Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670857 times)

paulc and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6555 on: July 26, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »
That's why we keep coming back!  That and the food, the hospitality, the bow making, the all around great time. I'm counting the days til I get to come back down. Pappy, good news, I sent about a 100 # of venison to Michigan yesterday. Next time down I'll be bringing some of the deersticks you like plus some rollups. :)  Didn't mean to make you mad at the IBO shoot.
                                                                                                       David

Offline hatcha

« Reply #6556 on: July 28, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »
Lump of venison, new white potatoes, celery, carrots, parsnips, whole small onions and some 'shrooms; all boiled up with about a litre of veggie stock.

Turned out pretty good for a first time :)

Sitting here eating a plateful and the Lost Boys just started on the tv...

Life Is Good ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6557 on: July 29, 2011, 07:12:33 am »
Yes it is hatcha, :)It's Friday and I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away,Got several things I need to do,but first is to get packed for my trip to MI. early next week, then maybe some shooting bow/arrow and knife work.I got 30 Turkey wings yesterday from a friend that always saves them for me so I may try and work them up also.Thats what I like about this time of year,all the big events are over at the club and I can just do what ever I feel like.Got to love that. Hope yall have a good weekend.I will see ya Monday.Life is good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6558 on: July 29, 2011, 09:40:50 am »
Hey Pappy have a safe trip hope you have some fun like we all have when we get to go to you're place. You and the whole crew really deserve it after all you guys do for the rest of the world. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #6559 on: July 29, 2011, 08:24:14 pm »
Sorry, havn't checked in for a while.  Been busier than usual!

Have fun in MI Pappy!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6560 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:29 am »
It was a good weekend,finished packing and worked on a few little projects,the main thing we done was shoot a bunch. That was fun for a change. Here are a
few pictures of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. :) I had a good friend that saves me wings call Friday,he had a slow year,only 8 sets. ;) :) Also Jon and I worked on some more knives,like I have said before,can't have to many knives. Then making a few plans for our trip,It looks like it will just be 2 of us,started with 8 now down to 2. :) Always seems to turn out that way. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6561 on: August 01, 2011, 07:25:19 am »
I got a little mowing in Friday evening,can't seem to keep it cut this year. Jon and my knife ready for final sanding and sealer. Jon is still into some string work,he is getting pretty good at that. :) Allen with the new riser he made for his Grand daughters bow he is building. He made her a Selfbow,now he is building her a recurve. :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:29:52 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6562 on: August 01, 2011, 07:37:05 am »
Allen getting in a little practice,he is fixing to head out west for a month or so. Keith finishing up his new IW bow.Looking good. Bubba getting is a little well desirved rest. ;) :) :) Keith making up some arrows,he always wants about 30
ready for the up coming season. :) :) That's about it for the week end.I will be gone from Wed. the 3rd till next Monday the 8th .Hope yall have a good one.
Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #6563 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:14 pm »
Looks like a good weekend, bubba looks like he's getting the most out of that Stave master.

Offline tenessee bear tracks

« Reply #6564 on: August 01, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »
hey uncle Mark this is Jeremy just wanted to say thanks for all you've been teaching me and Allen we really appreciate all you have been doing can't wait to get some more time with y'all have a good time in Mi. ;)
"i ain't never knew a man that ever owned another and i ain't never owned nothin of my own"       Justin Townes Earle

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6565 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:37 am »
Welcome to PA Jeremy !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6566 on: August 02, 2011, 07:39:53 am »
You are welcome,love to see people get fired up about it. Yes Mark I may have to talk to Keenan and see what kind of deal I can get on another one for me,Bubba
has taken that one over. ;) :) :) :) I will be heading North in the morning at 4am
so I should have some good pictures of the rest of the week and the weekend, it is always  fun at the ElmHall shoot,lots of visting/eating and shooting. Great bunch
of folks up there ,even if they are Yanks. ;) ;D ;D ;D See yall Tuesday.  :)   
Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6567 on: August 02, 2011, 09:42:29 am »
Have fun at Elm Hall and have a safe trip. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline tenessee bear tracks

« Reply #6568 on: August 03, 2011, 04:23:47 pm »
thanks for the welcome buckeye so far its been a really awsome site  :)
"i ain't never knew a man that ever owned another and i ain't never owned nothin of my own"       Justin Townes Earle

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #6569 on: August 06, 2011, 03:23:42 am »
You are welcome,love to see people get fired up about it. Yes Mark I may have to talk to Keenan and see what kind of deal I can get on another one for me,Bubba
has taken that one over. ;) :) :) :) I will be heading North in the morning at 4am
so I should have some good pictures of the rest of the week and the weekend, it is always  fun at the ElmHall shoot,lots of visting/eating and shooting. Great bunch
of folks up there ,even if they are Yanks. ;) ;D ;D ;D See yall Tuesday.  :)   
Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
It's 1:00 am.  I can still hear your camp.  You know what they say, if you can't beat them join them.  I'll be down for last call.   Wondering still if we will make the 7:00am shoot.   Life is good. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI