Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670175 times)

Offline mississippidave

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7680 on: April 23, 2012, 05:06:05 pm »
Wow!  I can't believe it just, one more week!  Me and malcolm spent more time talking about the classic than pig hunting this weekend!  Those pups look awesome we're getting places ready for em!  Didn't need a dog this weekend though, clean misses all!  Got a clean osage stave for the challenge and two pig hindquarters to cook up there!  Tha hole bow is awesome!

Offline seabass

« Reply #7681 on: April 23, 2012, 06:54:51 pm »
sounds good to me Bear.i'll see you this week and everybody else i'll see you friday.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #7682 on: April 23, 2012, 07:00:22 pm »
Hey Steve!  Where ya'll campin?  We're thinkin about up on the hill where Robtattoo was last year.  Otherwise it's feets downhill or chancin da flood.  I wish you'd teach me and Malcolm something bout bowfishin!

Offline seabass

« Reply #7683 on: April 23, 2012, 07:48:06 pm »
hey Dave.i think me and Bear will be in the lowlands down by the creek across from where we camped last year.i am sure i can show you guys how to miss a carp.i want to come down your way a try for some gar and pig.have you ever tried to hand line in a pig on a bowfishing rig.if not,you guys just don't want to try something new LOL.can't wait to see you guys.btw have you heard from the gentle knapper.is him and Troy coming?what about Roger?see you soon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7684 on: April 24, 2012, 04:51:01 am »
I think I'm going to make a pot of soup for next weekend if that sounds good to everyone?

I love soup.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7685 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:41 am »
Great news Chuck,that was supposed to be your stave but Will sweet talked me out of it.I am a push over. :o ??? I may have something else,we will go to the barn and look around. :) :) Bear that would be great. :) :) Dave they are growing and looking good for sure,everyone wanted them this week. Thanks for the hog,one for Saturday night pot luck would be great,we almost ran out of food last year,feed over 700 at that meal  ??? ??? so all the help we can get is greatly appreciated. :) :)  Me and Miss Joanie went to Sam's last night and got the consessions stocked , got a few loose end to tie up this week /weekend
and we should be set on go. Getting calls and emails every day so it looks like it is going to be another good one. 3 more days after today for me. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #7686 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:59 am »
Hey Pappy I'll be there on sunday had to go to Augusta to the hospital for the birth of our first grandchild a big ol stropping boy. Well today it's back to the grind and getting ready for the trip got a lot to load and get organised. I'll see you sunday unless something goes to flop between now and then. Life is getting better. Cracker.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #7687 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:45 am »
I was afraid you'd say that Steve....looks like we'll be by the creek too.  The gentle knapper is the reason why....he's bringing the whole clan and setting up Monday in the lowland.  I'm trying to talk Malcolm and Bud into leaving Monday.....Haven't heard from Roger.  I'm gonna call Rich today....I talked to tahutey and he's hoping to make it Wed....

Pappy, my wife and kids have claimed the brindle with the striped face.....I may have to fight Malcolm over it.  We'll have a monumental game of paper, rock, scissors!  How's the Malcolm Parker t shirt coming :D :D?  I gave my osage takedown I made away last week so I still have to build another for the bear hunt in June.....Pressures on for me for the selfbow challenge :embarassed: :laugh:.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7688 on: April 24, 2012, 11:58:25 am »
Ya both the brindle's are cute as they can be,had lots of comments  on them.
I haven't heard on the shirt but I feel pretty sure it is in good hands. Take down for the challenge would be a tough one,you need to come in Monday if you want to do that. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7689 on: April 26, 2012, 08:16:42 am »
Got my Grizzly order in yesterday, ;) ;D ;D [I love Grizzly] its like Christmas when I get a package. ;) :) :) so got just about all the equipement repaired in the shop,    blade on one of the big saws and a few more vices to lub and put leather in and I think we are set. Miss Joanie and me worked on the vendor list last night,25 lined up,that's it we are full. :) One more day for me. Life is good, that is for sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #7690 on: April 26, 2012, 01:40:17 pm »
Malcolm, Bud Kent, and I will be heading up Monday am!  I think Clay Massey is leaving from Tannehill Monday am.  Got the dog kennel ready!  Here's my plan....
1. This afternoon: go buy my wife a car (Boooo!)
2. 3am Friday head to tallahala to pig hunt with Malcom till 10am, then 2 hours back to work for half a day
3. Friday pm .Get Camping/archery stuff ready for Childrens benifit shoot at Tannehill (Bows and arrows, gloves, armgaurds, etc for me, Sonya, Maggie, and Emily)
4. Sat 4am head to Tannehill, shoot camp eat
5. Sun 10 am head home (4 hours) to get ready to leave for Clarksville
6.  4am leave for Meridian to meet fellas to drive 10 hours to Classic
7. Monday pm.  Arrive at Twin Oaks and have a week of relaxation and comraderie!  Whew!

Offline BearG

« Reply #7691 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:27 pm »
Malcolm, Bud Kent, and I will be heading up Monday am!  I think Clay Massey is leaving from Tannehill Monday am.  Got the dog kennel ready!  Here's my plan....
1. This afternoon: go buy my wife a car (Boooo!)
2. 3am Friday head to tallahala to pig hunt with Malcom till 10am, then 2 hours back to work for half a day
3. Friday pm .Get Camping/archery stuff ready for Childrens benifit shoot at Tannehill (Bows and arrows, gloves, armgaurds, etc for me, Sonya, Maggie, and Emily)
4. Sat 4am head to Tannehill, shoot camp eat
5. Sun 10 am head home (4 hours) to get ready to leave for Clarksville
6.  4am leave for Meridian to meet fellas to drive 10 hours to Classic
7. Monday pm.  Arrive at Twin Oaks and have a week of relaxation and comraderie!  Whew!
Sounds like a great plan to me.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #7692 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:36 pm »
Whew that's quite an ambitious plan. We have a mill out at meridian. That's usually my gas stop on the way to Warren Arkansas. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7693 on: April 26, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »
I'll see y'all next Thursday morning, save me a spot for my little camper. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #7694 on: April 26, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »
I'll see y'all next Thursday morning, save me a spot for my little camper. :)
Will do sir
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.