Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671174 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7935 on: June 18, 2012, 07:14:34 am »
BigA has been working with Hunter [a grandson of and old friend of the club and accosaite member] on a Osage bow,Hunter has worked hard and with BigA's guidance tuned out a nice bow.I will post more pictures in the bow section when I get the specs.  :) :) Targets all un boxed and ready to be set on the ranges. :)
French drain being put in around the concession and also the Registration. Registration cleaned and ready for guest in a few weeks.Things are coming together. :) :) Chris Goff is heading up the drains and Chris Collingsworth is heading up the shed repair and doing a fine job getting it finished before the next shoot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7936 on: June 18, 2012, 07:19:30 am »
Little picking/napping and sanding going on Saturday after the work had slowed down. Hunter gave BigA a gift for his help on the new Osage bow.Very nice arm guard with knife in it.  GregB's knife finished,very nice blade. :) We had a very special guest Saturday evening,Will's mom showed up for a visit.Sweet lady. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:23:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7937 on: June 18, 2012, 07:30:49 am »
More picking and grinning, ;) :) French drain installed and Gravel ordered. :)
ChrisC after a hard day working on the shed floor,turned out nice,a place to store more stuff. ;) ;D ;D Jeremie came down Saturday evening and got his Osage bow ready to brace,looking good. :) KingRon and HunterC putting the final nails in the new floor. Then I get a special call from Jesse,great to hear from him,he is doing good and misses us all.Great to hear from him for sure.I get home Sunday for a Father's day dinner and Beau and Christina gave me this picture,it was puzzle they put together and she matted and framed it,some of my hero's. ;) :) :)Hope yall had a good one I know I did. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7938 on: June 18, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »
Fun times for sure.  I'm sorta getting the hang of making sheaths.  Now to try my hand at quivers.   Life has been good.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #7939 on: June 19, 2012, 12:55:59 pm »
Fun times for sure.  I'm sorta getting the hang of making sheaths.  Now to try my hand at quivers.   Life has been good.
I have patterns for a couple I'll try to remember t bring down>
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #7940 on: June 19, 2012, 01:40:08 pm »
Thanks Pappy; for the pictures and story tellings.
I appreciate your time and doing this every week.
Those sure are some pretty targets!
J

Offline Badger

« Reply #7941 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »
  How many targets did you get Pappy, looks like the whole course is going to be replaced? For such a small club you guys just amaze me! Excellent example and roll model for other clubs to follow.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7942 on: June 20, 2012, 07:32:54 am »
Thanks Jake,I will keep doing it as long as folks want to look,not to much trouble,
kind of fun sharing or adventures. ;) :) :) Steve we got 80 new McKenzie's,we try to replace targets/mids and such every year,worst of the best goes to the practice range for a year or so. We have done this for 20 years and if you will stay on top of it,it's not that hard to keep good targets, key is to stay on top of it. Lots of clubs I attend tend to spend their money on everything but targets,we take care of targets first. ;) :)  Steve ,Wished you could make it back for the IBO Trad.World, You would enjoy that.Got at least 10 I know of coming from CA. :) Got folks coming from all over the world,it's going to be pretty cool,now we just need to pull it off again. ;) :) We will be at the Club every weekend from now through the shoot working,most of the guys are fully committed to making all our events the best they can be and everyone leaving with a smile,special bunch I run with that's for sure. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #7943 on: June 20, 2012, 09:06:19 am »
I saw there was a gas explosion at the Opryland Hotel.  Is Woody ok?

Glenn

I'm pretty sure I'll be heading down with Dave for the IBO.  Still finalizing the details.  I have to be back Monday morning after that so we have to make a bee line after we get the targets. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7944 on: June 20, 2012, 10:40:49 am »
Ya I guess he is,haven't heard if it killed him or not , >:D so I guess not. ;) ;D
That is great Glenn, yall coming early enough to shoot ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7945 on: June 21, 2012, 07:17:31 am »
Talked to Woody ,he is fine. :) :) Headed to the Cabin this evening to check on things,haven't been down all week and need a fix. ;) ;D ;D for some reason really looking forward to Friday this week. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7946 on: June 21, 2012, 09:17:07 am »
Pappy: When you get there tomorrow, have a final-final for me! 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline GlennM

« Reply #7947 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:42 am »
Dave and I are probably leaving early Friday morning (3am) and we should arrive in the afternoon on Friday.  Dave is at a shoot this weekend but is planning on calling you to work out the final details.  Never been to Tennessee in the summer.  Can I weat shorts and hiking boots in the woods to shoot or do I need pants because of the ticks?

Glenn

Offline iowabow

« Reply #7948 on: June 21, 2012, 09:40:17 am »
When i went last year I wore shorts and regular shoes. The twin oaks club keeps a nice range. Now with that said if you are going to be missing every target and hunting for arrows in the woods then you might want pants.     :D
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7949 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:16 am »
 :) :) :) Wished you could make it back John. :) Glenn ,shorts are fine,that way you can see them little buggers crawling up you legs. :D :D We will have tick spray the will keep them at bay. :) :) Matt I might just do that. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good