Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668163 times)

Offline don't cry wolf

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8550 on: December 05, 2012, 11:51:17 pm »
Looks like another good weekend! yall turn out bows like Jon turns out knives! I see Anthony is back on his feet. Think everythings gonna be clear for me to head up this weekend.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8551 on: December 07, 2012, 06:25:52 am »
Looking forward to it Josh. Friday again,be Christmas before you know it. ;) Not much planed for the weekend,a little hunting and working up some arrows for my new Osage bow and of course some hide work. ;)Got my second almost scrapped yesterday and another in the water soak to thaw,it needs fleshing and racked up.
Need to start some tanning soon. :o :o I think I have 10 to do now. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8552 on: December 10, 2012, 06:28:08 am »
Great weekend,lots of bow/knife work /hide work and shooting going on,that included shooting the bull. ;) ;D ;D It rained all weekend so not much hunting. :)
Here are a few pictures of the fun. :) My Osage finely finished. :) Another hide almost finished scrapping and some more knives laid and cut out. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8553 on: December 10, 2012, 06:34:59 am »
First shots out of my Osage after finish work,shoots real nice. Will and Chuck working on some Osage staves. Me sanding one of my hides,it make them really smooth and get off any membrane that I may have missed.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8554 on: December 10, 2012, 06:39:56 am »
Jon's Sea grape ready for the form and last heat treating. My Osage ready for Saturday morning hunt,got raid on. :( Forming up another bow and then some picking and getting supper ready.Deer back strap and gravy. Yum. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8555 on: December 10, 2012, 06:44:49 am »
Kevin finishing up his Hickory bow,turned out really nice and a very good shooter.
Chuck chasing a ring on some very challenging Osage,he is coming along nice and is doing a good job. Some fun shooting/picking and story telling around the fire,I just love that time of the weekend. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8556 on: December 10, 2012, 06:48:32 am »
Supper,with taters. :) :) Heating and straightening Chuck's first Osage,came out of the form nice. :) I think he is happy with it so far. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8557 on: December 10, 2012, 06:54:16 am »
Will and Kevin building another form,can't have to many around that place. ;) ;D ;D
Me fleshing and racking another hide. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8558 on: December 10, 2012, 06:59:18 am »
BigA and his Nephew showed up,He is doing extremely good for having both knees replaced,tough old bird. ;) :) Jimmy and 2 of his kids came down,His daughter is in from collage and as you can see he is glad to see her. :) :) All great kids,we are blessed at TwinOaks to have a bunch of great kids. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8559 on: December 10, 2012, 07:07:22 am »
Will working on a Yew stave he traded for,always another bow with him. ;) ;D ;D
Chuck cutting the nocks in his Osage bow and ready to tiller.Josh made it down,still working on his Dagger,he take his time with everything. :) :) Michale and son shows up Saturday to do a little scrapping,I think that is a BlackWalnut,not sure he has several going right now. ;) ;D ;D Later in the evening Chuck's at first brace and looking good. :) I think he is enjoying his self and fitting right in. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8560 on: December 10, 2012, 07:11:30 am »
Will's Yew cut out and ready for floor tillering.We helped Chuck tweak the tiller on a Yew bow he has been working on,got it looking pretty good and ready to shoot.That's it for this week,Hope yall had a good one also.Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8561 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:15 am »
Pappy
Thanks for sharing all you folks are up to it is a big encouragement to the rest of us that are out here all on our own !!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

« Reply #8562 on: December 10, 2012, 09:03:00 am »
Man guys...I miss my Tennessee home....heck, they even wrote a song about it :laugh: but if I lived down there id be divorced by now...y'all must have the best wives in the world  :D...dang will...slow down brother,you got the bug bad,but so do i ;)

Offline Otis

« Reply #8563 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:15 am »
Looks like another great weekend for Sure!! Pappy I neck shot a big doe yesterday on a military hunt if you want the hide. No hole in the body. :) That makes
two for if ya want em. Didn't see but two deer all weekend. It's been warm and raining. It ain't suppose to be that way for December. Your osage is looking good.
You guys take it easy.
                                                                                                 David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8564 on: December 10, 2012, 10:02:56 am »
Ya that would be great Dave, 1 of the 2 I have done in the last week or so was the buck you shot last year in the neck.Nice hide,1 hole and large. ;) ;D It's my pleasure Guy,glad yall enjoy it. :)Chris you would fit right in but ant sure even you can keep up with Will, he is on a mission right now as far as bows go. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good