Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670176 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8130 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:39 am »
Looks like a lot of fun. I'd like to make that Shoot one day.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #8131 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:05 am »
Looked like ya'll had a hoot, one of these days I'm going to hook up with you and go.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8132 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:18 am »
Sure seems like alot of beer cans in those pics Pappy? Is that all they do up there is sip beers and talk archery?

Thanks for sharing the pics Pappy, it was good to finally talk for more than 20 seconds.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline DQ

« Reply #8133 on: August 08, 2012, 12:13:29 pm »
Thanks for the photos, Pappy.  Nice memories.  Thanks also for the great time shooting together and talking bows.  There's no place like Elm Hall.    DQ

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8134 on: August 08, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »
Man all you folks up there without me  :'(!!!
I have got to find someone to haul this worthless old nut up there before they plant me !!!
well at least I will see some of them at GLLI this weekend !
This may be my last trip up even that far unless I can get someone to haul me ,almost had my daughter in law talked into it this year but then my son was scheduled for more heart tests this weekend ,getting ready for more surgery.
I will try the trip one more time by myself and that maybe the end of a long string of GLLI for me !
Glad you all had fun !!
See ya all around !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

« Reply #8135 on: August 08, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »
Pappy it is nice to see you have fun and socialize without having to work at the same time.you guys deserve it.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8136 on: August 09, 2012, 06:25:20 am »
Guy I would have been glad to haul you up,it was a great time and look forward to next year. :) :) Thanks Steve I did enjoy it. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8137 on: August 09, 2012, 08:38:09 am »
Maybe next year Pappy !!
Thanks
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8138 on: August 09, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »
Pappy it is nice to see you have fun and socialize without having to work at the same time.you guys deserve it.

He was almost invisible up here Steve. If it wasnt for those bibs nobody would have recognized the ol' boy!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #8139 on: August 09, 2012, 05:30:01 pm »
Chris,down at the classic Pappy is buzzing around like a bee.he never stops working and makes sure everything goes smoothly.you really need to make it to the classic.good group of guys and gals down there.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8140 on: August 09, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »
Soon buddy, soon. You can trust me when I say Im not avoiding it or getting lazy. Its all about family obligations that same weekend nearly every year.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8141 on: August 10, 2012, 06:08:38 am »
Love to have you Pearl,Friday again and I am headed ,guess where  ;) ;D ;D when I get out of here.Had a great weekend but looking forward to getting back down to the farm. Still have some thing to put back where they belong but it's also time to get some bushhogging done,food plots ready to plant and hunting gear [bows/arrows] ready,so that's my plan. Got an older guy that is going to Argentina for a field archery shoot that wants me to make him a bow and I may get started on that also. I am also working on a Persimmon bow and need to get it floor tillered.Other than that I just plan on kicking back and enjoy the cooler weather. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday.Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #8142 on: August 10, 2012, 07:35:52 am »
Have a big time Pappy don't do anything I wouldn't do. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

blackhawk

« Reply #8143 on: August 10, 2012, 08:23:30 am »
Soon buddy, soon. You can trust me when I say Im not avoiding it or getting lazy. Its all about family obligations that same weekend nearly every year.

Dude,this IS your family,and its an obligation you go  >:D

Don't work too hard down there pappy,and don't foget to tip some cans and sit around the fire and shoot the !!!!  8)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8144 on: August 13, 2012, 06:21:19 am »
Great weekend,didn't get much done around the farm but a lot done in the shop.It felt good to be working on bow again. Had a good crowd and everyone seemed to have a good time.I think we roughed out 5 or 6 bow to floor tilller and
got one shooting.Also some knife work and a little napping going on.Hope yall had a good one also. I had to help my mom Wed.[pluming problems] :( while I was cleaning up the mess I noticed a sledge hammer in the room,I ask where she got it because I remembered seeing it before,it was Granddaddy Baggett's old hammer,she gave it to me along with and old latrine he use to use. They both are at least 75 years old and I am now the proud owner,couldn't think of a better place for them than at the Cabin. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:22:34 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good