Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669714 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7020 on: November 14, 2011, 10:07:20 am »
Looks like it was a top notch time.  I was thinking of you guys.
If I don't post before, have a great upcoming Thanksgiving everyone.
1’—>1’

Offline cracker

« Reply #7021 on: November 14, 2011, 10:53:56 am »
Hey Pappy looks like Charlie "the mug" is making a lot of new friends. You guys really had it going on bows, deer, knives, hides, food you name it. I gotta get up there more often.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #7022 on: November 14, 2011, 12:08:58 pm »
Well looks like ya'll had a great time.  Wish I could have been there.  Well as I'm sure B. Dan told you I shoot a spike Tue. morning we could not find.  I got a case of the down on me's, seeing that it been 8 years without a bow kill (Killed with Pappy).  Anyway one of the guys I hunt with put his wheelie bow in my hands, went out Wed. morning shoot a doe we tracked over 200 yards and then came a rain.  We looked for a hour in the hard rain but nothing.  Wed. night in 20-30 mph wind gusts I took a shoot a realy nice buck and missed over its back.  Thursday morning I shoot a 2 1/2 yr.old 8 point hit a little far back got lung and right thru the liver.  So now the monkey is off my back.  I'm back to my recurve.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7023 on: November 14, 2011, 01:24:52 pm »
Congrats Bear,Dan didn't say you was using a CP bow,but what every floats you boat. :)It looked like a nice 8 from the picture. :) :) Ya Cracker it got a work out.Not really we was just having some fun and thought of you. :) :) Yes Parnell it was a large time ,I think had by all. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7024 on: November 14, 2011, 01:44:28 pm »
Pappy:  Thanks for the pictures.  There is no place like your farm!  Good folks and great times.  Am starting to feel guilty about the elk hide as it looked to be one heck of a lot of work and there apprears to be some serious skinning problems.  Please remember it was 17 below that day!  The snake bow looks great!  The bucks here are doing their thing and are running around after each other in some kind of stuper!  I only regret not being able to spend some time with your friends!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline oschroe

« Reply #7025 on: November 14, 2011, 02:09:19 pm »
It was great to see all the fellas last week.  Sorry I missed the weekend.  Thanks Eddie for the "comrade container", it will be utilized no doubt.  Dave, Dan great to see you guys, hope you get back soon (love the campfire lies and stories).  Here's a pic from my hunt this past weekend.  Got this doe Friday morning with my recurve and another one Sunday morning with my model 94' rifle.  Saw the biggest four pointer in my life chasing the doe Sunday morning (couldn't take him no Buck tag) :-[ :-[ he had to have had 18-20 in. beams with only forks, nothing else.

Woody
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7026 on: November 14, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »
Congrats Woody nice doe , or is that a big squirrel  ;) :) :) :)Joe it is a lot of work but seems to be coming along pretty good.When it is tanned and I have it over me I will never remember the hard work, :)you know what that say,if it was easy everyone would do it and it wouldn't be worth much, Anyway it is helping to keep me in shape. ;) ;D ;D ;D There were a few flaws in the skinning but for such a large animal /cold weather and by yourself I think you done a fine job,Thanks. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #7027 on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »
Congrats Bear,Dan didn't say you was using a CP bow,but what every floats you boat. :)It looked like a nice 8 from the picture. :) :) Ya Cracker it got a work out.Not really we was just having some fun and thought of you. :) :) Yes Parnell it was a large time ,I think had by all. :) :)
   Pappy
[/quote   Hated using it but you know 8 years is a long freakin time. >:( >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #7028 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:52 pm »
It was a great time, just too bad I got down there a little later than most and had to leave as early as I did. We did eat like Kings that's for sure. Thanks Pappy for putting up with all of us. I can't wait to get back down there again. Thanks for all the help on my grandkids bow Pappy, Will, and Eddie. Alex glad you got you a deer. Way to stick with it. That little doe was my first in Tn. Maybe one day I'll get a buck like Pappy's and RangerB's. :)  Life was Definitely Good at Twin Oaks last week. I was lucky Sat. on our gun opener to get a doe and a buck by 7:30 that morning. Got Pappy a another good hide without a hole in the chest. Neck shot him for the tanning project. :)
                                                                                 David

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #7029 on: November 14, 2011, 07:02:30 pm »
I too want to say thanks for having my son Forrest and I for the weekend.
Forrest had a good time despite the fact that the kept banging his head into things.
He said the whole place must be "Pappy size".

I got to meet WillH for the first time.  Great guy.  Missed seeing Eddie. :(  We arrived two days late.  Got to see some fine folks I had not seen in quite some time.  That is always good.

Got three bows shooting.  Forrest 6' Osage long bow.  My "Caveman" bow. Cut and Carved with all stone tools.  And a small kids bow.  I don't think the bow in the pix with the holes in it is going to stay together.  One of the knot holes is coming apart.  :(  Oh well, It is just a hunk of wood.

Just out of curiosity Forrest and I counted Pappy's knives in the cabin. ;D
With out opening any doors or drawers we counted 106 knives.... :o

Thanks Pappy
We are sure to come back.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7030 on: November 14, 2011, 08:00:58 pm »
 Congratulations on the doe, Woody, and you to, Dave. I got a year and a half old 5 point Friday afternoon with the .300 and missed one Sat. afternoon. We got the roof put on the new skinning shed at Chris' and the light hooked up Saturday. Probably why I missed, too tired from the forced labor :P ;)

I'll get some pictures up when I get a chance of all the deer that came in when I was there. I took a picture of inside the cooler with all the bucks piled in there. And I have to post pictures of the wonderfull things gifted to me from some guy's Im proud to call good friends.

David, I'm sorry I missed you and your son but I had to start heading South. 404miles from Pappy's to Chris' and 308 to my brothers in Jaxsonville, and then 189 to get home. wheeew. ;D Well worth it ;D ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7031 on: November 14, 2011, 08:47:19 pm »
Hey Eddie I'll post a picture of the arrow I done with the Damascus head you gave me as soon as get me charger cord back out of Pappy's Cabin where I left it upstairs.   The charger has the darn USB port for my phone camera.   Sure was great to see old friends again.  It is special to pass along some of the things I make at Twin Oaks. 

I worked on another arrow today here at my house.  I like Pappy's idea of doing a single arrow at a time.   Just about finished up my brother's Osage bow.  I'm gonna bring it along the next time I head to Pappy's so I can shoot it in.

Look forward to seein ya'll again soon.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7032 on: November 14, 2011, 10:01:05 pm »
 Jon, I'm going to get up a picture of the arrow and knife you gave me also, and the cut on my toe :-[ that sucker is still sore. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline fencepost

« Reply #7033 on: November 14, 2011, 11:29:55 pm »
Woody rifle season don't start till Nov.19 .......your old 94 must be a rare muzzle stuffer..

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7034 on: November 15, 2011, 12:07:29 am »
 8)

Yeah the knife was kinda sharp. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee