Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669603 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7725 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:58 pm »
Tomi, it was great to see you again at the classic. See you again at TGMM.  ;)
  Do you have a Photobucket account? It makes it a whole lot easier, it's free and you don't clutter up your computer with lots of pics.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #7726 on: May 08, 2012, 12:37:14 am »
Well, we made it home.  During the 2nd leg of our 10 hour trip, I popped Will's CD in.  During the middle of "Life Is Good" I turned to look at , Miss Heather wiping her leaky eyes.  We'll be sure to post some pics as soon as we downsize a few.  Between Miss Heather and myself, I think that we took over 800 pics. 

We'd like to thank Pappy, Miss Joanie and the Twin Oaks Members for hosting one of the greatest vacations anyone could ask for.  We enjoyed the entire week, though it went speedy fast.  We'll definitely be back in 360 days, or less. 

Life IS Good  (Thank you, Will) ;)

Matt
heather is wonderful!!  She needs to meet Lulyn, Keenan's wife.  wow that would have been a great fireside chat!!  I need Heather's email I have some info. Or I will just p.m. you Matt.
such a fun Classic.  Maybe the best ever.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7727 on: May 08, 2012, 01:17:22 am »
Marie, it was a pleasure to finally chat with you face to face.  You too, are a wonderful person.  Look forward to seeing you again.  Maybe you can book more time at the next Classic.  We'll get yourself, Lulyn and Heather together for that fireside chat.  I'll send you a PM. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7728 on: May 08, 2012, 02:20:50 am »
Matt, it was great to meet you and Heather. I enjoyed our talks about the sinew backed shorties. Your coral snake horn bow had me drooling and wanting to build one. Maybe I'll have one to show you next year.   ;)
   Best of luck with the new addition to your family. I hope you will let us know when the special event happens.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #7729 on: May 08, 2012, 03:06:19 am »
Matt, it was great to meet you and Heather. I enjoyed our talks about the sinew backed shorties. Your coral snake horn bow had me drooling and wanting to build one. Maybe I'll have one to show you next year.   ;)
   Best of luck with the new addition to your family. I hope you will let us know when the special event happens.
New addition?? What??  :o
I thought Heather had just eaten a Pappy burger!!!  O:)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7730 on: May 08, 2012, 06:50:23 am »
It was a great time for sure,just got back to work and way behind but all worth it,
I will have some pictures up in a day or so,as soon as I get time to downsize them. Just want to thanks all that came and many that jumped in to help when we got behind,it is a wonderful bunch we run with. :) :) Wound up with 460 register for the shoot and feed between 650 and 700 Saturday night.Good crowd
for sure. :) :)  Thanks again from me and Miss Joanie and all the TwinOaks folks.. :) :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7731 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:44 am »
To say that this was the best event I have ever attended would be an understatement.  To all of the people at Twin Oaks, especially Pappy and Miss Joanie for all your hospitality and offerings during my stay.  It was my first time there, and even with all the dreamed expectations, it was far beyond anything I ever imagined.  To all the people that I met for the first time after chatting with you online for years, it made my trip especially special to put a face to names.  This is something I will never forget, and cherish the memories over and over for years to come.  Thanks again to everyone for such a wonderful and fulfilling time.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7732 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:35 am »
Wow! Fed over 700? And it was so crowded with only around three or four hundred last time i was there. Pappy, your gonna have to buy a bigger place ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7733 on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:57 am »
Here's a few pics..... 

A song for Pappy
Will doing what he does, so well.  Thank you, Will  ;)
A bow for Wee-Wicki.
The PA Gang
Pat B passing it on
Making Yellow Shavings

We'll get some more up soon...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:56:04 am by MWirwicki »
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Badger

« Reply #7734 on: May 08, 2012, 12:15:54 pm »
  Can't thank Pappy and Mrs Joanie enough for such a great time. Wondeful crew of guys in that twin oaks club as well. I wish I could remember all the names but I met so many my brain got a bit overloaded. I have to believe that this group is probably the finest bunch of bowyers assembeled in one place anywhere in the world. All those vices and workbenches going at the same time is a sight hard to imagine, I don't believe I heard a cross word all weekend. A truly wonderful weekend and the people were the most wonderful part.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7735 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:22 pm »
So great to finally meet you, Steve. Lets do it again for sure next year.  ;)

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #7736 on: May 08, 2012, 07:15:51 pm »
Pat, it sure was good to see you!!! And hug your ole neck!!!!!! :laugh:
I got some help from Jake Allen, to post the link back to my pics I posted yesterday. I would have to resize each one!!!!whew!!!! Hope ya'll like them, my camera wasn't acting right so if I didn't remember to wipe the lens.....my fingerprint blurred sometimes. Anyway, hope this is OKAY!!!!!

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=688886

Tomi Varnell
 ;D

Offline Badger

« Reply #7737 on: May 08, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »
  Pat, same here. I felt like you and Eddie were old friends even though I never met either one of you in person before.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7738 on: May 08, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »
  Pat, same here. I felt like you and Eddie were old friends even though I never met either one of you in person before.
  Steve, that's the magic of the place...and it gets better every time you go! I wish I'd had more time to spend with people though.  There never seems to be enough time :(
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7739 on: May 09, 2012, 10:47:54 am »
Another great year,thanks to all that came and made it a big sucess for us.Hope all had a good time and I think most all did,very few complants for so many people,that says a lot about the folks that make up this gathering. Lots of shooters [464] and lot of folks there for the fun and to see what it is all about,just waht we want,pass it on.  :) ;) 50+ bows built and lots of rock busted along with black smithing,good food and friends,hard to beat that.  :) I finely got some picture ready so I will post a few a day,got a lot of catching up to do here at work :( :(  so in my spare time  ;) :)I will get them posted,thanks again for all the help,[donations and man power] you folks really came through,I can always count on that it seems. :) :) The first few are folks ariving and getting ready for the event.We had a lot come in for the week. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good