Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668347 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8565 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36:37 am »
You guys have it made!

Looks like another great weekend for Sure!! Pappy I neck shot a big doe yesterday on a military hunt if you want the hide. No hole in the body. :) That makes
two for if ya want em. Didn't see but two deer all weekend. It's been warm and raining. It ain't suppose to be that way for December. Your osage is looking good.
You guys take it easy.
                                                                                                 David
dave, Steve Parnell and I worked on bows this weekend and thought it was ironic working in flip-flops and shorts and listening to Christmas music.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8566 on: December 10, 2012, 12:49:12 pm »
Yew shavings at the Twin Oaks ranch...............LIFE IS GOOD! ;D >:D

Offline Otis

« Reply #8567 on: December 10, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »
Eddie it was in the upper 50's here yesterday. Today we have a chance of snow. I was hoping to have the white stuff for hunting this year. I do like hunting in it.
Right now, with the wind chill, it feels like 27 degrees. :)  Really  not flip flop weather.
                                                                                                          David

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8568 on: December 10, 2012, 09:00:04 pm »
Yew shavings at the Twin Oaks ranch...............LIFE IS GOOD! ;D >:D

Will and I are working on one each now.  Pappy would have been doing one but I took his vice.  He's a fine fellow to allow me to use his space.  Got to love a fella who'd let you use his vice and scrapers!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8569 on: December 10, 2012, 09:48:11 pm »
Looking forward to seeing your bows that you two make. Today I had the rare privilege to hold and admire an Osage bow that was made roughly the 1920's It was almost black in color!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8570 on: December 11, 2012, 06:48:23 am »
Ya with Chuck showing up from Washington State we got an influx of Yew,very nice stuff,I still have the ones I got from you Keenan,I unlike Jon and Will can just look at it and think about it for a while with out just jumping and and start hogging wood off. ;) ;D No hurry,got plenty of bows. :) I may get started on one after Christmas. ;) I got 2 really clean pieces from Chuck,didn't know I needed to
pick knotty twisted stuff for the best Yew. Guess I sc#$#$d myself ,cause I had first picks. ;) ;D ;D I thought clean was good on any wood. :) anyway Tanning hides at the moment,the hides are no fun in warm/hot weather, the wood/bow making don't matter much . ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8571 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:07 am »
I'm glad y'all like those knotty ones. Seems like I end up with them sooner or later. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8572 on: December 11, 2012, 10:41:36 am »
Pappy some of us yew folk have very distorted mind when it comes to what is the good stuff :o ;D

Eddie, Good things come to those who wait >:D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #8573 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:36 pm »
Man - that shot of the Venison in the pan got My stomach rumbling. Really enjoying the "Life is good" and looking forward to seeing Twin Oaks this Spring.!
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8574 on: December 11, 2012, 05:56:51 pm »
Looking forward to having you there, Bob (Chamookman).  Of course, the Wicki family will be.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #8575 on: December 12, 2012, 11:57:10 am »
Anyone know who this feller might be? http://clarksville.craigslist.org/atq/3431967939.html

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8576 on: December 13, 2012, 06:56:23 am »
Never heard of him Josh,give him a call,that would be right up you alley. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8577 on: December 14, 2012, 07:01:03 am »
Friday and probably my last full weekend before Christmas so I want to make the most of it, ant really got any bows going right now,at least any I feel inclined to finish so I plan on hunting and working on my hides. Trying to get enough to keep me busy after Christmas, I will have a week at the cabin then. ;) Can't wait for that. ;) :) :) I know Jon and Will have some Yew bows in the works and Chuck will be down I feel sure to work on his Osage.We have a club meeting Saturday so that is always a good time to catch up with what has been going on with the guys
and figure what our plans or for the Spring. Already thinking and starting plans for the Classic. ;) ;D  Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8578 on: December 14, 2012, 09:10:11 am »
Funny, The Wirwicki's are already thinking and starting plans for the Classic also.  Have a good weekend at Twin Oaks. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8579 on: December 17, 2012, 06:39:35 am »
Also looking forward to it Matt. ;) ;D Had another good weekend,rained most of it so not much Hunting but I think everyone got a lot done around the shop. We had a good meeting Saturday and I did manage to get a couple more hides scrapped and 1 more racked, I spent the rest of my time helping a little here and there around the shop. Here are some pictures of the fun. :) Started the weekend
doing a little maintenance on the drill press vice,I think Greg and I got it repaired,it had gotten really loose and we don't seem to repair anything until it is broke. ;) :) :) Another hide in the works,this came from a northern deer killed by Dave in late winter,man it was a job to scrape,hair really really thick. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:28:26 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good