Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670829 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6540 on: July 22, 2011, 10:08:49 am »
What a great weekend.  I'm still trying to recover.  Had to go back to work this week and I forgot what work is like after taking so much leave.  The shoot was a tremendous success as expected.  As I've always said, even those who aren't sure about the shoot are completely taken once they show up and experience it.  We took some great notes this year.  We have a few things to improve upon, but it went extremely well.  The Trad Tech Team shoot was a great addition.  The ladies were a lot of fun.  Until next time....

Offline BearG

« Reply #6541 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:41 pm »
Dave, I would have bet a turkey hunt when you said there were three of you up that late that Brother Dan and Bear were there. Nothing like being under the bow shop listening to the rain hit the roof sipping a Miller Lite. ;D
Dont want to miss anything.  Sipping is for coffee or hot tea,  you drink Miller Lite 8)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6542 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »
What a great weekend.  As I've always said, once they show up, the ladies were a lot of fun!.  We took some great notes this year.  We have a few things to improve upon, but it went extremely well.  The Trad Tech Team was a great addition.  Until next time.... ::) ;D ;D ;D  .........sorry Ranger, but I just couldn't help it.  I should have been a political spin doctor for one of the media sources.......... " Senator Methane said today '  .......::) ;D
Now if only I had sound bytes of this...... ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D
                                                      Wayne.

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #6543 on: July 24, 2011, 12:58:11 pm »
I have to say it was a great shoot, my hats off to the Twin Oaks crew, they did it again, top notch. Great to hang out with good friends. RangerB, how long did it take you to shave for work, and ask you buddy if  me and Bubba can rent that tent next year, that was pretty sweet. Thanks Pappy for letting me and Bubba spend Sunday night in the cabin. That helped out alot. Thanks again for the knifes also. DaveO, Woody, Terry, Don, Mayo, Chris, Jon, King Ron, BearG you guys kept me laughing all week end. I had the best time even with the heat, although I did run out of beer, that's a first. I even got in some shooting. Gary Davis, thank you for showing me how to put a grip on my bow and for the leather, and great shooting with ya.   All I can say is " You should of been there" and " Another one for the books".    Brother Dan   
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #6544 on: July 24, 2011, 01:14:33 pm »
Shannon, I forgot to thanks you for the point you made for me, I know I bugged you enough, had a good time with you and BearG the one night, you got some stories. Thanks again and hope to see you soon, hope to get down to the cabin for a weekend before huntin season.  Bro Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6545 on: July 25, 2011, 07:43:15 am »
Great weekend,Got most everything put back where it belongs,and stuff laid out for my trip to MI. in 10 days.Also had some time to just kick back and relax and do more shooting than I have done in a while.Some of the guys finished up tillering on some bows they have been working on and of course Jon got in a little knife work.Hope yall had a good one also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6546 on: July 25, 2011, 07:50:40 am »
I got a new set of files for knife ans hunting head work,I am going to try and keep up with these. After seeing the pictures of Tracy cooking steak over the fire I got hungry for some.Yum. :) :) Old Bubba has settled right in now. :) Jon doing a little knife work,He can't get enought of that. :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:07:59 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6547 on: July 25, 2011, 07:58:51 am »
I set up this little tent fan for the MI. trip,it is hot up there also. ;) :) My newphew Allen finishing up his Hickory bow with a little help from Jon. Then Jimmy and GregB
showing us how to shoot a bow on the Course. :) A lot of us didn't have time to shoot the course at the IBO world so we left the Hunter Challenge range up for us to shoot on for a few weeks. Cool range. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6548 on: July 25, 2011, 08:02:09 am »
More shots from out on the course,It was a very relaxing time for me,Hot but fun. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6549 on: July 25, 2011, 08:25:20 am »
Bows for MI. :) Allen Corn a good friend of the club is putting the finishing touches on a Hickory selfbow he is making for his Grand Daughter,He make a great Glass Bow and from the looks of this bow he ant to bad on selfbows either.I had a guy call and say he had lost his Zeiss Binoculars on the B course at the IBO world,so I decided to take a walk Sat. evening and see if I could find them.
I didn't but it was a beautiful walk.I hadn't been on that part of My farm since last year.It is fun sometimes to not have anything special to do and just kick back and relax.That is what I did this weekend.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:10:07 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6550 on: July 25, 2011, 09:42:31 am »
Hey Pappy supper sure looks good I had grilled pork chops myself over the weekend. Looks like you fellers had a big time. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Will H

« Reply #6551 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:08 am »
Looks like a good time pappy! Wish I could have made it out this weekend. I found work at a crane company in Springfield last week. I spent the weekend liking my wounds.  ;) Maybe next weekend.  :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #6552 on: July 25, 2011, 04:58:36 pm »
The Hunter Challenge course was a really good course. Fun, and tough on some shots,
and cool target sets. You guys did a fine job.

Pappy, you sure have a beautiful place and I was honored to have the opportunity
to spend a few days there. Thanks to you and Miss Joanie of course, and Anthony, and Greg B,
and Jimmy, and way too many folks to remember who did so much to make all this happen.
You folks are amazing, and I left feeling humbled, and inspired.

Thanks too for making this Ga boy feel welcome.  ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6553 on: July 25, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »
 I shot at our club this Sunday and talked to some of the Florida boys that were at Twin Oaks for the first time. They said they thought they were in Archery Heaven. We might have to have a Florida Camping area for the next Classic. ;) ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6554 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:02 am »
We can make that happen Eddie,Thanks guys I appreciate the kind word more than you know. We do try and please but sometimes you wonder if folks really notice,I guess some do. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good