Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4672598 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9165 on: April 22, 2013, 07:00:56 am »
My trade bow all shot in and cased up,bow sock/knife and stringer.It is a really sweet shooter.Hope they like it. :) :) Art and Dave doing some visiting. :) Matt shows up to help and make some new strings for his collection of bows. :) :) Chris came in Saturday morning,no Turkey but lots of scrooms. :) :) Yum Yum. Me cutting out Josh's Yew bow,and Josh with his Walnut laid out and ready to cut. :) :) I also got the skins on John's bow,should be ready for him by the Classic,Thanks Matt. ;) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:06:48 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9166 on: April 22, 2013, 07:05:18 am »
Strings and scrooms. Chuck's mom showed up for a visit,very sweet lady. :) :) Pup for Mark,a sweet little girl.Hope you like it Mark :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9167 on: April 22, 2013, 07:10:07 am »
Supper Saturday night, Gumbo/Steak/Deep fried Turkey/scrooms and all the fixings.Great night with friends,thanks to all that put it together. :) Will rounded out the weekend Sunday morning with a nice bird. That's it for this week.4 more day and I will have 10 days of it.Hope yall had a good one. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:15:39 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #9168 on: April 22, 2013, 07:21:39 am »
you guys have everything looking good down there.see ya friday fellas.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Otis

« Reply #9169 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:11 am »
Thanks for putting me up for the weekend Pappy. I had a great time as always. Only problem, it was only two days. :( Oh well, see you in a week. :) :) Glad to
put the lights up for ya'll. I'll keep my eyes open for more.
                                                                                            David

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #9170 on: April 22, 2013, 07:28:05 am »
Things really look good Pappy.  See you in a couple days.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9171 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:06 am »
Looking great, Pappy and the fellas!  See you this weekend!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9172 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:17 am »
Man o man Pappy, that looks like the Taj Mahal, you guys are the best. That puppy makes your heart melt, she gonna be old enough to leave? Looks like she's gonna have some big mitts on her.
Those were some tasty looking morels you had, we used to pick them all the time but our weather the past few years has been so strange here, spring last year turned really cold, killed most of the apple blossoms and no mushrooms.
Sure hope this week goes fast, lookin forward to seeing ya all
VB

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9173 on: April 22, 2013, 10:45:29 am »
You are welcome,she was born on Easter Sunday so if they are eating,and I think they will be she will be almost 6 weeks,lacking a few days weeks,old enough ,I got sadie at about that age. Momma is a full Mt. Cur and daddy,I think was some kind of Lab. Not sure,should have taken a better look at him,he is no longer with us. ;) >:D >:D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #9174 on: April 22, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »
Those are some cute looking pups. Good freinds for alotta years.
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #9175 on: April 22, 2013, 02:42:40 pm »
I'm tired.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #9176 on: April 22, 2013, 04:06:51 pm »
Wow! Nice bows, shrooms and puppy. Wish I was there right now!
Sorry I can't get on here as often as I have in the past. We just bought a house and my honey do list is huge!!!! But all is good in the Tiller residence. :-)

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #9177 on: April 22, 2013, 08:24:47 pm »
Pappy,
I'm coming down for my second classic, loved the first one but only spent a day.  A friend and I will be coming down thursday night May 2 around 6-7 o'clock.  I was wondering if there would any space left to camp down the hill next to the creek ? If not, and the only room to camp is on top of the hill I was wanting to know if it would be OK to bring my UTV to ride up and down the hill?

Also, If there is anything that needs to be done friday me and my friend would be glad to help.  Just point us in the right direction.
Thanks
D Bar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline seabass

« Reply #9178 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:51 pm »
looking forward to seeing you again Bill and meeting your friend.i am sure you will find a place to camp.i'll be down by the creek in the lower lot.see you soon brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9179 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:39 am »
Should be room at the bottom,if not yes you can just watch the folks,lots of them walking around.I am going to try and keep everyone as tight as I can at the bottom so we have more room down there,folks seem to spread out pretty big camps if I don't keep and eye on them.  ;) :) :)I tell them take all the room you need but  also be as frugal as possible,try and think about other folks.  :) :) Some just rather camp at the top anyway. :) Took a little time for myself yesterday and racked a hide and done some finish work the bow I skinned. :) Got one more hide and then back to the grind. :) Got a lot of little project to complete but after this week and weekend we should be about done,lots of good help coming in this weekend so I may put them to work. >:D Thats the bad part about coming in early. ;) :) :) :) The good part is we eat good. :) Tiller wished you could be there also.Maybe next year. :) Cabin ant smelled the same since you left. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good