannon may show up tonight, ;) ;D ;D Hope he can make it,I will put him to work. ;D ;D
Hope yall have a good one,I will have some pictures and stories to tell Monday,YES I HAVE TO WORK ON THE FORTH. :( :( ;) well someone had to do it and my guys always do it so I don't have to ,so I decided to give them a break and do it myself,they make my life easy around here most of the time and I figured they deserved it. :) :)
 Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #6446 on: July 01, 2011, 02:00:44 pm »
Good for you Mark, I'm sure your guys do love you for it.  12 days until I'm back down there.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6447 on: July 02, 2011, 01:26:29 am »
Hey, that same D-back was just reciently killed near the federal fish hatchery in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC. The guy that shares the real estate office with me just showed it to me on Wednesday.  ;D  Whomever killed it is in trouble. Eastern diamondback rattlesnakes are federally protected.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline fencepost

« Reply #6448 on: July 02, 2011, 09:19:28 am »
In TN all snakes are listed as protected. no legal hunting season. you can be arested and fined just for posession of a snake...Pete

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6449 on: July 02, 2011, 12:28:57 pm »
It looks like they blew that one in half with a 12 guage - what a waste. Hey Pappy, your making me nervous with all the renovations and work ya'll are doing around there all the time. Got me thinking your going to make me earn my keep while i'm  there, heheh :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.