Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670860 times)

paulc and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8820 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:14 am »
Will doing some long range shooting. 1 hide stretched and ready to scrap. Miss Joanie's Valentines gift. Man I am a thoughtful guy. ;) ??? funny thing is she loves that kind of stuff. :) :) Hope yall had a good one,can't wait till next week.
Life is Good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #8821 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:33 am »
Pappy, you're such a romantic devil.  ;D
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #8822 on: February 11, 2013, 08:12:38 am »
Looking good boys....pappy you can go ahead and write my name on that crooked stick whether its going to be your trade bow or not ;)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8823 on: February 11, 2013, 08:39:21 am »
Looks like another great weekend at Twin Oaks.  Ya'll aren't waistin' any time on the trade bows.  Good on ya!  Jon, sure like your sheath work.  Have a good week!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Two Feathers

• Happiness is a crooked bow and straight arrow.
    • White Pillars Estate
« Reply #8824 on: February 11, 2013, 09:59:38 am »
I think I have a name for my bow based on a comment by Will. Will, you were right...the upper limb near the tip looks like the head of an alligator gar. So, I'm thinking about calling it "Ol' Gar Head."  Thanks for all your help.

Gary
Gary Forrester
"Two Feathers"
Spring Valley, OH

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #8825 on: February 11, 2013, 10:04:28 am »
Looks like a find way to spend the weekend.

Pappy:  What do you think of the new Echo chainsaw now that you have run it???

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8826 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:03 am »
I am ant I hedge. ;) :) :) David I know it's new but it was so much fun with this saw, I had 2 friends with me cutting,one with a 20 in. Huskavana[spelling but you get the point]  and the other an 18 both with new chains and a year old,we cut the big oak log side by side and I could cut 2 to one so I am very pleased,no bog no slow down and could hold in one hand as it went through after I got the cut started. We will see how it holds up,only time will tell that. ;) Gary the bow turned out great,can't wait to see it all dolled up,it was our pleasure having you down for a couple of days. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #8827 on: February 11, 2013, 12:47:57 pm »
Told ya them echos were good saws ;)  ;D ...mine still is holding up great n its thrown a lot o yeller dust and other woods as well...and it don't get any tougher than hedge around here  8)

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8828 on: February 11, 2013, 01:49:46 pm »
Looks like another great weekend at Twin Oaks.  Ya'll aren't waistin' any time on the trade bows.  Good on ya!  Jon, sure like your sheath work.  Have a good week!

Thanks for the comment Matt.  I have a system for making my knife sheaths.  It's been passed down a thousand years from generation to generation.  I'm currently the only one alive that has the secret.  When I see ya next I'll pass that secret along to you.      ;D ;D ;D

I am trying to get ahead on my Trade Bow.  I can read the future and it looks mighty busy so I figure I best get as much done as soon as I can.   ;)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #8829 on: February 11, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »
Lookin good as usual yall... whose sweet character bow is that?!

Offline seabass

« Reply #8830 on: February 11, 2013, 08:04:09 pm »
that iron wood is looking great Jon.heck,everything is looking good.i can't wait to get down there.see you soon guys.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8831 on: February 12, 2013, 06:15:17 am »
I think you are right Chris,I had a small one for over 10 years ,no problem till me
[someone] :-\ put un mixed gas in it. :( :( Josh that is my stave,just trying to figure out what to do with it,it has a bad hook in the handle area,not sure if I am going to try and steam and bend it or cut it in half and make a take down,just thinking about it right now. :-\  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #8832 on: February 13, 2013, 01:27:28 pm »
Seems like too good a stave to make a takedown... just one mans opinion though

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8833 on: February 14, 2013, 09:15:46 am »
That's plan B Josh if the bending/straightening don't go as planned.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8834 on: February 15, 2013, 05:26:11 am »
FRIDAY,YAHOO.Glad it finely made it,Miss Joanie has been sick all week and I haven't been feeling the best but I think we are both in recovery and I am so ready to get to the cabin. Got a lot of plans but who knows which one I will start on. :-\ We have a Club Meeting at Noon Saturday and also another Squirrel hunt going on so it should be a fun time. Supposed to be cold,highs in the 30's so the fire will feel good for sure.  :)[Chuck] ;) I plan on getting my Trade bow to a growth ring and laid out,other than that I am open.I think Shannon[Flintwalker] is coming in so I know we will eat good. ;) ;D  GregB said he was coming to work on his trade bow also and I am sure most of the gang will show up. :)Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday.  :) Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good