Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670827 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7110 on: November 28, 2011, 09:46:50 am »
Hey Pappy I see you guys are getting some use out of that burner I left up there. Boy they're really knocking out the big deer this year looks like a trophy room. Life is good Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7111 on: November 28, 2011, 09:54:32 am »
Dang it! I sure miss not being up there. Congratulations, Chase, real nice deer. Red sure does a good job with those European mounts, I really like the way they are mounted on those wood platforms.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7112 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:21 am »
Yes we are Cracker,it works great,Thanks. Ya Eddie it has been some good hunting for the last couple of weeks,seeing lots more deer than we did while yall were here.May need to make it a later date next year. ;) :) Stringstretcher the arm and elbow is getting some better,I broke them both 38 years ago ,had been married 2 weeks , in 6 or 7 places and they never feel real good but at least they ant aching as bad for now. Miss Joanie says I need to be a little more careful,Just can't seem to do that. ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7113 on: November 28, 2011, 02:22:30 pm »
Great photos Pappy!!  Looks like you guys are really bringin down now.  Late archery starts here next weekend.  No hunting deer this week.  Life is Good!!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7114 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:02 pm »

" Had been married two weeks, in different places, and they never feel real good"  :o ::)

Hmmmm.....  Pappy, I think you need to rephrase that, less Miss Joanie, should see this, and misinterpret it.  ;)

Wayne

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7115 on: November 28, 2011, 05:33:48 pm »

" Had been married two weeks, in different places, and they never feel real good"  :o ::)

Hmmmm.....  Pappy, I think you need to rephrase that, less Miss Joanie, should see this, and misinterpret it.  ;)

Wayne

Yeah that's pretty funny.   8)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7116 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:34 am »
OK,38 years ago I had been married 2 weeks, I wrecked my motorcycle and broke my right elbow in 7 places and my left elbow in 5 places.They never really feel that good but better than they have been lately. How's that. ;) ;D ;D I guess I am going to have to get a proof reader for Life is good. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7117 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:03 am »
How's that. ;) ;D ;D I guess I am going to have to get a proof reader for Life is good. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy

Now that's funny again!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #7118 on: November 29, 2011, 05:02:06 pm »
Man nice job on the deer Greg and beau. Congrats. Looks like a great weekend and a whole lot of fun. Y'all need to make Jesse work a bit harder tho.

N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Will H

« Reply #7119 on: November 29, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »
Missed you guys this weekend Pappy! Looks like it was a good one as usual.  ;) I finally got that new bow skinned! I hope to take it to the woods Sat morning. Ill bring it by after the hunt but heres a sneak peak for now...  ;) Shannon is 2 nice!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #7120 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:48 pm »
That is a sweet looking skin Will.  I'll make sure to come by Sat. and shoot it.  Hopefully it has a new handle  ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7121 on: November 30, 2011, 07:08:15 am »
Good looking bow Will the skins turned out nice. The weather is supposed to be nice Saturday so maybe we can have some more good luck hunting,got mine and Beau's deer cut up and in the freezer last night so I am ready for more. ;) :) :)
Ya Wade we do work him pretty hard but he don't seem to mind. :) :) It's funny we all work hard but it don't seem like work.I have told a lot of folks if I had to work that hard at work I would quit. ;) :) :) :) speaking of,I better get to work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline johnston

« Reply #7122 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:31 am »
Pappy just wanted to ask why you think you need yet another proof reader? You already got hundreds ;D

Lane

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7123 on: December 01, 2011, 06:45:19 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D Guess you got a point johnston. :) Congrats to Jimmy[Ranger B] on his promotion yesterday, Colonel ,that guy will be a General someday.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:48:26 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7124 on: December 01, 2011, 09:59:49 am »
I was honored to get to attend Jimmy's promotion yesterday, quite a memorable experience! Congrats again Jimmy and thank you for the invite, and for the great tour of the museum and helicopter's! I grew up only a few miles as the crow flies from the 101st heliport. I recall as a boy seeing huey's flying on a daily basis over the fields and woods behind my house during the 60's/70's. It was cool to get to walk around the top military helicopters we have and have you describe many of their capabilities.

What made the most impact on me though was walking down the aisle in the 101st headquarters and seeing all the nameplates of soldiers killed from recent day back to WWII. Your pointing out several of your friends on that wall that you served with and commanded. Puts it in an entirely different light seeing those walls filled with names and knowing the sacrifice they made and their families! I think you said there have been just over 7,000 101st soldiers killed since the division was formed...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...