Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670221 times)

Offline andy thomas

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6630 on: August 15, 2011, 11:49:37 am »
looks like a great place just to hang and enjoy life ;)

Offline hatcha

« Reply #6631 on: August 15, 2011, 01:05:19 pm »
My new toy[bushhog]worked great until The tractor went down. :(
  Pappy

Is that basically a great big mower thingy?

I could use one of those for my back garden!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6632 on: August 15, 2011, 01:28:26 pm »
Ya pretty much,just with heaver blades and built tougher so you can take down stuff bigger that you arm with no problem. :) I had a 7 ft. John Deer heavy duty for about 25 years and it was used when I got it,I finely wore it out and bought this 8 ft. bushhog brand,it should last me the rest of my life.  :) :) It is about all my 65 horse tractor wants. Not sure if the tractor is going to last that long.  :(:) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6633 on: August 15, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »
Lots of great looking stuff happening there Pappy!  Love the Quiver, the Walking Stick and the new Winged Elm appears to have some nice deer killin' reflex going on  >:D
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline cracker

« Reply #6634 on: August 15, 2011, 01:40:48 pm »
Hey Pappy did it just tear up the bearing or is it worse than that?Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6635 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:42 pm »
No the shaft,it really didn't tear it up,it is just worn out where the locking balls hold the yoke on the shaft,they are worn off and the yoke on the front of the bushhog won't stay on,it also needs the rear bearing while I am in there. I just ordered the shaft,it will be in Thursday, only 385.00, dang that john deer green paint cost a lot.  ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6636 on: August 15, 2011, 03:08:24 pm »
I know what you mean aint nuthin getting any cheaper especially big name stuff. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline hatcha

« Reply #6637 on: August 15, 2011, 03:48:46 pm »
I just ordered the shaft,it will be in Thursday, only 385.00, dang that john deer green paint cost a lot.  ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy

A friend of mine once bought a t-shirt that said "Friends don't let friends drive red tractors" ;)

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #6638 on: August 15, 2011, 04:33:07 pm »
Looks like a fine weekend indeed. Thanks for the pictures and such.

That winged Elm is interesting. We have alot of it at the Archery club land in Gainesville.
What time of year is best to cut it?

GregB and Linda make a handsome couple indeed. I sure enjoyed meeting both of them;
mighty nice folks.

That is a beast of a bushhog and outta get the job done!

Miss Tomi and I are headed to Crossville this next weekend for the last shoot of the
Season with the Olde Fartes. It will be good to be back in the Tn hills.  ;D

J

Offline tenessee bear tracks

« Reply #6639 on: August 15, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »
i had an awesome weekend with everyone!!!!! Many thanks to Uncle Mark and Jon for all there help hopefully I'll have many more years of good friendship and bow building in my future. ;D ;D I think they have got me hooked i already cant wait to learn more. The first shot from a bow that you have made with your own two hands is indescribably awesome ;D Hopefully i will get a chance to take a deer with it this year as well :o
"i ain't never knew a man that ever owned another and i ain't never owned nothin of my own"       Justin Townes Earle

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6640 on: August 16, 2011, 02:56:54 am »
Sure am sorry about your cheek there Pappy.  I'll never put a bow in a place like that again let me tell you.  Scared the heck outa me.  I finally finished the bow up here at home.  I've put about 200 arrows through it so far and it's mighty sweet.  I'll remember to bring my other arrows this weekend so I can test them and get at least two bows ready for the season next month.  It sure was fun helping out the boys with their new bows. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6641 on: August 16, 2011, 07:23:32 am »
Jake I like the spring,the bark will peal right off ,and you have your back. Jon I put your hawk up,can't wait to see the bow all finished up. Jeramie it was our pleasure.  :) hatcha I like my John deer for sure but if you have to buy the parts from them they do seem high,if I can find them anywhere else that is what I do,this just happend to be a dealer idem.  :) I got my walking stick finished yesterday,I will get some pictures up later in the week or Monday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Frodo

« Reply #6642 on: August 16, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »
Great weekend i can't wait get back down and finish my new bow! ;D ;D I forgot how much I enjoyed being around the truly great and helpful individuals at twin oaks. I am truly grateful to them for all the help they gave me. ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6643 on: August 17, 2011, 07:11:42 am »
You are welcome Frodo,I got it in a good dry spot just waiting on you to get back
on it. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6644 on: August 17, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »
Wow! i was there last weekend and only a couple showed up (was a great weekend). Guess you are just a magnet for good folks Pappy ;D. I see buddy got his share of nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips. He scarfed his chicken salad this morning, ha.. I can't wait to see that walking stick your working on. Glad your able to keep it alive but feel awefull about how it came to be :-\. I appreciate your hospitality - second to none.. Be seeing you in the days to come..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.