Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671225 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8085 on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:40 am »
Looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to go next year. It looks like from the map my buddy Brian made it from Polk City, Florida. He tried to get me to tag along but I was on the road too much last year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8086 on: July 24, 2012, 09:40:10 am »
Ya we missed ya,had several from Florida ,It will be in Cloverdale IN. next year,we needed a break. :) To go from the Classic right into getting ready for this is tough so we told them we may do it again down the road but not for at least a couple of years. Lots of folks sad about that but Cloverdale will do a good job I am sure. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #8087 on: July 24, 2012, 12:06:31 pm »
Looks like a great time.  "Cloverdale"...yes...That's just up the road an hour.  Maybe I'll see some of you there next year. dpg

p.s. That painting is great Pappy!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8088 on: July 24, 2012, 01:17:55 pm »
 :laugh: OH Pappy.....Jeff and I sure did have a wonderful time!!!!!!! Your pictures are great!!!!I stole a few myself!! I posted well over a hundred on the trad site on gon. I'm gonna get Jeff to right click here a link to take a looksee here. I never right click it correctly!!! Anyway THANK YOU to all of Twin Oaks and to the IBO for a great weekend!!!!!!
Tomi Varnell   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Otis

« Reply #8089 on: July 24, 2012, 08:01:26 pm »
Great pictures Pappy.  It was a great weekend. Eddie, will be glad to see you up here. :) Just add another 4.5 hours from Pappy's and you'll be here. I hope we can fill the shoes of you guys and do as good of a job that ya'll have done the last three years.
                                                                                               David

Offline BearG

« Reply #8090 on: July 25, 2012, 11:05:43 am »
Man sure hate I missed it, and even hinted to Miss Dawn about me just riding on down late Friday but that didn't fly. I think me and Bro. Dan are going to try to get down soon. I know you  have some trips planned Mark so We will keep an eye on your schedual and see when we can come.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8091 on: July 25, 2012, 01:52:18 pm »
Hopefully this will come thru okay for me and ya'll can take a gander at my pics this way........ :)

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=700621

Hope ya'll enjoy them!!!!

Tomi Varnell  :laugh:

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #8092 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »
Hopefully this will come thru okay for me and ya'll can take a gander at my pics this way........ :)

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=700621

Hope ya'll enjoy them!!!!

Tomi Varnell  :laugh:

You did it! Good job lady.  8)

Thanks for posting your pictures Pappy. I enjoyed those.
A whole pile of thanks to you, and Joanie, and Big A and the rest of the folks who worked thier tails off so Tomi and I could show up, shoot and have a wonderful weekend.
That means the world to me.  :)

Offline seabass

« Reply #8093 on: July 25, 2012, 05:51:14 pm »
great pics everyone.thanks for posting them.looks like i missed a great time.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8094 on: July 27, 2012, 06:34:29 am »
Friday again ,love it.I have been worn out all week.Still have some cleaning/straighting up to do around the club and cabin but about got it finished.
Got some arrows to finish and check out a couple of bow to be sure they are ready for next week.Jon and I are headed to ElmHall MI. to the 23 annual stick bow shoot .We plan on leaving early [2am] Wed. morning and won't be back till the 6th of August. We get to kick back at this one and enjoy instead of work. ;) ;D ;D Always look forward to going up there and visiting some of my Yankee buddies. ;) :) :) Who knows what else we might get into but packing for sure. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8095 on: July 27, 2012, 04:32:08 pm »
Pappy
If I had vacation time left --I would be standing along I69 waiting on ya to come by!!!!!
Oh well see ya around !!!
Have fun with them Michiganders and I will see them in 2 weeks at GLLI !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #8096 on: July 29, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »
That sure looked like a lot of fun! If the business didn't tie me down so much I would be there for sure!!! Gayle and I will be showing up....one day!!!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8097 on: July 30, 2012, 07:06:41 am »
Love to have yall again Tiller,Guy we will be headed that way Tuesday evening,we got everything ready to pack and have decided to leave 5 or 6 tomorrow  evening,I like driving at night much better and also can't wait to get up there.We had a good weekend,not to many showed up Saturday for the meeting so we didn't take the Hunter Challenge range down,we did shoot it,lots of fun just relaxing and doing some shooting,got all our gear ready for the trip up North,also got my Poplar  arrows tuned for my new bow and some Cain for my winged elm bow. Will and I also got a Presimon stave split/cut and Will got a bow laid out,should make a good bow,very clean and straight. Here are a few pictures of the fun. :) :) Sweet Pee showed up and pretty much spent the day,love that gal. :) :)  Got the arrow mounted in a nice spot that the boys from ElmHall gave to us at the IBO world.I like it a lot. :) :) I also got in a lot of shooting,need to be ready for my Yankee buddies. ;) ;D ;D ;D
    Pappy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:13:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8098 on: July 30, 2012, 07:12:23 am »
Jon getting some arrows ready for the trip,Will putting a grip on a bow for Jimmy and also helping with the recurve skinning  job,it turned out very nice. Me putting the final touches on the poplar shaft's,Thanks Charlie,they fly great out of my new Osage. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8099 on: July 30, 2012, 07:15:24 am »
Testing out the new arrows,Jon working on strings and still at the arrows,he wants all to be right for the trip and to have plenty. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good