Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670015 times)

Offline Will H

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7050 on: November 16, 2011, 01:03:15 pm »
Pappy, I sure did have a good time hangin out with ya last week fella! Thanks again for everything!!
Brother Dan, Eddie, Dave... It was great seein you guys! Hope y'all make it back soon :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7051 on: November 16, 2011, 01:06:02 pm »
I bet that cat misses me, haha :). Hope he's gettin fat on venison.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline julieb

« Reply #7052 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:13 pm »
Congrats on all of the deer.. Wow quite impressive.... And I bet Bubba does miss Paul his pal.........

On another note........  Paul can't download pictures so here are a few that I told him I would download for him

Lots and Lots of arrowheads made over the years........ Mad Skills... ( all of you have them)

Take care and Happy Hunting!!
Being that right person is just as important as finding the right person....

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #7053 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:18 pm »
Nice bucks there, Jon you did a great job on the arrow heads, and the arrow/knife combo. you're a generous friend.
VB

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7054 on: November 17, 2011, 07:35:13 am »
Thanks for sharing julieb, ;) :) that is some fine work by Cowboy. Good to here from you Mark,hope all is well up North. :) :) Finely quit raining here and has turned colder,I got in the wood yesterday,seen 2 doe from the stand                 and a nice buck coming out. Maybe today  ;) :) :). It was good just to get in the woods.it would have been even better if the North/West wind wasn't blowing at 15/20. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7055 on: November 18, 2011, 02:14:22 am »
I don't think I know Paul, but dang you said it on the skills.  Thanks for the pics.

Pappy, I'm about 5hrs. away, I'd love to try to make it down there sometime.

(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7056 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:33 am »
Botarist, come to the Tennessee Classic . Lots of us will be there and it is still as cool as Pappy presents it each week...but with lots more folks! Paul(cowboy) might just be there too.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7057 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:26 am »
I agree with Pat,it is way cool when we all get together,it's like a big family reunion. It is really strange how that is when some you have only meet here
and when you meet them face to face it's like you have known them all your
life. bowtarist you would be welcome anytime,I am there most weekends Friday till Sunday morning,the rest of Sunday is reserved for Miss Joanie.  ;) ;D ;D
It's Friday and headed that way pretty quick,Jon is on his way and Art is coming to Hunt this evening,Gun opens in the morning ,plus we have a club meeting at noon.
It will be the last before Christmas[I think] :) It will be good to see all the guys.I always swear I am staying in bed with my head covered opening of gun,it usually sounds like a young war about 7 am but I am sure I won't,I will be out there with my bow just like always. :) No gun hunting on my place so the shots won't be to close. ;) ;D ;D Hope yall have a good one,Stories and pictures Monday,I hope. ;) ;D ;D Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7058 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:10 am »
Headed to Twin Oaks myself in a few hours.  Gonna try and hook Pappy up with a new HD TV for the cabin.  My daughter is moving and she gave me her old tv so it's gonna have a new home at Twin Oaks.  I hope to break my dry spell this weekend with the bow and finally put some blood on an arrow.  No one loves being in the woods more then me but I want to justify to my wife just how come I spend all that effort and time on hunting and bow making.   8)

Hope I get to see some friends this weekend at Pappy's.  I've not been there in a few weeks and it seems a lot longer then that.

Hey Pappy I just loaded the leaf blower up so I won't forget it!

See ya'll soon.

Life is good.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7059 on: November 18, 2011, 09:22:24 am »
I wish I were sitting in a tree this morning instead of here at work! Seems like everywhere is down-sizing their ranks, yet wanting the same amount of work from much fewer people. In this economy, it's difficult not to take it when you do have a job....don't have to like it though.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7060 on: November 18, 2011, 11:56:56 am »
 I hear you Greg, I came off vacation and found out I was supposed to be at three different places the same day ::)

Art and Jon, Good luck and shoot straight.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #7061 on: November 18, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »
I hear you Greg, I came off vacation and found out I was supposed to be at three different places the same day ::)

Art and Jon, Good luck and shoot straight.
That shouldn't be a problem for a man of your caliber. >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7062 on: November 18, 2011, 01:02:42 pm »
Botarist, come to the Tennessee Classic . Lots of us will be there and it is still as cool as Pappy presents it each week...but with lots more folks! Paul(cowboy) might just be there too.  ;)

Thanks Pat!! Thanks Pappy!!

I'm gonna try to make the classic this year, already told my wife too.  Got one question though?   :-[ I'm a little ashamed to ask.  :-[ I don't have a selfbow, only fg backed factory bows.  :o  Are they welcomed there or will I have to try to swing a trade for a selfbow if I want to shoot?  :-[
Oh boy, I hope this doesn't put me in the hot seat. Maybe I should have waited til after the  Christmas Exchange before putting myself out there like this.  Thanks for the invite guys.  Hope this don't change your opinion of me.  ???  Good luck this weekend to all who hunt @ Pappy's and elsewhere, we start out holiday roundabouts this weekend.  No woods time for me until Monday.

Best of Luck, derik gratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7063 on: November 18, 2011, 01:11:07 pm »
Not at all,lots of glass bows there.  :)You are welcome and if you ever want to get/make a selfbow it would be a great place to start.  :) :) I'm out of here  ;D ;D
see ya Monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7064 on: November 18, 2011, 01:15:12 pm »
Derik, any traditional bows are welcome at Twin Oaks for the Classic. If you haven't made one by then you can make a selfbow at the Classic. Some of the best wood bowyers around will be there helping others build their first bows and some experienced bowyers building their 100th. If you sign up for the selfbow challenge you will get a stave(hickory), have access to tools and the workshop and lots of helpers. Once your bow is done you can compete against other first time builders for a chance at the Selfbow Challenge trophy.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC