Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670273 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6525 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:51 am »
Marie gave out the wood arrow award, Dave Wallace won it,he is a great shot for sure. :) Some more of the buckle winners,tryed to get them all together but they got away on me. Then at the end of the day I go in the cabin and find a fine stave left for me by Al,a good friend from Canada. I have a lot of stuff to keep me busy now,I think I have 3 or 4 nice staves in the works. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6526 on: July 20, 2011, 08:01:36 am »
And last picture ,the map.Pretty cool. :) :) Can't wait till the next gathering. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #6527 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:00 am »
The map is always really cool!!! I liked meeting Marie from PA again, very nice lady and pretty too!!!! nice smile. I love the pic of you and Big Jim....he and Barbara are fine folks for sure. I'll bet there was something wet somewhere on those nights!!!! at least it didn't rain!!!!LOLOL!
Tomi
 :laugh:

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6528 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:43 pm »
Pappy:  Looks like there was someone from Sheridan, Wyoming at the Worlds!  Do you know the fellow?  Would be nice to have someone from Wyoming to communitate with!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline cracker

« Reply #6529 on: July 20, 2011, 12:25:02 pm »
Hey Joe I kinda know how you feel there are some bowyers in GA but none within 100 or so miles of my home.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6530 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »
Ronnie:  100 miles is a round trip for grocerys here.  I do have the Hustons and you can't do better than that, except Hawk has been working in Texas for a couple of years and I miss hunting with him.  Am headed out to look for Juniper fence posts for some flute wood for Josh!  Did manage to draw a second cow elk tag this morning so will at least have something to pull a sneak on!  Wish I had all the gang at Twin Oaks to share some mountain time with.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline cracker

« Reply #6531 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:28 pm »
Hey Joe that would be the trip of a life time. I wouldn't have to shoot anything I'd just love to hang out with you in that beautiful country. Ron

Offline Otis

« Reply #6532 on: July 20, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »
It was a great time at Twin Oaks. Not quite the Classic, but you can't go down the hill and not have a good time there!  To all the members, you guys did a great job as usual. My hats off to the cooks especially. It was hot. Got to meet WillH and got a CD from him. Great voice Will.  Got to shoot with Gary Davis and Al and Joan Goslen from Canada. We had a blast. BroDan and WillH shot one round with us. Sure did miss the regulars from the Classic. (You guys know who I'm talking about) And it did rain hard around 1:00 Saturday morning. I should have had my camera because the water did flow through the bow shop.  There was only 3 of under the shed when BigJim came over. He had a little problem. His generator was under water. So, we went and helped him get it out. Me, Brodan and BearG.  Almost a Classic moment. Can't wait to get down there again.
                                                                            David

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6533 on: July 20, 2011, 09:57:24 pm »

Whom is the person from Idaho?  He doesn't look all that far from Thompson Falls, Mt.

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6534 on: July 20, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »
 Dave, I would have bet a turkey hunt when you said there were three of you up that late that Brother Dan and Bear were there. Nothing like being under the bow shop listening to the rain hit the roof sipping a Miller Lite. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6535 on: July 20, 2011, 11:08:44 pm »
Dave, I would have bet a turkey hunt when you said there were three of you up that late that Brother Dan and Bear were there. Nothing like being under the bow shop listening to the rain hit the roof sipping a Miller Lite. ;D
You got that right Eddie, except I cut the top out of the can and poured it down! ;D
 I was there right up till when Big Jim showed up.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:12:46 pm by Saw Filer »
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6536 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:08 pm »
   ;D ;D good time to go to sleep ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6537 on: July 21, 2011, 02:32:54 am »
Wish I could have been there...not to shoot but just to be there with all you guys. I guess I'll have to wait til spring!  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #6538 on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:07 am »
Hang in there Pat I'm in the same boat I gotta wait til spring my self.Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6539 on: July 22, 2011, 07:14:08 am »
Friday again and I am headed back to the cabin.Won't be a crowed this weekend
as last but I bet I will be able to find something to do. ;)  :) :)Got a lot of straighting up to do after last week so I will be busy. Got a couple of projects to work on but really just want to relax,it's been a hecktic 2 weeks. Hope yall have a good one,see ya Monday. Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good